Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Rey Mysterio: a flip pity flip flopper?

Maxximus

Guest The Beltster

But lets say Rey kicks at Shows legs, or flies off the top rope at him, is it even believable that he can hit Show hard enough to actually do anything to him? Its like a child hitting an adult, unless he smacks Show in the balls, throat or eyes, its tough to buy into.

I dont mind guys of different sizes fighting, but when its guys like Rey and Show or Rey and Brock or Rey and Triple H etc, they should avoid that at all costs because it doesn't do anybody any favours. It makes those guys look stupid if they sell anything Rey does and it makes Rey looks stupid if he just gets pounded.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the size difference of 60lbs mentioned earlier is lessened the bigger guys get.

It's why in MMA the heavyweight division is 205 - 265, but the lighter ones would be a 10lb difference. Difference between 145 and 170 is huge, difference between 225 and 250 isn't.

Guest terrythunk
But lets say Rey kicks at Shows legs, or flies off the top rope at him, is it even believable that he can hit Show hard enough to actually do anything to him? Its like a child hitting an adult, unless he smacks Show in the balls, throat or eyes, its tough to buy into.

I disagree. Maywhether did a shoot number on Big Shows face. Size really doesn't matter. If Rey Mysterio started throwing shoot punches in shows face, he'd bust him up too - Rey's a muscular bloke if you go back and look at his 2002 / 2005 frame. Sure he's dropped a hell of a lot of mass now, but if it would occur in a shoot, I can buy into the work.

I disagree. Maywhether did a shoot number on Big Shows face. Size really doesn't matter. If Rey Mysterio started throwing shoot punches in shows face, he'd bust him up too - Rey's a muscular bloke if you go back and look at his 2002 / 2005 frame. Sure he's dropped a hell of a lot of mass now, but if it would occur in a shoot, I can buy into the work.
If it was a real fight Mayweather would never have got anywhere near close enough to his face to do anything to it.

Guest The B-Man

To a degree yes i mean it's all ifs and buts but he could run a speed up dropkick his knee and that's going to hurt. Be the same if a kid of 10-11 did it to me, it's gonna hurt regardless of the size different.

But yes ultimately I do agree with Really small v Really big does look daft.

to be fair, rey/big show is the absolute extreme end of the spectrum though. If that was the only problem with Rey's matches, that you can't believe him against the Big Show, then that'd be fine.

It's not though. I find it so hard to believe that any of his offence would really hurt anyone at all. I enjoyed him in WCW as a Cruiser where he was already working the smaller guy angle into his matches. He had a much more enjoyable offence back then too and could hit better moves on smaller opponents, and in the process just had better matches constantly. I just don't buy him, and frankly I don't want to buy him, as someone good enough or capable enough or big enough to compete with decent heavyweights. The day there became this obsession with Cruiserweights en masse needing to compete with bigger guys was the day I really stopped caring about them en masse.

If he was wrestling Curtis Axel I'd want to see him get absolutely smashed to bits.

Guest John Hancock
On the contrary, I find anyone not beating Big Show looks ridiculous. The guy looks so, so unhealthy that it's laughable that someone fast and in shape can't just trip him up.

wouldn't wish anyone out of a job, although, if he wants to I'm sure Rey would find work somewhere else, but I shant miss him even a tiny bit if he does leave the WWE. That comes from someone who would have rated him as one of my top ten favourites on the planet in the mid 90's.

Guest John Hancock
If he went back to lucha, it would probably be CMLL, not AAA, but, most likely, it would be neither, he's pretty blown up in lucha terms, he can't do the stuff they do anymore, his American-lucha style is completely different from the Mexican style, he'd have to pretty much completely re-learn the style to suit his new body.

Guest John Hancock
If CMLL continue to try to push in to America, he'd be a pretty good sort of Hulk-Hogan-in-TNA-y figure, especially being bilingual.

Guest The Beltster
Yeah, Mayweather, a multi time undefeated boxing world champion smacked Show several times right in the face, and Show shook it off in seconds and ran after him, it was like nothing. So whats your point? Making somebodies nose bleed isn't hard and its also not a big deal if they immediately beat the f*ck out of you afterwards.

On the contrary, I find anyone not beating Big Show looks ridiculous. The guy looks so, so unhealthy that it's laughable that someone fast and in shape can't just trip him up.
He's so ungodly strong though and seeing him on TV and in person up close it totally different, he is f'n massive! You see him every week on TV and its just like oh theres Show, in person that guy is a monster and his body isn't that beat up considering his age, weight and the amount of years he's been wrestling. Just trying to get your arms around his waist would be impossible. Edited by The Beltster

Guest John Hancock
If I was fighting Big Show, I'd just jog in a small circle for 30 seconds and wait for him to have a heart attack. That's the strategy I think of every time I see him wheezing around.