Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

What are you reading?

Guest Anime Otaku

Guest Anime Otaku

Since we have a thread for music I though I'd start one to see what books people here are currently reading.

In my case I'm almost finished 'The Zombie survival guide' by Max Brooks which is a good, fun if rather morbid read written like the Worst Case Scenario books or a survival guide but for dealing with Zombie hordes with details of how they operate, strengths and weaknesses and how best to destroy zombies that attack you with minimal risk in various environments. I am also currently re-reading the Sin City graphic novels, I've already read 'The hard goodbye' and 'A Dame to kill for' and just started 'The big fat kill' when I got the Zombie survival guide.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku

Battle Royale is one of my all time favourite books, must read it again as I haven't in a while, don't think I've read it or watched the movie this year actually. You need to be in a certain frame of mind to enjoy them though as they are rather grim, especially the book. I wish they'd put the Chigusa v Niida fight from the book in the movie rather than the, comparatively, tame version that is in the movie.

That Mage Reborn sounds pretty good too Ray.

Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer

Thank God youve covered your face :lol :P

I have read Bruces Lee's Autobiography a few times its really good actually. Thats about as far as it goes though.

Edited by The Genetic Jackhammer

That Mage Reborn sounds pretty good too Ray.

Aye, it should be. I know Steve (the author) personally and in terms of his work. He's a very good storyteller, and writes a decent prose all around. I probably won't get around to reading it for a while yet though, what with college.

I got bored very quickly reading the Zombie Survival Guide. Didn't make it beyond the first chapter.

Currently reading William Regal's book. When i get going with it, i can't put it down. Very absorbing.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Electrical Installations NVQ and Technical Certificate Book 1. Highly recommended if your interested in becoming an Electrician. Did you know that even if we removed all resistors from the circuit, we would still have some resistance caused by the actual conductors such as the connecting wires.

Just recently finished reading 'Easy Riders, Raging Bulls' and it is the best book about film I have ever read and I've read a lot of them. So good, I had to go out and buy the documentary on DVD. If you're a fan of what is probably the best period in Hollywood cinema, 1967 or so until 1980 or film in general or just want a lot of juicy sleaze about the maniacs involved in film at this time then buy this book yesterday. You will never look at Dennis Hopper the same way again, I knew the guy was a little cuckoo back in the day but...damn.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
Which one, Bruce Lee's had a few autobiographies

Bruce Lee - Fighting Spirit - picked it up in Easons for a fiver.

Guest Al Stevens
This thread isn't a book :p

:lol i know but i thought i would be the one to say that instead of somebody else.

I'm half way threw re-reading Rainbow six by tom Clancy. The next book i am going to get myself is Triple H's book.