Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - March 10, 2014 from Memphis, TN (#1085)

TPIB

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know they would have gotten more heat on the main event if they just did the title switch at EC and then have Batista go all smark hating heel. No one gives a damn about Orton being the champion or Batista being his champion, however they'd give a mighty damn about Bryan being champ and Batista vowing to kill him as he is our hero - like he pretty much did the night after EC anyhow.

Not saying it has to go on last, Taker v Lesnar should be the main event for me as that will draw in more casual viewers even if the ending will be more predictable then a game of connect 4 against a blind person.

One thing I did enjoy last night was Rollins getting the win and looking, or should I say being allowed to look, his best since the Cena match before New Year. Reigns is awesome and on fire at the moment, Ambrose is a lunatic and has a title (which means kind of nothing at the moment but I digress) but Rollins has been slightly more overlooked as late and its good to see him get the win for the team playing into of course the fact that he is the glue that holds them together and making up for leaving last week v the Wyatt's as well.

Guest Ciaran The King

I agree with the above comments about Bray's mic work, he's the best in the business at the moment. The way he delivers his speech is done with such conviction that you can't help but love him.

Rollins also deserves praise for finally being allowed to shine and get the win in another great tag team match. At this stage I just can't see the Shield splitting up, there is no reason for it. If they are to split I think it should be done amicably

Guest John Hancock
I was kinda scared to say it, because it sounds so caught-in-the-momenty, but, now that Maxx's set a positive example of coming out of the closet, I really think The SHIELD are very close to being my favourite ever faction. They're already well into the top five.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I think they're easily mine. I can't even think of who would be second. But I've lived in a world largely free of factions.

Guest John Hancock
I think they're easily mine. I can't even think of who would be second. But I've lived in a world largely free of factions.

It depends how you judge it. If you're talking, primes, factions at their peak, I'd put DX, NWO, Four Horseman, the Corporation and the Hart Foundation all up there, but, if you're taking, like, an average, combining all the highs and lows, it's The SHIELD by far. They've literally never had a bad patch, like, literally never. They're 8-10/10 for life guys up until now, and no other faction has done that for this long. So, yeah, there's a case to be made where I'd also put them as the best faction in wrestling history.

Guest Drake
I LOVED the Shield's segment with Kane. Ambrose is just ****ing awesome at being the lunatic one. It doesn't seem forced or anything. I could actually swear that he's a mental patient. Rollins has improved wonders on the mic and blends perfectly with the other two. Then you have Reigns making the final statement/threat to Kane. Love them.

Guest Jimmy Redman
It depends how you judge it. If you're talking, primes, factions at their peak, I'd put DX, NWO, Four Horseman, the Corporation and the Hart Foundation all up there, but, if you're taking, like, an average, combining all the highs and lows, it's The SHIELD by far. They've literally never had a bad patch, like, literally never. They're 8-10/10 for life guys up until now, and no other faction has done that for this long. So, yeah, there's a case to be made where I'd also put them as the best faction in wrestling history.

Yeah, all of this basically.

They, as a group, have never had a bad match. Think about that. I was actually planning to at some point comb through their catalogue inch-by-inch just to make absolutely sure, but as long as you toss out things like squashes and 2 minute DQs and shit...they've never, ever had a bad match. And they've probably had at least two televised matches every week since the last Mania. That's pretty extraordinary.

In terms of consistency, I don't know what kind of group you could find with that kind of record. And then you add in their gimmick, promos, the overall act, and how well they were booked and protected for such long periods...it adds up.

Honestly, if you take The Shield's entire 18 month-odd existence as a group...who else has had that kind of run of consistent, week-to-week quality? I'm talking ever? Team or singles? What individual years are better than The Shield's 2013?

I think these are real questions.

Ambrose in that segment was swaggering on the spot like HBK always seemed to do in the early 90's when he first turned heel but at the same time seemed about to jump up and start chewing on Kane's ear. I just spent the whole segment watching him and his body language.

I grew up on the Hart Foundation, D-X, the Nation, the 90's variations of the Horseman, the nWo in its various forms and Evolution. Only the D-X v Nation feud kept me as entertained as the Shield have but that was mainly due to what they did out of the ring (the Horseman impression on Arn Anderson's retirement night for instance) rather then in the ring.

No faction I have watched as a wrestling fan in my life time has entertained me like those three members of the Shield have in the ring. Granted they have been in there will some killer names and that helps but even in their singles matches they have by and large been quality as well which is a rare thing in a faction. Recordings of the classic Horseman line up and their matches have come close but even then the Shield v Wyatts I and II beats most of that.

As for Steph McMahon, I have wanted to do horrible, unspeakable things to her since she was kidnapped by Taker, things you cannot type on a lovely family friendly message board or forum and even now I still would do those things. HHH would probably deck me afterwards (or try and tear his quad) but I'd be a very, very, happy man.

If it hasn't been said I think as long as the Shield can stay relevant and over and generate heat like they have for a few years(I know that's a lot to ask) then I will no doubt put them as my favorite stable of all the times.

I'm a huge Horsemen mark and I'd book the Shield over them. I love ecw's Douglas/Candito/Bigelow Triple Threat but as a three man they have nothing on the Shield.

As one of the more senior members of the board, I was a unbridled Fabulous Freebirds super mark. I used to watch WCCW after school.

I'll never forget, it was on right after bull riding. I liked Hayes' showman ship and I loved Terry Gordy dropping bombs on Von Erichs. Besides Bruiser Brody he was my favorite big brute brawler(that would soon be replaced by Stan Hansen and then later Vader). That's about the time I discovered puro and EVERYTHING changed forever.

I even liked the revamped WCW Freebirds eventhough they were shitty. I just always like Jimmy Jam Garvin. That man did a lot of coke and had a sick beard and an even better brainbuster.

Point is, I like the Shield more than any of them and I hope it stays that way.

Edited by Maxximus

Ah, this means you missed out on the greatness that was the WWE Gang Warz storyline as THREE factions feuded with each other following the split of the original Nation of Domination.

You missed out there, Jimmy. :lol

Guest Ciaran The King
If it hasn't been said I think as long as the Shield can stay relevant and over and generate heat like they have for a few years(I know that's a lot to ask)

After the finale of the Rumble and the build and aftermath of Elimination Chamber you'd have thought the Shield were nearing their expiry date, however after last week's Raw and SD they just seem to have got a lot more stronger. It's as if they sense they have to reassert themselves as the dominant faction in WWE and take back what the Wyatt's took away. I see no reason why they can't start the rebuild at Wrestlemania by taking on and beating say Kane, Rowan & Harper and then slowly build to a third act with the Wyatt's in late summer, early autumn and then split amicably in the build for Wrestlemania 31

The Shield arguing with The Authority?

The pieces of the plan slowly start to slip into place...mwahahahahahaha!!

(You watch me crying like a little b*tch at mania when none of this stuff pays off how I want it to! :lol)

Guest Ciaran The King
Maybe we will see a Shield/Authority story line after Vince get's reintroduced after Wrestlemania??