Martial Arts

Rey Mysterio: a flip pity flip flopper?

Maxximus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest terrythunk

Rey really needs to call it a day. His stock has fallen so badly in terms of name value it's quite sad to see, but you can't blame WWE for not pushing an act who is sadly unreliable on health grounds. He's lost so much weight since his 2002 - 2005 muscular prime, and those dodgy looking masks and shiny trousers... the whole act has just gone downhill. He can still work good matches, but he's too far removed from his prime at this point.

This last run has been a total dud. it should never of happened. He should have came back for Mania 30 with a big feud and go out with a credible spot / match. Slowly killing off his star power with random six man's on Raw helps nobody.

Guest Jimmy Redman

The way people turn on Rey the second he gets injured always amuses me. 2012 was probably the first year since the early 1990s where Rey wasn't a Top 10 worker in the world at bare minimum, and yet apparently he's years past his prime and a total wreck.

The vast majority of the roster should kill to be as good as Rey is for the six months a year he's healthy.

Guest The Beltster

Top 10 wrestler in the world every year for a decade?! :lol WHATTTTT?! He's top 10 in boring flip flopping midgets, but what makes him a top 10 worker? Being an excellent gymnast?

Rey is dull as dog shit, his lucha nonsense does my head in, its crap, how he can be classed as top 10 makes me shake my head.

Guest Jayfunk
Rey hasn't been in the top 10 since 98 there was a period between what 95 to 99 where he was at his peak to be fair to him wwe doesn't present his style very well they never been able to a top notch cruiserwieght division as vince never understood there role in wrestling

Guest Edgehead
I've never been keen on Rey in WWE but I did think he was ok in WCW. I've always remembered that the first time I watched Nitro the first match I saw was Rey Mysterio vs Dean Malenko. Must've been a good match but I don't remember anything about it :lol

Rey has the best ring psychology of any luchadore who ever wrestled for the wwe. He's entertaining, colorful and most importantly THE KIDS LOVE HIM! He also shifts a ton of merch. If being a pro wrestler is more than workrate, Rey ticks every box except a good promo. That's his only weakness. Well, that and his knees of course.

Keep hating haters. You can never dilute my love for little Rey.

Guest John Hancock

Who are you to question the ring psychology of Essa Rios?

I think Rey's awesome. He's not a little flipper. He has flippy moves, and he's had flippy matches, but he's better then that and, more importantly, he has good matches with non-floppy guys. He's not a star, and he should probably never main event a pay-per-view again, but he's a good to great T.V. match guy, in an American style. His complete lack of kneecaps is neither here nor there.

Guest The Beltster

He's not only a flipper, he's a flippity flip flopper! And him wrestling much bigger guys cant be taken seriously. There's small and then there is child like small. Rey looks ridiculous in there with anybody bigger than the Miz, his moves looked unrealistically choreographed (when people get knocked down, they only ever fall onto the middle rope for Rey and nobody else) he has no psychology...selling because you're little to bigger guys isn't psychology, its just common sense. Whatever guys, like him if you must (no taste having mother....), everybody has different taste but lets not make out he's some super worker who has a great grasp on psychology just because he has more than other luchas, who all have zero! My pug uses more psychology than the average luchadore.

F*cking horrid spot monkeys!

If he was a real Mexican, I'd be attempting to sabotage his work Visa just so he'd be deported back to the mother land and I wouldn't have to see his shiny trousers (pants!) again.

Edited by The Beltster

Well look at it this way, Belt. You like Spiderman right? Rey is the wwe universes version of Spiderman. He's a smaller guy who uses his speed and agility to beat up bad guys who are way WAY bigger and stronger than he is. He's beaten Rhino, The Lizard and even the Juggernaut on his own. Rey's done the same thing.

Guest John Hancock
He's not only a flipper, he's a flippity flip flopper!

LANGUAGE!

His size is probably only thing that does bug me. When he hits the rope, and his head goes under the top rope, it's pretty hilarious.

Guest The Beltster
Well look at it this way, Belt. You like Spiderman right? Rey is the wwe universes version of Spiderman. He's a smaller guy who uses his speed and agility to beat up bad guys who are way WAY bigger and stronger than he is. He's beaten Rhino, The Lizard and even the Juggernaut on his own. Rey's done the same thing.
When he can shoot spider webs and climb buildings, I'll be impressed. Saying booyaka, walking out dressed like a peacock and attempting to murder people with his leg brace isn't getting it done brother!

(when people get knocked down, they only ever fall onto the middle rope for Rey and nobody else)
They do it for Christian too so he can do his "leap over the top rope and then nail them with a punch as the opponent is draped on the ropes spot".