Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE NXT

DC

As much as I love Alexa and her "Glitter, Glitz, Sparkle, Bliss" music, that match with Carmella was atrocious. I'm not even blaming Carmella, it really seems like Alexa has gone backwards in terms of in-ring performance and from the looks of it it's a lack of confidence.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigmatt

News:

• Kevin Owens has had minor knee surgery. He'll be out of action for four to six weeks. Most of that time is covered by TV that has already been taped but he will miss the NXT show that happens over Wrestlemania weekend.
  • Ring of Honour's Jimmy Jacobs has signed a contract to be a writer for NXT.
  • There is an NXT offer on the table for the Briscoes and if they sign it they are expected to be at NXT by "mid-summer"
  • Uhaa Nation has signed (this is old news) but should check-in soon.

www.wrestlingobserver.com

A decent show this week, although the "having to walk to the end of the stage and descend the steps" made it seem a lot more low-budget-indy than WWE development.

Kevin Owens talking smack in the main event was golden though.

I don't know if they'll have him drop it to anyone but Sami Zayn.

Due to the taping schedule (the show on Friday is live and they could come up with a way to minimise any impact to Owens*), they could have four weeks' worth of shows in the can with Kevin Owens just talking / being a pain in the arse to people while he heals.

* Even just have him boot Balor in the balls right at the start of the match to get DQ'd. As much as that would suck, it would keep him as the top dickhead heel and be the perfect "f*ck you" to the fans (in a proper heel way), especially if it came immediately after another amazing CosplayBalor entrance.

Guest Edgehead
I've only been watching NXT for a month but Kevin Owens is definitely my favourite, I hope he has a decent run as champ & I hope Sasha Banks has a decent run with the womens belt.

I thought this week's show was cool. I especially liked how over guys like Enzo and Cass were, considering they weren't in front of their usual crowd. And the promo they cut was great too. That little trio of Enzo, Cass, and Carmella could be great on the main shows.

I really enjoyed the NXT title match with Balor and Owens. Another highlight was the way they ran down the Wrestlemania card and pointed out the NXT alumni that are on the show. It reaffirms the importance of NXT as a whole.

Only Sting v Triple H doesn't have a former NXT roster member in the match (and even then, you can still link NXT due to Triple H's connection to it).

Balor v Owens was fantastic and KO's trash-talking was immense (as was Sasha's, for the record).

Guest pheadley

jim ross was seated ringside at a nxt live event. the crowd chanted holy shxt and triple h tweeted I hear you loud and clear

CBKQO2FUIAAxI4w.jpg

Guest Jack Collision

It was at last night's San Jose show. I don't recall Hunter saying "I hear you loud and clear" as he introduced JR - he instead went on to say Vince McMahon was watching backstage with Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall, but JR did take his round of applause from the crowd. I wouldn't read too much into it; it was inevitable he'd come back for some network-based stuff.

The show was pretty fun, too. The crowd was great and, as a result of some major life botchery gone right on my part, I stumbled into a hotel car park by sheer accident and met this guy...

11100090_1377334352592548_881635071548778560_n.jpg?oh=a9db621d4706c1d0a22e0a5007e0bef4&oe=55B2399E

(Excuse that weird, smile-like thing on my face.)