Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

What's up with Rikishi acting like he's the rock on Impact last Thursday? It wouldn't have been so bad had he not constantly fluffed his lines throughout the whole interview.

"Do you smell something? Smells like......next week."

What the hell is that even supposed to mean???:wallbash:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listening to last nights Wrestling Observer Live. Straight off the bat, Meltzer is so much better as the "color" guy than he is at the helm of a radio show. I think Alvarez is funnier, but also has a better style of main anchor than Meltz does. He asks the right questions and knows how to get the best info out of Meltz.

So far, Meltzer is talking about how much of a disaster the San Fransisco wrestling convention is.

I have just seen the greatest thing ever, I recently obtained a copy of ONE Night Stand, recorded from the PPV. Dispite owning the dvd released by WWE I wanted to see Sandmans Entrance the way it was. Can I just say it is the greatest thing ever. I had goosebumps and the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end. The fans singing and Joey's comments were brilliant. Just made me realise what WWE had lost replacing the original music and dubbing the crowd and the commentators. Idiots. is all I can say this is the greatest thing ever.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Apparently Metalica charge between 25 to 30 grand for the rights to use 'Enter Sandman'. Vince was going to pay until they heard it was McMahon and knew he had loads of mon-ay so they upped their price to 3 Million, Vince told them to go f*ck off. So Sandman says at least.

Apparently Metalica charge between 25 to 30 grand for the rights to use 'Enter Sandman'. Vince was going to pay until they heard it was McMahon and knew he had loads of mon-ay so they upped their price to 3 Million, Vince told them to go f*ck off. So Sandman says at least.

And that it absolute bullshit! It's not about the money. WCW used Metallica, hell, even the real ECW used it on PPV. Vince didn't wan't him to get over, that's all.

Think about what you are saying?

He already had used the song on a WWE PPV, Vince already had the rights.

Guest The Great Ahmar
And that it absolute bullshit! It's not about the money. WCW used Metallica, hell, even the real ECW used it on PPV. Vince didn't wan't him to get over, that's all.

I'm just saying what Sandman said on his new shoot.

Metallica have fallen so damn far. Not only does their music now lack "umf" and passion, but they were one of the few bands to adopt the Grateful Dead's tape trading policy earlier in their career. Where so long as it was trade for love of the music, and not selling for money it was cool. The Dead even altered the policy so that their record company couldn't sue anyone downloading the Dead online...

Guest The Great Ahmar
Completed the Rey Mysetrio DVD today, it totals up to about 9 hours but it's totally awesome. Not a single bad match on the whole DVD a must buy for sure.

WCW may not have been asked for as much. ECW were known for not giving a toss about music copyright. Oh, and Vince used it on a live PPV, you will notice that on the DVDs its a different track. Guess why.....it would have cost more!

But its nice you know everything in the world ever. :roll

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I was watching One Night Stand 2006 earlier,specifically JBL's promo rant mid-way through and can't help laughing seeing the guy in the Rey Mysterio mask,at first you think it is him LOL

Guest The Great Ahmar

Why I need to read the Chris Jericho book:

"A few days later when Art (Barr) came up to my room to tell me how awesome Piper thought he (not both of us) had done in the movie, I couldn't figure why he'd brought a little kid with him.

Art made me uncomfortable as he swore and talked his typical **** in front of this child, who couldn't have been more than 10 years old. The kid looked like Chicken Little, and five feet tall and weighing no more than 130 poinds, standing silent with a big perma-smile on his face. I almost had a heart attack when Art pulled out a joint and asked me for a light.

"What are you doing, man? Not in front of the kid! Why are you hanging out with him in the first place?"

Art laughed and explained that the kid was actually eighteen years old and was a wrestler. I looked at his scrawny build and thought, "Bless his tiny heart...he doesn't stand a chance."

I asked to see some ID and when he showed it to me, he said in perfect English, "I'm a fan of your work and I'm looking forward to wrestling you someday."

I nodded and thought that the kid would be lucky to carry my ring jacket, let alone work with me. But I ended up working with him dozens of times when he became Rey Mysterio Jr., the greatest high-flyer of all time."

I highly doubt ECW paid for the right to use the songs on PPV, just like ROH won't do. If they did, they would be out of business, considering every wrestler on the roster uses a 'proper' song as an entrance. $40k per song would wipe them out in no time.

WCW probably did pay for the right, yes, but they also lost tens of millions of dollars a year, so it's hardly relevant.

Surely you're not criticinsg McMahon for being a good businessman, are you?

Guest SuperKick Kid

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/will94/donwest.gif

:lol

If someone can get me a gif of Tenay and West doing the High Five and Fist Pump, I'd greatly appreciate it.