Fan Clubs (beta)

Music Club VIII: Zombie Apocalypse

Shaun2J

Let's wrap Music Club VII first before we get in the Halloween spirits.

This is the Music Club dedicated to the two tracks you would take with you when humanity falls to zombies.

So pick the darkest, sludgiest and moodiest songs you like to f**k up Zombies heads with.

Running Order:

Thursday 31. Oct.

- Shaun2J

Tuesday 5. Nov.

- TheDef (Has to review Laffy and dsrchris)

Sunday 10. Nov.

- ShaolinHandLock

Friday 15. Nov.

- Paul (Has to review Laffy and dsrchris)

Wednesday 20. Nov.

- Maxximus

Monday 25. Nov.

- Laffy

Saturday 30. Nov.

- dsrchris

Edited by Shaun2J

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in if thats ok just sorted out my busted laptop so can post now. Can I go towards the end again please. I have also reviewed and posted in the last music club although don't think everyone is going to like my picks.

Let's get this thing bleeding. Remember to finish off reviewing in MC VII. Participation is still open here.

Thursday 31. Oct.

- Shaun2J

Tuesday 5. Nov.

- TheDef

Sunday 10. Nov.

- ShaolinHandLock

Friday 15. Nov.

- Paul

Wednesday 20. Nov.

- Maxximus

Monday 25. Nov.

- Laffy

Saturday 30. Nov.

- dsrchris

Edited by Shaun2J

OK here it goes.

Queens of the Stone Age - A Song for the Deaf[video=youtube;j9zeb5BfpgE]

Soundgarden - 4th of July

I think I may have posted this before but this is my absolute apocalypse song. Although it's about using LSD and seeing flashing images that resemble the 4th of July celebrations, this song is just crunch Drop C mindf*cking. Also I found a beast of a custom video to fit the theme.

[video=youtube;cy6QcNohf1U]

Edited by Shaun2J

Shaun2j

Queens of the Stone Age - A Song for the Deaf

Ehhhh. Its there. OK in the background, but did nothing for me otherwise Im sorry to say. 4/10

I wasn't paying attention until I realised I was tapping my toes. Loving the feel of this, its heavy without being stereotypically 'raagh'. If you get me. :lol The guitars could get a bit grating towards the 3.15 mark, otherwise pretty damned good. 7/10

Shaun(Of The Dead)2J

QOTSA - A Song for the Deaf

While a brilliant tune in it's own right, I don't know if this is Zombie slaying music. It's a bit too downbeat to smash some skulls or incapacitate some brains to. 8/10 for the song itself, but on 4/10 for it's zombie destruction-ness.

Again a great song in it's own right, but a bit too slow to have in your earpods while swinging through swatches of the undead. I need tempo to maintain my decapitating!! :lol Once more it's an 8/10 song but too slow to rank anything above a 5/10 in my zombie massacre pumping up playlist.

Given the rules and requirements of this iteration I'm going to be judging extra harshly. If I wouldn't listen to it at all during the ZomPoc then the score will reflect that.

Let's get twisted!

MookieBubbaIsABadMuther

Queens of the Stone Age - A Song for the Deaf

I like this song. I like most QOTSA but this wouldn't be anywhere near my berserker playlist while out slaughtering hordes of undead so I'm gonna have to deduct points based on the rules. Normally I'd give this an easy 7/10 but for this round it gets a 3/10 one extra point for the hilarity at the very end of the track. Sorry Mooks. Still love ya buddy.

I love Soundgarden. Chris Cornell is one of my very favorite vocalists of all time. I love this song and the video is really good. It's a nice combo of grunge and sludge while staying true to Soundgarden. They lyrics are great and insightful especially if you're familiar with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. It's a damn good heavy song and might be fine if you're in a sniper's nest when all hell breaks loose. I'm not the sniper type. I'm gonna be on the ground spreading blood and guts everywhere and this song is just too damn slow for what I personally have in mind. As a song this is 8/10 for the ZomPoc it's another 3/10

Sorry again Mooks but I need fast brutality for what I have in mind and that is nothing less than pure unadulterated berserker frenzy. I won't stop until everyone is safe or everything stays dead.

Def, you and Shao are up. Get your picks in. Everyone else let's get these reviews done.

Okay then. First of all, on the zombie theme, is this:

[video=youtube;5angfAAQBys]

And second of all.....the two other songs I had in mind as possible choices aren't on YouTube anymore. So I'm having a very hard time choosing.....I've literally spent the last 2 and a half hours looking for something. :(

So my second pick will have to wait for now.

ShaolinHighFive

YungDro & Hood Killa Presents 28 Days Posse Track

Wow! I didn't expect to like this as much as I did. While it wouldn't be my choice of music to listen to during the ZomPoc, it fits the overall mood. It's dark, dirty and desperate in a way. Like this would be the theme while you were either gearing up for the last battle or running for you life. I can see it working in both scenarios. Not only do I like this, but I like it enough to listen to it again. Like, but not love. 6/10

YungDro & Hood Killa Presents 28 Days Posse Track

Im not a fan of that high speed MC/rap stuff. I like the music and the slower stuff in this track though. Not hugely, but enough so that it wasn't a pain to listen to. Far too long though, I was done by the 5 minute mark. 5/10

My tracks:

Manic Street Preachers 'Mausoleum'

[video=youtube;sf4zsRbiHY4]

Hey, it wouldn't be me without a 90s Uk track. :lol

Secondly

Judy Garland 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'

[video=youtube;XulvnXo6BJk]

The juxtaposition of this song while killing zombies appeals to me. :D