Fan Clubs | beta

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens confirmed for 2015 as Disney buys Lucasfilm

Guest ScottyB

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much like everyone else, this could be good or bad. They could ignore the numbering and set them in between 3 and 4, or they could go down a whole different route and explore other characters or periods in the Star Wars universe.

Don't get why people are fearful of what Disney will do with the franchise.

We didn't get Goofy showing up in Asgard and i sure as hell can't remember Mickey Mouse trying to calm The Hulk down in The Avengers.

'Star Wars Episode 7' confirmed for 2015 as Disney buys Lucasfilm

Precisely, Star Wars is hardly The Terminator crossed with Pulp Fiction is it? It's a full-blown children's fairy tale with big-budget CGI and racially stereotypical characters.

It's right up Disney's street.

Cheers!

Guest The Beltster
Why all the Disney hate? They have done great with Marvel and the Pirates of the Caribbean films were great. They have also got the Indiana Jones rights.

The Clone Wars doesn't really count and it only kicked off the five seasons of Clone Wars, so that's pretty covered.

So you've got before Episode I, maybe between III and IV which has been covered too in video games and after Episode VI. The Star Wars universe is f**king huge, I've spent weeks on Wookiepedia learning new stuff, they've got plenty of Lucas/non-Lucas material to choose from....

But let's forget what I just said as Lucas always had plans for a sequel trilogy regardless of what's happened after VI (Darth Sidious coming back as a clone, Luke's kids, Solos kids, Chewies death etc.) and it's said that he'll have creative input for VII-IX with an original story.

I'm still pumped though....IT'S A TRAP or it's not a trap at all, time will tell.

Just a question here, anyone watch Clone Wars?

Can anyone explain, and something I've always wondered, why do they publish the films backwards?
I know some of you geeks will know this, but the Star Wars story... is it, like, already published in books and available to read now?

I know that "Star Wars" is nine books/films/chapters etc... but what I've never known (or care to know to be fair) is whether those 9 books are already published and freely available to read now? Also, what came first - Star Wars books or film?

From my understanding George Lucas wrote 9 films but could only get the funding for 4, 5 and 6. When they became mega-big he then later made 1, 2 and 3. And now it looks like 7, 8 and 9 are going to be made. But what about the books?

Cheers!

George Lucas has stated, although you have to remember he's changed his mind and altered his story numerous times, that it was always meant to be nine films (Mark Hamill also states that he had a conversation with Lucas on the set of Star Wars where nine films were mentioned) and when asked why he was filming the fourth film first, he said that it was because it was the most commercially viable of the series, thus the best chance to make money and allow him the freedom to do the other films.

Of course, as I said above, Lucas' story changes so much, I'd wager even he doesn't really know any more.

• 4 months later...

Yeah just about everyone from the original trilogy have said yes but there hasn't been any confirmation. Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid, Billy Dee Williams have also expressed their interest.

Even Simon Pegg.