Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy XII

Guest Bluestiger99

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wolverine
The new battle system is much better than I expected and I'm loving the absence of random battles. Still not a fan of the whole gambit idea, I like to have full control of everyone at all times. The game's quite fun so far though.

I am loving the new combat system. Even the most hardcore fan must be satisfied with the changes, a perfect synthesis of hack and slash with turn based combat. The only problem I have is with the general camera, zooming in and out, swivellling around, giving me a headache. Buts thats the only misgiving I have.

Guest Wolverine
I'm hating the fleeing technique. It just isn't working for me. I've just ran around half the Westersand trying to shake off a huge fireball monster with 38,000 HP to no avail. Luckily, I'd saved just before that area, but still.

Guest Wolverine

I noticed that the T-Rex had over 6,000 HP, which I presumed was far too much for my (at the time) lv. 4 Vaan to handle. I now have six characters at around lv. 15 now, so I could possibly go back and fight it soon, maybe the next time I'm in Rabanastre.

The story's quite good - for the first time ever in a Final Fantasy, I'm unsure as to who will be the main's character's love interest. I'm hoping it's Penelo and not Ashe. The Archadians are too sympathetic for my liking. They aren't quite abusing their power enough for me to hate them.

I noticed that the T-Rex had over 6,000 HP, which I presumed was far too much for my (at the time) lv. 4 Vaan to handle. I now have six characters at around lv. 15 now, so I could possibly go back and fight it soon, maybe the next time I'm in Rabanastre.

The story's quite good - for the first time ever in a Final Fantasy, I'm unsure as to who will be the main's character's love interest. I'm hoping it's Penelo and not Ashe. The Archadians are too sympathetic for my liking. They aren't quite abusing their power enough for me to hate them.

Don't the T-rex did 999 damage to me.

Maybe there won't be a love interest this time, although for a FF game that would not be likely.

I'm not sure if I like the combat system or not. I guess I'll have to play it a bit more, my first impressions of the game seem to be okay, though. Feels a bit like an MMORPG without other players, though.

I'm not sure if I like the combat system or not. I guess I'll have to play it a bit more, my first impressions of the game seem to be okay, though. Feels a bit like an MMORPG without other players, though.

Thats how it's meant to feel.

Thats how it's meant to feel.

It's kinda reminds me of the .Hack// games, with the 'offline' MMORPG type setting. I think I am enjoying it a bit more now, though.

Guest Sparrow
I got the game Sunday and am at level 8 training in the desert. So till 10. I love the game myself, the new battle system is awesome, the graphics are wicked and it is a brilliant game! I recommend this game to new final fantasy fans and old.

Guest The Man Beast
Is the game hard, I bought FF 7 On the Ps1 and gave up after a few hours, So is this the kind of game you can pick up and play or is it hard to get into?

I got libra on the license board for each of my party, but I'm not sure how to cast it. I can't find it in any menus, including the gambits menu.