Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Nintendo

Nintendo Wii

Guest TNA TNA TNA

My brother got a Wii on launch day after he pre-ordered one. I've been on it a few times and I must say it's severely unimpressive. Most notably I played the Bowling game on WiiSports, so I swing the Wiimote along and I think to myself "I didn't swing to the left, why's it doing that?" Then the same thing happened again, so I thought to myself, I shall test how accurate this really is. The next time I swang the wiimote an unmistakably vigorous turn as far right as I could. What happened? The bowling ball went dead straight. The same thing happens with the other WiiSports games, they are wholesomely inaccurate and not even worth the bother in my opinion. Tennis was fun but you know what? I'd rather go out and play real tennis, it's a lot more accurate.

I've also played Red Steel. My god, that was awful. Aside from it being harder to control than a drunk Arsenal fan after losing to Ipswich, it was just a poorly made game. The Wiimote is absolutely no good for first person shooters, in theory it sounds great, but in actuality a lightgun is far better.

What the Wii needs to do is successfully recreate on-screen what the gamer is doing. At the moment it can't, I don't care what anybody says, it cant. Until the Wii is capable of immersing people into games that way it has no USP and so there's no real reason why i'd want to play it over my PC or Xbox 360. Or my PS3 when I get one.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother got a Wii on launch day after he pre-ordered one. I've been on it a few times and I must say it's severely unimpressive. Most notably I played the Bowling game on WiiSports, so I swing the Wiimote along and I think to myself "I didn't swing to the left, why's it doing that?" Then the same thing happened again, so I thought to myself, I shall test how accurate this really is. The next time I swang the wiimote an unmistakably vigorous turn as far right as I could. What happened? The bowling ball went dead straight. The same thing happens with the other WiiSports games, they are wholesomely inaccurate and not even worth the bother in my opinion. Tennis was fun but you know what? I'd rather go out and play real tennis, it's a lot more accurate.

I think you've fallen foul of the Wii security system that stops people playing properly on their siblings' consoles for free :P.

"My wrist straps are fine. Over the years I've managed to develop an ability to hold onto my controllers for an extended period of time without them flying out of my hand. My grip works well on plates, glasses and various types of fruit as well.

Chris Brooks, Sittingbourne, UK "

This man.......is a legend.

"I bought a Wii and whilst in use, the strap broke and the controller flew out of my hand and into the face of my wife. Although it came as a shock, she wasn't badly hurt.

Bobbles Clifton, Derby"

Hmmm, the Wii causing domestic violence

Edited by Rog

Guest Christof

The one I like best is:

I got one of the first Wii but after a few minutes playing the strap broke and the controller shot off and hit my partner in the face resulting in two broken teeth. She slipped at the same time falling into the TV set and smashing the screen. The TV was plugged into the surround sound system and consequently pulled it over and smashing into my CD and DVD collection. I advise anyone to be careful of the wii

Jenny Howard, Beijing China

Sounds like pure slapstick!

The one I like best is:

I got one of the first Wii but after a few minutes playing the strap broke and the controller shot off and hit my partner in the face resulting in two broken teeth. She slipped at the same time falling into the TV set and smashing the screen. The TV was plugged into the surround sound system and consequently pulled it over and smashing into my CD and DVD collection. I advise anyone to be careful of the wii

Jenny Howard, Beijing China

Sounds like pure slapstick!

:lol Whoop-whoop-whoop, Watch it chowder-head!!!

Guest TNA TNA TNA

Do you guys know if they will be readly after christmas(about January) just saw the advert for Super Monkey Ball and Zelda

Will the news channel have pictures and videos?

First thing I did when I unpacked my Wiimote was to take the wrist-strap off. I don't need the stupid thing. I've been perfecting my griping skills for 11 years.

With plates, glasses and various types of fruit?

Guest TNA TNA TNA
I played one of the testing units last weekend and the thing nearly flwe out my hand. Your hand gets very sweaty very quickly and you hardly realise that. Some games take into accord the velocity and angle of a swing like wii golf and tennis so therefore you end up with World War2

Guest Anime Otaku
I need help! My Wii mote seems to have disconnected and I cannot find the booklet telling me how to get it back. Can someone please help me! Also it seems that the Wii internet channel is now on. :)

I need help! My Wii mote seems to have disconnected and I cannot find the booklet telling me how to get it back. Can someone please help me! Also it seems that the Wii internet channel is now on. :)

Press the red buttons on your Wii mote and your wii at the same time the it should work.