Martial Arts

Rey Mysterio: a flip pity flip flopper?

Maxximus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman
If CMLL continue to try to push in to America, he'd be a pretty good sort of Hulk-Hogan-in-TNA-y figure, especially being bilingual.

AAA are the ones about to enter the American market.

Guest The Beltster
You'd think they'd know better. I guarantee you that AAA, CMLL or any Mexican or Japanese promotion will never EVER get over and be a resounding, sustained success in the states. Ever.

You'd think they'd know better. I guarantee you that AAA, CMLL or any Mexican or Japanese promotion will never EVER get over and be a resounding, sustained success in the states. Ever.

As much as I like lucha I have to agree. We(the US) have tried on more than one occasion to give lucha a spotlight on various cable channels and it never lasts more than a few weeks. Of course those promotions were put together as a gimmick for tv. We've never had a legit lucha company air on mainstream tv but I don't think that would pick up enough ratings to stay on air.

Guest Ciaran The King
Lucha wouldn't appeal to mainstream audiences out outside of a country where it originated. It all depends what your conditioned to and what you wanna see

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy Redman

:lol

People complain that he's too old and injured and he can't do his flips anymore, so he'd be great in the flippy-do division?

People complain that he's too old and injured and he can't do his flips anymore, so he'd be great in the flippy-do division?

This, a million times.

EDIT: I should elaborate a bit, lest I turn into Ciaran. Rey can barely walk to the ring these days without ripping some kind of muscle apart in his leg, never mind do the same style of wrestling he did almost 20 years(!!!) ago when wrestling Psicosis. All he really has now is his seated senton, the 619 and that daft splash he does. Rey should have been done at least 2 years ago.

Edited by ViciousPrism

Guest Jamster26

Am I people?

Am I people?

Part and parcel of being human, I'm afraid. Besides, you should know it to be true anyway, or else Rey would be working like he's Kurt Angle (well, physically with banged up knees and all and a give no f*ck attitude towards said knees) or something.

It's easy, let him go do his Mexican thing for a couple of years, bring him back for a HoF spot and a Legends contract. Right now there's no need for Rey to be actually wrestling anymore.

This. Totally this. I really couldn't agree more.

Guest Jimmy Redman
It's easy, let him go do his Mexican thing for a couple of years, bring him back for a HoF spot and a Legends contract. Right now there's no need for Rey to be actually wrestling anymore.

So if he wrestles in Mexico it doesn't count as actually wrestling? :P