Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE NXT

DC

I'm not usually a fan of womens wrestling but that last night was brilliant. The whole show was good but that womens match stood out as being particularly impressive.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From WWE.COM (following an announcement from Takeover).

The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic will feature the best of NXT’s past, present and future, duking it out for tag team supremacy, with the finals taking place at the next NXT TakeOver, live on WWE Network on Wednesday, Oct. 7.

Essentially, it's a modern-day version of The Crockett Cup and the "past, present and future" aspect is interesting.

I guess so; although they've always used the term in relation to the new guys being "the future" and as much as I loved The Dudleys, at this stage in their career, they're not the future of anything.

• 1 month later...

Anyone watch NXT Takeover: Respect?

Great stuff again. I thought Asuka came off really well for her debut match, it was good to see the footage from Japan too. With Nia Jax debuting soon, the division seems to be really gaining momentum.

The hype video for Baley/Sasha was on another level also:

The entire show was great. Tag-team matches that were proper, old-school tag-team matches, great action, a hot crowd, a killer main-event and some top-level heeling from Sasha all added up to another win for NXT.

Trips has come to some kind of feeder-promotion deal with Evolve, which means contracted WWE performers could appear on Evolve shows.

Sami Zayn is going to be at one of their shows (in a non-wrestling capacity).

Blue Pants is apparently likely done with NXT (or at least will be in the bad books). Word is she's got drunk after an event and made a scene and has been sat backstage on her phone instead of following events.

If you haven't, you really should watch last week's episode.

Emma v Shazza was a good showcase for EvilEmma, Jordan & Gable v Ciampa / Gargano was an amazingly good tag-team match (especially as it was face v face and didn't once have anyone play the heel) and Joe v Breeze was a great send-off for the model.

As an aside, at a recent live event, they had a Halloween Rumble, where the wrestlers were in costume and the highlight was Chad Gable dressing as a banana, laying on his back and watching all the other wrestlers slip on him (very Chikara-esque).

Also, Finn Bálor's dream came true as he was interviewed by the winner of the Rumble; Lego Man (portrayed by Bayley).

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSo3hF3WoAAGbKE.jpg