Fan Clubs | beta

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens confirmed for 2015 as Disney buys Lucasfilm

Guest ScottyB

Guest John Hancock
Have you, or anyone else, ever watched Red Letter Media's BRUTAL deconstruction of how badly made the prequels were? It's absolutely amazing, and about six hours long, but they dedicate about 20 minutes to pointing out how they completely killed any concept of their being any really over-all mythology or canon to Star Wars, by juxtaposing things said in the originals to things said in the prequels. The whole thing is AMAZING if you've got a day to kill, it's just a complete, unforgiving dismantling of George Lucas as a human being, and the ending almost had me in actual tears about how f*cking important Star Wars was to me when I was a little kid.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got around to watching Red Letter Media's Prequel Review and goddamn was it brutally painful. It actually physically made me hate George Lucas.

I was having a think about my bro JJ Abrams and some of the concepts he's used in his other shows/films and had a thought...

Is it possible that Abrams uses time travel to retcon the prequels?

It would be a way to clean up the clusterf*ck that was George Lucas' vision as well as the post Return of the Jedi canon. I know time travel has become an overused trope over the years but could it breath new life into a galaxy far far away? It wouldn't even have to be the focal point of the plot like with the Trek reboot. Just something minor that rewrites history. Just toss it in the opening crawl.

Also the working title is Star Wars Episode 7: An Ancient Evil. We all know episode 4 is A New Hope so how more fitting is that especially with Max Von Sydow as the villain.

Bravo, JJ. Bravo!

Guest John Hancock
They're really going to have to earn any hype out of me on this one. All good faith has completely evaporated when it comes Star Wars, I'm not giving a shit until the across-the-board five star reviews hit.

Help us, JJ Abrams, you're our only hope.

I'm hoping the plot isn't centered around sith/jedi stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love jedi lore and all that, but there's a rich galaxy full of stories and potential out there besides the old routine. What about the Black Sun organization? I'm pretty sure Shadows of the Empire is still canon. Plus you have all the bounty hunters and tons of other stuff. There's music groups too. What's that industry like? Corrupt like everything else?

I'd love to have a star wars movie based around the black market and space gangsters myself.

Guest Jayfunk

I'm hoping the plot isn't centered around sith/jedi stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love jedi lore and all that, but there's a rich galaxy full of stories and potential out there besides the old routine. What about the Black Sun organization? I'm pretty sure Shadows of the Empire is still canon. Plus you have all the bounty hunters and tons of other stuff. There's music groups too. What's that industry like? Corrupt like everything else?

I'd love to have a star wars movie based around the black market and space gangsters myself.

Mmmm he didn't do a great job with star trek his terrible use of lens flare was awful and god awful plot holes like transporters that can beam people across the galaxy thus ending the need of starfleet anyways enough of jj's terrible star trek films on to jj's star wars films...... For the love of god no lens flare

Hasn't JJ pretty much said that these new films wipe the canon out? Like, the games, the books, everything set after Episode VI is gonna be rewritten by this film?

Mmmm he didn't do a great job with star trek his terrible use of lens flare was awful and god awful plot holes like transporters that can beam people across the galaxy thus ending the need of starfleet anyways enough of jj's terrible star trek films on to jj's star wars films...... For the love of god no lens flare

You do realise EVERY lightsaber is gonna have lens flare coming out the wazoo, right? :lol

Yeah but Shadows is canon canon. The release of that book had massive hype. Toy line everything. It's primarily everything after Jedi that's no longer canon but they said they may take elements from some of the better stories. Clone Wars and Rebels are considered canon still.

Jay, everyone uses lens flare. If you're using that to criticize JJ Abrams, you're a very lame critic. There are better reasons to dislike JJ besides lens flare. The reason you didn't like the Trek Movies is because JJ was never a Trek fan. He loves Star Wars tho. This movie will be amazing and shut up all the doubters and if it doesn't, I'll admit to being wrong but that'll never happen.

Guest Beefhead

'Star Wars Episode 7' confirmed for 2015 as Disney buys Lucasfilm

Disney and jj both have said all six films. The clone wars movie and series, and Rebels are canon. Nothing else. Though they did say some stuff may be borrowed from the EU.

If they go ahead with the Boba Fett spin-off film, then this is the way to go. Show all those shady places from Mos Eisley to the underground scene of Coruscant.

Rumor is we might get a Rouge Squadron movie after the Fett and Solo films. It won't have Wedge, but that's okay, like I said, I'd love some star wars that wasn't centered around the sith/jedi dynamic.

Another thing I was thinking - how weird is it gonna be when the new films start without the 20th Century Fox(or whatever it is now, just fox I guess) logo and theme?

Also, just to show you all how amazing JJ Abrams is, here's a note he left the cast and crew:

Dearest cast and crew -

What an honor it is, to work beside all of you, on Star Wars Ep VII. I can't thank you enough, for all work past and future. Let's take good care of not just ourselves, but each other. Amazing but true: The world awaits this film. Let's give 'em something great.

XO

JJ

cinemablend.com~

Apparently there are other parts of the note talking about the storyline and plot but we're not lucky or privileged enough to see that. Calling it now, this will be the BEST Star Wars movie since Empire.

Rumor is we might get a Rouge Squadron movie after the Fett and Solo films. It won't have Wedge, but that's okay, like I said, I'd love some star wars that wasn't centered around the sith/jedi dynamic.
Gamma Squad had an article on a leaked Hasbro toy-line tie-in release schedule and it makes interesting reading for what is coming -:

2014: Rebels

2015: Episode VII

2016: Boba Fett

2017: Episode VIII

2018: Solo

2019: Episode IX

2020: Red Five