Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE WrestleMania 30 Discussion Thread - April 6, 2014 from New Orleans, LA

TPIB

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see Sheamus being interviewed on SSN last night?, he was like a giddy school girl when he found out Ian Rush was in the studio, "I'll buy ya a couple of pints fella for winning those FA Cups" :D

Guest Ciaran The King
I like Sky's coverage of Mania this year, they've got a few decent programmes available On Demand

And to think people thought the risk of the first Wrestlemania would ruin the company
It wasn't a thought without merit though. Knowing what we know now and how big WWE is, it's hard to think how it could have failed, but at the time it would have been a massive risk due to the chance of the celebrities turning off the rabid wrestling fans and the fact it was wrestling meaning the mainstream audience Vince craved might not be drawn in by the celebs.

If it had failed, it'd be interesting how the future of wrestling would have changed.

From Wrestling 101:

The puzzle is finally complete. We now have the full card for Wrestlemania 30. Sure, it isn’t the best card ever, but I think it’s tight enough to deliver one of the best Manias we’ve seen in a while. I’ve thought long and hard on these. Did some flipping. Some flopping. I’ve looked into my cloudy crystal ball and envisioned all the winners and losers for Sunday’s historic event.

> WWE Wrestlemania 30 Predictions: Picking a Winner for Every Match

Guest Magic

Does anyone think Cena will beat Bray tonight? The bookies have him as the rank outsider.

William Hill also has 11/4 that AJ Lee won't walk out champion, and the same price on Big Show to win the Battle Royal.