Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - April 7, 2014 from New Orleans, LA (#1089)

TPIB

Paige :wub

The only problem is that she's going to struggle on a normal RAW crowd where the majority don't watch NXT or aren't from the UK. See Emma for example.

Adam Rose is coming but is bringing his sh*tty rip-off music with him. I can't believe how annoyed I am about that.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ciaran The King

Really enjoyed Raw but in don't rate it as much as some people are are. A lot of it was predictable especially the last segment. Paul Heyman was amazing, the Taker promo was electric.

As I stated elsewhere Brock needs to take on the Taker role to an extent of being a WWE phenom, he needs to be treated like a legend from now on. Also the addition of Heyman as Cesaro's manager is a great move and offers endless possibilities.

This raw was awesome, loved me and Pauline managed to get to the taping. The fans went insane for Bryan , bray , Barrett, cesaros and Paige. the crowd started singing rose's4 theme and cheered for bo's vignettes.

Best parts were chanting john cena sucks in his tune, cesaros theme tune while doing the punches in the air.

Highlights was when everyone sung he's got the whole world in his hands and clapping to brays theme tune.

Oh heyman, what a f*****g night for him. Most hated the segment due to wm but his promo work got cheered on at end and his work with cesaro got a massive pop.

And of course as Chris tells me every podcast. Believe in the shield! Crowd were Into to them once the music played and reigns spears the f**k out of him

Pretty good episode of RAW but I wasn't overly keen on Heyman's promo. It started off pretty well but the whole "wanna be/one" thing dragged on. I loved the final segment though and I'm excited by the prospect of The Shield against Evolution. Hopefully that story dominates until, at least, Summerslam.

Guest The Beltster
Great RAW, but best in a decade? No. Shield are awesome. Warrior's coat was awesome, he walks like a really broken down 75 year old man though. Sad to see.

Guest CMHunk

sorry, I might not have made the comment that clear.

best of the decade so far, as in, the 2010's, as opposed to the past ten years.

I haven't seen it so can't comment, but I don't remember that many great Raw's since 2010

Adam Rose's exotic express advert was brilliant.

Since it looks like a lot of NXT guys are getting their call up, does that mean we're gonna get a new wave of guys coming in to NXT?

Oh, and BOLIEVE was executed beautifully. I can't wait for Dallas to start his "heel who thinks he's face" schtick on Raw.

EDIT: And I want a Shield mask. I called Reigns spearing Trippers out of his boots, so I think I deserve one.

AJ started to get all Punk about the time they got together. Just a shittier version, I really hate her voice when she drops some bass in there.

Guest Edgehead
I wish they hadn't done the backstage segment with The Shield as it made it too obvious that they were gonna save Bryan, I wish there had been no mention of them all night then their music just hit when Trips was about to make the pin. That's only a minor criticism though, overall brilliant Raw.

Guest Drake
AJ's promo did sound reeeeeeally Punk-y. I wonder if he's coaching her or something.

Yeah, that crap about bragging about the number of days she's been champions was an exact copy of Punk.

I wish they hadn't done the backstage segment with The Shield as it made it too obvious that they were gonna save Bryan, I wish there had been no mention of them all night then their music just hit when Trips was about to make the pin. That's only a minor criticism though, overall brilliant Raw.

Agreed. When Kane spilled the beans on HHH, we all knew they were gonna come out and help Bryan.

Guest John Hancock
I thought it was a little heavy handed, but at least it gave Shield a little motivation to do what they did, so I didn't mind it.

Guest The Beltster
The crowd were chanting something at Cena at one point and I couldn't make sense of what they were saying, Cole said "I dont think he likes that chant", what was it?

Guest John Hancock
There was another song during the match that I couldn't hear either. It might have been the same "John Cena sucks" song, I'm not sure. I appreciated the "Bray is gunna kill you" chant to, I've always loved that chant.

Guest Ciaran The King

I think even from the start of the show the Shield saving Bryan was predictable, but it doesn't sit right for me. Since last spring they battled non stop and all of a sudden they are gonna save him?? doesn't make sense to me.

Loved the chants, "Bray's gonna kill you" was epic.

Guest John Hancock
They changed sides because Triple H arranged something against them. It was a very rushed explanation, but at least they tried, so you can't really complain.

Guest Ciaran The King
I'm not complaining per se because I'm looking forward to the months ahead but it's not really the Shield's MO to do what they did.