Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

What are you reading?

Guest Anime Otaku

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case ignore my earlier recommendations of Battle Royale, One flew over the Cuckoo's nest, A brave new world and Lord of the Flies.

Read about 75% of Lord of the Flies, just thought it was a load of tosh :)

I think it's definately a boys book. I sound like a real literature hater, but I do like some classic books. I really enjoyed Hard Times (Dickens) and North and South (Gaskell), especially the second because I hated the female lead, yet found the leading man brooding and sexy. Best bit of my literature course was possibly reading "The Great Gatsby". Now that is a brilliant work, chintzy and just wow. I loved it.

Just finished Long way round, Dark Rising: The rise of Darth Vader and the Torchwood novel Another life.

Think i'm going to start workng my way through the Star Wars Old Republic novels now.

I liked Another Life and Slow Decay

Buti thought Border Princess was a bit meh really, although it did sort of tell you how Jack came up with the name James Harper in the tv series.

Edited by BRM

Guest Dazoggsta
Hey Nicole, have you read To Kill A Mocking Bird? I read it a couple of weeks ago and it was nothing like I expected it to be. Simple story but beautifully written, centered around childhood. Very nice book.

Hey Nicole, have you read To Kill A Mocking Bird? I read it a couple of weeks ago and it was nothing like I expected it to be. Simple story but beautifully written, centered around childhood. Very nice book.

That's a wonderful book, one of my all time favourites.

Guest alexmoss12
a pound, in the cover it says 16 pounds so a saving is a saving because there is no way i would have paid 16 for it, it is interesting that hogan used to be really fat when he was younger though and how he worked with mike graham and such.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
currently reading the auto-bio of the greatest footballer ever, Diego Maradona

So true.

My mate has his book I might have to get a lend of it from him.