Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  12 members  ·  Free

Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy XII

Guest Bluestiger99

I dunno. FFX is different I accept but still was very enjoyable and had more side quests than any other FF I've ever played.

Well, maybe FF8 had more side quests but still...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has FF12 gone back to the world map style of play? I'm only getting mine in the next few days..didn't want to buy it when it first came out due to the amount of coursework I had due at the time.

FF 10 is not linear.

It is the second best FF game next to FF7,cracking storylines on both.

Sorry but it is and in every way linear, the word linear was invented for this game. I agree it has a good story, but not that good not as good as part 7, 8 or 6 or for that matter 12. I only played it all the way to the end because the story was good.

Arguments over FF can go on forever, believe me.

I mean I'd still say FF7 is possibly one of the best games of all time but I still had much more fun with FF8.

I didn't particulary like FF9 but I know loads who consider it miles better than the last two.

I also think FFX-2 is a bit underrated. If they had incorporated more playable characters into it, I think it would have been 10 times better.

Guest Wolverine

IX should get more love. 'Tis my favourite FF game (admittedly, my PlayStation died before I completed VII or started VIII). Anyone who doesn't love Steiner has no soul.

X is infinitely more linear than XII, incidentally.

See page, I think it was 2 for the answer to that. Edit sorry it was the other FF thread. The answer is no because I refuse to pay to play unless they use a points system. (I don't believe in owning a Credit card.)

I wouldn't recommend it King. That's all I'll say on the matter. You can research it's popularity if you wish but I doubt you'll find many people saying it was a success story from Square-Enix.

Guest Bluestiger99
I just killed the Elder Wyrm. I rule. :tban

Hate to steal your Thunder there bud, but I've killed Yizamat, as well as Hell Wyrm.

Got the game finally on Tuesday. I have to say it took a while to get used to; I've restarted and everything just of how poor I thought my party was.

A few nice touches all the same, the game looks massive and even though Vaan is definitely a contender for worst lead character EVER, the others make up for it.

I refuse to even put Vaan in my party any more.

:lol He get's worse you mean?:eek

He makes guys like Tidus & Squall look a million quid anyway.

Guest Wolverine

Eh? Vaan is much less annoying than Tidus. Although it would be extremely difficult for anyone to be more annoying than Tidus. Vaan's not even the most annoying character in the FFXII party (that honour clearly goes to the lovely Ashe. Bitch.) He's also the most normal out of all the FF lead characters, which can only be a good thing.

Have to say though, Balthier is a legend.