Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - March 3, 2014 from Chicago, IL (#1084)

TPIB

Guest The B-Man

I'm backing Punks stance purely because in 2014 DAVE is not a star.

However if he's there tonight I want him to GTS Aaron Paul :P

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all this talk of Punk coming back, and all the people standing up for him online I have to wonder (and ask), why isn't anybody talking about how much of an unprofessional politician he's being?

Hmmmm....

You...you.... think people are marks for a wrestler? :sad5: So much so they'd happily ignore there flaws because they just enjoy them so much? :sad: I can't even begin to imagine why someone would act that way... brother. ;)

Guest The B-Man
Oh and I know they are 2 unrelated things, but I love how Aaron Pauls film is called "need for speed"

Guest The Beltster
You...you.... think people are marks for a wrestler? :sad5: So much so they'd happily ignore there flaws because they just enjoy them so much? :sad: I can't even begin to imagine why someone would act that way... brother. ;)
Thats my point. If Hogan did it, good God...the anger!

I've never denied Hogan is a politician, like I've always said its part of the game and part of staying on top. Some people play the game properly and succeed and some dont. I dont blame Punk, nobody is going to look out for you better than yourself, but I find it extremely hypocritical that he walks out 20 minutes before a live show starts and in the middle of WrestleMania season because he isn't happy and all the fans side with him like he's right just because he's an internet darling. Shit, if Hogan did that all those same people would be dropping down dead of rage induced strokes!

Wrestling fans have THE worst double standards of anybody on the planet. Its all ok, as long as your favourite does it.

Edited by The Beltster

It wasn't a comment on Hogan, just funny how people can be very much for one person and not for another is at least similar kind of circumstances. Which is the same in football or whatever thing people choose to enjoy.

Guest The Beltster

We are in totally agreement then it would seem.

I was specifically talking about Hogan in my original post without mentioning his name. That guy isn't a web fave so he's a politician working for the devil for the betterment of only himself, Punk is a web fave so he's the shining light who is only doing it for the betterment of mankind. Drives me crazy.

I'm of the opinion that if he walked out because he was genuinely fed up with the WWE being the way it is, then more power to him. But if he did it just to have a few weeks off and get himself a bigger paycheque only to come back and stay happily in the little spot WWE have made for him, then he's an a*s and a hypocrite.

But then I'm a mark for Punk, so my little mark heart is fervently hoping it's the former and not the latter! :lol

Guest The Beltster
I'm of the opinion that if he walked out because he was genuinely fed up with the WWE being the way it is, then more power to him. But if he did it just to have a few weeks off and get himself a bigger paycheque only to come back and stay happily in the little spot WWE have made for him, then he's an a*s and a hypocrite.

But then I'm a mark for Punk, so my little mark heart is fervently hoping it's the former and not the latter! :lol

Regardless of the reason though, he was unprofessional, walking out 20 minutes before a live TV show was about to start that was all written with him in mind. I'm not bashing him for it, Hogan has walked before too (although not right before TV and he has generally always put somebody over on the way out, thats right Hogan haters!) so I'm not really that bothered about his actions, more the defence of him by internet dorks who bash others for the same thing.

Those wrestling double standards are a killer.

Oh yeah, it was definitely unprofessional, but I can also sympathise with being that disheartened by your job that you can't bear to be there. Been there and done that (and funnily enough walked out without warning the one day).

Guest Jimmy Redman

Lolz.

They wouldn't be doing this if he wasn't coming out by the end of the show though.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

I'm kinda like the fact they milked it for all it was worth by having Heyman use it to further the Lesnar deal, rather than blow the load by having Bad News Barrett deliver the news.

Lolz.

They wouldn't be doing this if he wasn't coming out by the end of the show though.

This only just furthers my idea that Punk left to get D-Bry into position to have the HHH match at 'Mania. Work or no, it's more of a selfless act than a selfish one.

Edited by ViciousPrism

What was that, Paulie? CM Punk you say? On live tv even? Well that's that then.

Confirmed for work just like I said on the podcast before even Stone Cold on Arsenio Hall. Shoot turned work. Punk will work Mania with Orton and Bootista and most likely win and go on to feud with Bryan til Summerfest where Bryan finally wins.

I know it's early to cal just sayin' - why else would they bring him up my name on TV if they're not gonna do something?

Also, Brock cuts a fine promo. What has the world come to?

Guest Jimmy Redman

F*ck Punk, if the Usos lose another title match I riot.

This only just furthers my idea that Punk left to get D-Bry into position to have the HHH match at 'Mania. Work or no, it's more of a selfless act than a selfish one.

Died at this.

CM Punk, selfless workrate hero, walking out and breaching his contract just to give another wrestler a better storyline for Wrestlemania. Jesus Christ.

Guest Jimmy Redman
UUUUUUSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!

CM Punk, selfless workrate hero, walking out and breaching his contract just to give another wrestler a better storyline for Wrestlemania. Jesus Christ.

You don't think so? Just look at it this way, Punk's idea for the main event of Mania is top heel vs top face. Right now, top face is Daniel Bryan. And with HHH shafting Bryan at every corner, wouldn't HHH be considered top heel? Just sayin'.

I'm not calling him CM Christ or whatever, it's just how I see it.