Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - March 10, 2014 from Memphis, TN (#1085)

TPIB

Guest The Beltster
I remember a time when you never thought guys would break up, now as soon as a faction comes in, several months in people are already talking about them splitting up. It would be nice to see groups last years so when they break up its a big deal. I know the Shield have been around for what, 18 months or so? But give them another 18 months then split them, a 3 year run is nice, or just leave them as a group for the long haul and have them branch out on their own too, just because they are a group doesn't mean they can't have singles careers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King
I agree, there is absolutely no need for them to split. Even now they can have their singles career while within just like DX, Horseman, Evolutuion, NWO

The takeover angle probably sounded alright on paper but picking 50 absolute losers to get in the ring with Bryan didn't exactly help him. His fans being a fat, senile or nerdy crowd only made him, and the 'movement', look awful. None of them were interested in what was happening either, though I'm sure they liked their free t-shirts.

The Wyatt promo was excellent but I don't like how Cena constantly drags feuds down by resorting to childish nonsense. Wyatt will deliver a fantastic heated promo and then the response will be "you smell like poo lol", completely ruining whatever credibility has been built up. It makes Wyatt, or whoever else Cena is dealing with, look terrible because he doesn't deal with them like a threat. Usually, I wouldn't really care but when a guy like Wyatt is delivering such high quality promos, the comebacks are very disappointing from a fans perspective but especially so for Wyatt.

Guest Ciaran The King
Yeah I agree the Cena comebacks are weak and childish, it's as if there is no chance Bray isn't going over Cena so why treat him as such

Guest John Hancock
I'd rather stupid, 13 year old, "funny Cena than stupid, Southern and black for some reason, "angry" Cena. He's always going to be a completely terrible promo, no matter what, but he can have a good match, so we have to put up with how shit he is at building things up in anyway other than getting his hats kicked safe in the knowledge that the finale will probably be really great. All John Cena feuds should be built up with his stupid hats being kicked around and him remaining completely silent.

Guest Ciaran The King
There is no reason for Cena at his age and with the experience he has got to not try and elevate Bray in their verbal duels, he could at least try and act mature

Guest John Hancock
He can't though, he's tried, and it almost always sucks, whether he's being super serial, or whether he's being a barrel o' laffs. He's just not good at talking, but he's not playing to me, he's playing broad for da kids, and, unfortunately, in a selfish way, that's just something we have to live with. We get Bray, the young, female and feeble minded get John, and everyone gets a good match at the end, it's the price we pay for being in our twenties and not growing out of f*cking pro-wrestling.

Guest Ciaran The King
I was thinking earlier was Cena's petty remarks for the kids ears only, I'm happy with the fact that Bray is better than Cena in every conceivable way

Guest Jimmy Redman

I can get behind not liking Cena's goofy, joking kids promos.

I'm not sure I can entirely get behind not liking Cena's serious, ass kicking promos. When he's actually "on" there's nobody better.

We drift further and further out to sea Rocky, you and I.

Guest HH-Evolution

This whole line of conversation? Hilarious...

Ciaran just needed a new wrestler to get behind ever since CM Punk left him...I mean us...behind - I guess Bray's a decent enough choice. :lol

Guest Jimmy Redman
Oh my f*ck.

Look at the roster, there aren't many people around who can cut a promo as good as Cena's best. (I realise now it may not appear like it, but I was thinking in terms of the current roster...)

Guest Ciaran The King
Ciaran just needed a new wrestler to get behind ever since CM Punk left him...I mean us...behind - I guess Bray's a decent enough choice. :lol

Punk's on leave, he'll be back soon :)

Guest John Hancock
We drift further and further out to sea Rocky, you and I.

We'll always have The SHIELD.

I think I'd be able to take Cerious Cena more if he just stopped the Southern accent. It's just too silly. I was a late comer to noticing, but now I can't unhear it.

Punk's on leave, he'll be back soon :)

You're my favourite.

Edited by John Hancock