Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest SuperKick Kid

You know, just thinking.

Other than the usual Kennedy and Carlito. Jeff really doesn't have any major opponents in the midcard of Raw.

I think ECW has a plethora of talent in Punk, Morrison, and Burke that could really help spice up the division.

Just think of the Nitro/Jeff feud, that really helped the I-C Division regain some ground.

I think have Punk and Burke in there, along with bringing Nitro back as Morrison would do even more wonders for the division.

Would be the like the days of HBK and Razor in the I-C division.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SuperKick Kid
Err...you are joking right?

Not sure what you mean here?

Are you saying that HBK/Razor I-C Division was bad or that it was so good, it can't possibly be that good again?

Guest The Great Ahmar

Was does TWC fight even bother airing anymore? I was going through their schedule earlier and what a waste of something that could be awesome. I've seen the same NOAH shows over and over again, the supercard shows are the same as what we've seen before. I mean look at the kind of shows they could have if they bother to try and get them:

Present and Past NJPW, Present and Past AJPW, Present and Past NOAH, More recent Shoots, Recent ROH, WWC, AAA, CMLL, IWA-MS, Chikara, Dragon Gate, MLW and more plus there MMA stuff.

Not sure what you mean here?

Are you saying that HBK/Razor I-C Division was bad or that it was so good, it can't possibly be that good again?

Comparing Johnny Nitro and Elijah Burke to Razor and Michaels is insane, nobody has even the slightest clue who they are, and for good reason. It's like comparing gold with piss.

People still remember Razor and Shawns matches, there is not a chance in hell any match involving those two will be remembered in 10 years time, I'm having a hard time remembering anything they have done myself.

Guest Da Showstoppa

But I think a huge part of the problem is that the IC belt isn't capable of elevating a superstar anymore, the damage done to it is too severe. When was the last time the IC belt was even defended on a PPV, much less featured?

In the "Heyday" the IC belt used to count for so much, you almost always knew it meant the Champion was a star of the future - look what it did for Warrior, Savage, Piper, Hart, Bulldog, HBK, Austin, Rock etc.

I bet half of the casual fans couldn't even tell you who the IC champ is at the moment - and that's a shocking refection on the prestige of the title.

It's Jeff Hardy BTW.

'WWE' or 'the WWE'? I've found myself calling it 'the WWE' on occasion when strictly speaking it should be 'WWE' because it isn't 'the World Wrestling Entertainment'. If it was still called WWF then you should call it 'the WWF' because it'd be 'the World Wrestling Federation'. Bret always called WCW 'the WCW' too, the crazy fool.

Move it along folks, nothing to see here.

Guest John Hancock
I say "TNA", "ECW" and "WCW", but "the WWE". It's think it's from years of saying "the WWF" which was correst as it was The World Wrestling Federation.

Guest Slim Jim

I think it can be either or either.

While it is technically just WWE, it can be referred to as "the WWE" because there is only one.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Was does TWC fight even bother airing anymore? I was going through their schedule earlier and what a waste of something that could be awesome. I've seen the same NOAH shows over and over again, the supercard shows are the same as what we've seen before. I mean look at the kind of shows they could have if they bother to try and get them:

Present and Past NJPW, Present and Past AJPW, Present and Past NOAH, More recent Shoots, Recent ROH, WWC, AAA, CMLL, IWA-MS, Chikara, Dragon Gate, MLW and more plus there MMA stuff.

Whenever I tune in to the channel it's usually world of sport matches which do my head in,I wish they showed more ROH,Memphis and Japanese women's wrestling/New Japan because I've enjoyed what I have seen in the past.

Guest John Hancock
Whenever I tune in to the channel it's usually world of sport matches which do my head in,I wish they showed more ROH,Memphis and Japanese women's wrestling/New Japan because I've enjoyed what I have seen in the past.

I'd like a bit of Gorilla Pro aswell. Seriously, how expensive can indie stuff be? Gorilla Pro, CZW, NOAH, OVW, EWA, APW, UPW, SHIMMER, Jersey All Pro...

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I'm surprised Setanta Sports have not snapped up the rights to some quality Japanese/American indie stuff because then they could compete more effectively with Sky Sports.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Indie stuff competing with WWE? If it doesn't work in the US, where the market is biggest, why would it work elsewhere?

I just mean in terms of Setanta having their own wrestling stuff so people can't say " Well they're good but they don't have this "

Guest Da Showstoppa
I'm surprised Setanta Sports have not snapped up the rights to some quality Japanese/American indie stuff because then they could compete more effectively with Sky Sports.

Eurosport has the Japanese wrestling - and TNA Impact. Bravo has the TNA main coverage. Setanta is supposed to be mainly football and rugby etc.

I'd like to see someone take a punt on ROH though, the matches I've seen on youtube look intriguing.