Fan Clubs | beta

SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 - Details On WWE's New Videogame

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Al Stevens
Create a finisher sounds promising so long as it isn't too unbelievable (like powerbombing someone 6 times in a row and then applying a sharpshooter for example)

Thats the thing though MVP if you wanted to do powerbomb someone six times and then applying the sharpshoot then you can create it. Like wise with creating something as boring as say a sit out face-buster into a figure four armbar:good222:

Guest Al Stevens
Thats why this year i shale be going to a video rental store (oh sorry i wont mention any names because they don't pay me sponsorship ;)) and then renting it out before i splash out £40 on it, because this year i have far better things to be spending my money on.

Guest MojoPogo
Thats why this year i shale be going to a video rental store (oh sorry i wont mention any names because they don't pay me sponsorship ;)) and then renting it out before i splash out £40 on it, because this year i have far better things to be spending my money on.

Fruit gums?:lol

Guest Al Stevens
Oh i wish they was my sponsor. And any jokes about them already being my sponsor will result in me E-bitch slapping someone :lol

Guest Dave7g
I'll wait on a review, I can still smell the poop from last years. The tag mode looks way too unnatural, press a button at the right time and a random movie in the opposite corner of the ring begins. It's 2008, those things should have been sorted out in roster update #5.

Guest Black Knight
- In an interview with GamingRing.com, THQ stated that they are doing a number of tweaks and improvements to many of the match types in Smackdown vs Raw 2009 including the Hell in the Cell match. Also, the brand new story mode called "Road to Wrestlemania" will only last 3 months but will have seperate storylines for each wrestler on the game.

Gerweck.net

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
With the computing power of the next gen consoles you'd think that they could make 'Road to Wrestlemania' last more then 3 months with seperate storylines for everyone in the game

Guest MojoPogo
I've bought the last 3 the day they came out. And to be honest, none lived up to what they promised. Im still a bit sceptical about this to be honest.

With the computing power of the next gen consoles you'd think that they could make 'Road to Wrestlemania' last more then 3 months with seperate storylines for everyone in the game
I think that decision was made after all the negative feedback about how long it took to work through the last game's season mode. Dropping it to three months does seem to be a bit far in the other direction though.

TBH, I'll probably be too busy with the Create-a-finisher mode anyway.

My one hope is that they finally sort out the CAW options. I know there is thousands of choices and things can be mixed and matched to create almost anyone, but the way it's always been laid out is a pain when it comes to attire most of the time.

I mean, there is so much from the CAW that must never get used by anyone, so streamline it and make whatever remains simpler to use.

Guest Al Stevens
I've bought the last 3 the day they came out. And to be honest, none lived up to what they promised. Im still a bit sceptical about this to be honest.

Thats why video shops which rent out games is great, you play a game like smackdown and then you make the informed choice

Downloadable content for the PS3 and the put your own music in feature that was absent from last years PS3 version are one of the things that make it a dead cert for me to buy, I'll buy it anyway to be honest, but those make it worth my money.

Ive had every SmackDown game since 2 out on the day of release, strange buying Just Bring It on the day of release as I didnt have my PS2 til the Christmas following lol, and last year I went into Gamestation the day before and my friend sold it me early w00t.

• 2 months later...

The PlayStation Magazine claims that the new match type will be the inferno match.

Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Batista, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, and The Miz are added into the roster.

The usual additions of Batista, HHH and HBK and Rey. Nice that Morrison's in the game as he is now, and suprise addition of The Miz, but then they are focusing a lot on Tag Team Matches this year