Fan Clubs (beta)

Music Club XI: Sprints and Marathons

We're back for round 11 of the Music Club, this time you get to pick one short song and one long song.

Criteria for the songs are as follows: (We can also debate this to fit the song time, if you'd like.)

Short songs = Anything up to 2:30

Long songs = Anything longer than 7:30 minutes*

* To avoid anyone having to go through an hour of a song, the limit will be set to 15 minutes.

You are free to pick any genre of music.

Running Order:

GO!

- ShaolinHandlock

Monday 7th July

- Omega

Saturday 12th July

- Inno

Thursday 17th July

- Beefhead

Tuesday 22nd July

- Boyo (has to review Beefhead and Shaun2J)

Sunday 27th July

- Magic (Has to review everyone)

Friday 1st August

- Paul

Wednesday 6th August

- Shaun2J

- Maxximus

Edited by Shaun2J

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Running Order:

GO!

- ShaolinHandlock

Monday 7th July

- Omega

Saturday 12th July

- Inno

Thursday 17th July

- Beefhead

Tuesday 22nd July

- Boyo

Sunday 27th July

- Magic

Friday 1st August

- Paul

Wednesday 6th August

- Shaun2J

Edited by Shaun2J

My turn first? Weird.....anyway, I had a bit of trouble choosing my first song, as every short song I had in mind was between 2:35 and 2:50 long, and since I couldn't make up my mind, I've decided to play it safe with my first choice and choose a classic Wu-Tang track:

[video=youtube;sLGklJX4Ly8]

And for my long song choice is another evil creepy underground rap posse track:

[video=youtube;pAteCeU6tpk]

Language Warning on both of those by the way.

I think I may have spotted a flaw in the system already... 2/10 ;)

That was years ago.....why do people never forget. :doh32:

Guest Inno

Ol Dirty Bastard - The Stomp

I get that the Wu Tang are meant to be one of the big noises in the whole rap thing... but I just don't get it. I guess it's like metal, or even wrestling - for those that don't get it, nothing will do it. It's just... there, y'know? I don't actively hate it, but I wouldn't listen to it again of my own choice.

3/10

Steezy Ant - Heavenz Fallen

This may be the worst thing I've ever heard. Seriously. I suffered through to the end, because rules and whatever, but never, ever again. It sounds like something a bunch of schoolkids threw together with a Bontempi keyboard and a cassette recorder. To be fair, I don't think I'm the target demographic they're shooting for.

0/10 only because minus points aren't a real thing.

Ol Dirty Bastard - The Stomp

I love ODB, I love his flow and he's always original in his rhymes. Not his best but still good.

7/10

Wow..... I tapped out after the first Sleazy Ant verse because that guy sucks balls, in fact they all sucked balls. This track sucked balls. Not one decent vocal and I skipped through to each one just in case there was a surprise in there. I'd have to say it's probably the worst thing I've ever listened to and if in anyway any of these guys are successful enough to be making money out of it then SHL should take up horror-rapping as a career because even his awful diss track stuff was at least as good as this, if not better.

-10/10

Guest Boyo

ODB - The Stomp

Erm, no, didn't work for me. I'm a massive RZA fan and I love his production for his own albums as Bobby Digital, but this was kinda wonky. I know ODB is pretty much the king of wonky, half-cut delivery, but I prefer him with a better beat behind him. It was ok but, nah. 3/10

Never heard of this fella and I don't intend to ever search out another of his songs for as long as I live. Saying that, what I heard was... acceptable. Sorta. Not really though. I'm was going to award it a decent 5/10 because there were times when I was reminded of listening to the slow bits in Speed Garage, and there's owt wrong with that. However I then think, "but there's 13 minutes of this!?" and so I will downgrade it a point, to 4/10.

Cheers!

Ol' Dirty Bastard - The Stomp

I listened to it twice because I thought it was quite bland but the second time didn't make it any better. Props for it being short and sweet though, it wouldn't have worked as a longer track. That being said, I may try and grab some ODB and Wu-Tang Clan stuff down the line.

5/10

Sorry, not really a fan of this. Listened to it all and the vocals don't do anything for me, same for the beat. Something else though... I really disliked the German vocals and it maybe a generalization but guys like the German dudes are for no reason whatsoever typically aggressive and creepy. I don't even mean the atmosphere of the song, these guys really have issues but like I said, it's a generalization thing.

2/10