Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Nintendo

Nintendo Wii

Guest TNA TNA TNA

Guest Daredevil
Oh, and Super Mario World > Everything else.

I agree here. Mario just rocks and it still is I hope. That red steel game looks amazing just like the Wii itself.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Formula One, Burnout, Pro Evolution Soccer, Tony Hawk's, Tiger Woods, Buzz, Need for Speed, Sonic etc.

I dare say nothing comes even remotely to touching the brilliance of Streets Of Rage, easily the best game ever made bar none. Pinning hopes on a next gen remake

Okay most of those games (bar F1, too repetative) are good games and I would happily play them...

But Zelda > Streets of Rage in my opinion... although I do to hope they make a remake on the Wii where you can use the controllers as weapons!

Guest Jaycey Baby
Just a thought that popped into my head... What would you folks like to see from a Wii wrestling game - as regards how the controller affects the action?

Well I got mine.

Needless to say my shoulder is going to be killing me in the morning. Wii Tennis is awesome, In fact Wii Sports in general has kept me entertained most of the night, Still yet to even open Red Steel and Zelda, That can wait until tomorrow.

I have no intention of getting one yet, as I'm rather low on funds at the moment. Well, actually I have some crimbo money, but I'm spending most of that on a sweet custom Gibson Flying-V I found. No doubt I'll keep the leftover cash on one side, and put it together with money I get for my 18th, so I can get a Wii and TV to go in my room to play it on.

Quick question, does the size of the TV affect the ease to play using the Wii remote and accessories. For instance is it more difficult to play on a smaller TV, than say a large widescreen?

Well, I ask because I'm not too sure on how it works, do you aim at the actual console, or the TV screen?

Wii Boxing is superb. It actually feels like you're beating someone up. I remember first using Fight Night's twin analogue controls and being mega impressed, well Wii Boxing (and lets face it, is just a souped up tech demo) blows FN's system out of the water.

I'm 100% sure there is going to be alot of boxing games to come. MEGA!

Zelda is charming. A huge amount of time and care has gone into it, and it shows. Fantastic.

No web browser,news or forecast channels yet but there be up soon I hope.

The graphics are really good,Zelda is lovey looking and so is wii sports.

Edited by LUKE

Guest TNA TNA TNA

On Wii sports there are some nifty special effects like natural light effects etc. but thats not enough to base the whole console on, but a clever way to get chavs and kids to get a Wii instead of a 360 because Wii Sports looked a bit next gen.

I almost flung the wiimote twice when playing tennis..........and my arm still huts :(

Guest TNA TNA TNA
Thats what the wrist straps for.:P

thanks god..................well my hands did get really sweaty quite quickly.

i went and tried the wii on my lunch break at work and i snuck back to work like 20minutes late. Its a good console but too expensive for me :help :help :help :help

God damn it! After a lengthy TV ad I suddenly am drawn to this gimmick console. Its now a three way as to which console to get. Hmmmm, I need reasons to get this though.

God damn it! After a lengthy TV ad I suddenly am drawn to this gimmick console. Its now a three way as to which console to get. Hmmmm, I need reasons to get this though.

I've got several games, but have only played Zelda, Monkey Ball and Wii Sports. On the 3 I have played, I've yet to see a loading screen. Sure, I love my 360 but you'd think as powerful as it is, it wouldn't have the loading times that it has. To my knowledge, the Wii doesn't 'do' loading.

The Wii is also very very quiet. The 360 sounds like a 6000 watt hoover, it actually worries me that it'll take off, those fans are spinning so fast.

Red Steel's loading times are noticable but it's usually got some information on the screen while it's loading so it doesn't bother me too much.

Dumb question time: Am I going to have to shell out some more money in order to get online with the Wii and buy some Virtual Console games? I've got a laptop with a broadband modem plugged into the wall - no wireless router but my lappy has wifi. Tried connecting via wifi last night but the Wii wasn't having it. Tried a USB-USB connection between the Wii and PC and still nothing.

I want VC games! Anyone know how? Google's let me down on this occasion and, being over 30, I couldn't make much sense of the Wii manual...