Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE NXT

DC

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They collided a few times and had some excellent matches in NJPW back when Kidd was know as The Stampede Kid and Finn was Devitt. It really shows in their ring work now and all the more for our benefit.

I can't wait until Hideo gets to hit the GTS, I really can't or to see if they'll let Finn use the Bloody Sunday once more, after all he sort of does the reverse version now as a trademark.

let Finn use the Bloody Sunday once more
I'd love to see it, but it won't be the same without the over-the-top Japanese commentary calling the move.

On a side-note, Balor pulling out the Sling Blade and Alex Riley saying he's never seen it before was stupid. I mean, it was JTG's finisher and Alex Riley was on the receiving end of the move, so for him to say he's never even seen it makes him more of a knob.

Almost as bad as Matt Striker continually calling it a "Tanahashi" on Lucha Underground.

Edited by DC

Balor fought again this week (against Curtis Axel) and did the Sling Blade, but it was called correctly this time, so someone got the memo. :lol

It was a really good show this week, with Sami Zayn v Tye Dillinger (kinda), Balor v Axel (good match, brutal finish), Sasha v Charlotte for the title (post-match shenanigans ahoy), Vaudevillains v Blake & Murphy (I genuinely stood up and shouted "YES" at the finish) and a great match between Hideo Itami v Tyler Breeze.

What the results of this week's matches lead to is positively mouth-watering.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just watched this week's show, and it was great as a go home show for next week's 2 hour live special.

This video package in particular...

[video=youtube;XBgbI35memU]

...has now sent my hype levels through the roof for the Zayn/Owens match. I also loved the crowd breaking out into a "better than Raw" chant during Itami vs. Balor. The only thing that didn't quite sit right with me was Baron Corbin's loss to Adrian Neville. Personally, I don't know if I'd have included Corbin in the tournament just yet, I'd have probably kept his program with Dempsey separate to maintain his winning streak, so that way they could actually make a HUGE deal out of his eventual first loss. I think that's my problem with it, considering this is the first time Baron Corbin has been pinned, they didn't seem to make much fuss. Especially when you take into account the way he's been ripping through the rest of his opponents so far.

Other than that it was a great show. Roll on next Wednesday!

I've just watched this week's show, and it was great as a go home show for next week's 2 hour live special.

This video package in particular...

[video=youtube;XBgbI35memU]

...has now sent my hype levels through the roof for the Zayn/Owens match. I also loved the crowd breaking out into a "better than Raw" chant during Itami vs. Balor. The only thing that didn't quite sit right with me was Baron Corbin's loss to Adrian Neville. Personally, I don't know if I'd have included Corbin in the tournament just yet, I'd have probably kept his program with Dempsey separate to maintain his winning streak, so that way they could actually make a HUGE deal out of his eventual first loss. I think that's my problem with it, considering this is the first time Baron Corbin has been pinned, they didn't seem to make much fuss. Especially when you take into account the way he's been ripping through the rest of his opponents so far.

Other than that it was a great show. Roll on next Wednesday!

It was a really good show this week, but I was surprised they didn't have Corbin lose by countout after being rammed into the post. The outcome would have been the exact same (Neville advances to face Balor, Bull costs Corbin a shot at the title and they go on to face each other next week, etc), but it would also have kept Baron unpinned.

Guest Ciaran The King
I liked this weeks show but I just don't feel they pulled the trigger fully with Balor and Hideo, it was good but it could had been awesome

They're obviously holding something back, but that's a good thing. If Hideo and Finn blow their proverbial load in their first match, then where do they go from there? They've got to leave themselves somewhere to go, otherwise their next match just wont be as good.

Guest Ciaran The King
Don't get me wrong I get that they don't wanna give it all away in one match yet it could have been a little more fast paced in places

Why? It's a semi-final tournament match between two guys who are being pitched as knowing each other better than they know themselves. It's gonna be a tentative feeling out process, neither man wanting to leave much of an opportunity for his opponent to capitalise on mistakes.

I thought they worked it pretty damn well to be honest.

Amazing show last night... amaaaaaazing. Best women's match under the WWE umbrella ever? Neville/Balor going above and beyond? Zayn and Owens setting up a rivalry that is gonna rumble on and on and give us more classic matches like last night? Owens established as a bigger killer than anyone since Lesnar? Loved it. LOVED it.

Yep. All of that.

Only slight down points were the botched parts of the tag match and the ending of Corbin/Dempsey.

I'll probably be back to mark out in detail later, I'm gonna give people chance to watch first before I go posting a rundown or anything.

Awesome show.

Well done to all the women (especially Sasha), Owens v Zayn was pretty much perfect, Balor / Neville was great, Hideo / Breeze was a fantastic opener (he MUST get to hit the GTS over 'Mania weekend) and I was glad to see Murphy & Blake have (more or less) a double-team finish and that must surely be the end of the Corbin / Dempsey rivalry.

At one point, when Zayn kicked out of the first set of double powerbombs (with the perfect roll), I thought Owens was going to tease the Package Piledriver or go to the Steenalizer (or would that be Owenalizer now?)...