Fan Clubs | beta

WWE And THQ Announce WWE Legends Of WrestleMania

Fletch

Guest The Beltster

Yeah honestly, I really cant see them adding Cena, Triple H and so on. They want this to be its own, seperate game with its own identity and see if it sinks or swims on its own merit. SD! vs RAW titles cater to the modern fan and I expect you will see the unlockable legends removed from those titles and replaced with other types of unlockables.

If they put guys like Cena, Batista etc in there I wouldnt buy it. Taker is fine, as long as its oldschool Taker from his debut. HBK is ok too, as long as its Rockers Shawn Michaels. Triple H maybe, but with Chyna and his old theme.

I think the most recent guys in there that would be acceptable would be Austin, Rock, Goldust, God Father and so on, mainstay Attitude guys, but I'm hoping its mainly Hulkamania era guys, Warrior, Honky, DiBiase, Jake.

Edited by The Beltster

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jung
Yeah honestly, I really cant see them adding Cena, Triple H and so on. They want this to be its own, seperate game with its own identity and see if it sinks or swims on its own merit. SD! vs RAW titles cater to the modern fan and I expect you will see the unlockable legends removed from those titles and replaced with other types of unlockables.

If they put guys like Cena, Batista etc in there I wouldnt buy it. Taker is fine, as long as its oldschool Taker from his debut. HBK is ok too, as long as its Rockers Shawn Michaels. Triple H maybe, but with Chyna and his old theme.

I think the most recent guys in there that would be acceptable would be Austin, Rock, Goldust, God Father and so on, mainstay Attitude guys, but I'm hoping its mainly Hulkamania era guys, Warrior, Honky, DiBiase, Jake.

Oh absolutely agree, I'd love it to just be classic guys BUT I have a feeling they'll stick in a couple of modern eyes just to prove a point.

Guest Jimmy Redman
And maybe also for people to be able to play inter-generational matches, say, Cena v Hogan or something like that. I know you can already do that once you unlock Legends on SDvR, but I'm just wondering. Maybe its part of the game/challenges or something. Who knows.

Guest Al Stevens

To be honest the only modern wrestlers at the only ones they should include personally would be the undertaker ( however have it as 1991 or 1998 taker) very earily triple H (either as his first real gimmick or early DX) and HBK (but has the rockers though not the aging gay cowboy that we know now adays)

However i wouldn't mind seeing the whole classic Roster of the 1980's of maybe not only WWF but WCW as well

Guest Al Stevens

I think they will keep SD Vs Raw engine for the characters and the arena's simply because they would be able to basically take the designs they had for (lets say Hogan or Jack the Snake) and work on it like that.

However it would be intresting to see if they actually change the game play feel to it

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Da Showstoppa

I hope there are different costumes for each wrestler like in LOW. For example Macho Man Randy Savage in his WM5 orange trunks, Macho King outfit, 1992 glitz outfit etc.

Also it's be doubly awesome if the old famous arenas are in the game too, like Cesar's Palace, the Skydome and Wembley Stadium.

This could be a really good game. Hopefully they don't just use the SvR 2009 and just change the characters as I would prefer a small modification to the combat/wrestling style, as the 80s/90s etc is a alot different to WWE now.

• 1 month later...
Guest nWoHitman

Legends of WrestleMania

I noticed this game listed on gamefaqs.com and i hope this game gets made because its bound to be better than Acclaim's efforts like with the Showdown game especially if it uses the smackdown graphics and game engine.

All i know so far that its due out around March 2009 when Wrestlemania 25 comes around.

The game will be available on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Jim Ross confirmed via his blog that he will be doing the commentary for this game.

So is anyone else looking forward to this game? and what do you think the roster will be like for this game i would expect Hulk Hogan to be in it but will Warrior and macho man be left out beacuse there on bad terms with WWE right now? what do you think.

Guest gazieb

Would be quite cool like aslong as its not like the legends of wrestling which was out for PS2 as that was crap theres was like 15 moves between 20 wrestlers or something lol.

As for Warrior he could be a possiblilty as WWE realeased his Warrior DVD so the must be on some sort of terms.

Macho man is a deffo no if Vince has any saying in the game. Theres major barneys even if you mention macho man around vince supposibly lol

Guest nWoHitman

Well alot of us having been waiting for a Legends game like this for sometime and it has the potential to be great if done right. However i fear this game may not live upto it's expectations.

The game will probably get rushed as its not out long after SD vs Raw 2009 they won't be any old school commentary on it because jim ross confirmed on his blog that he is doing the commentary for this game.

If its based on Wrestlemania like the title suggests it may only have wrestlemania arenas on it and none of the others.

The roster is bound to disapoint because wrestlers that aint on good terms with WWE like Warrior and Macho Man will be overlooked for this game.

So anyone who thinks this game is truly gonna be great is living in there own fantasy world.

I hope this game proves me wrong but i doubt it will.

Guest The Beltster
Well alot of us having been waiting for a Legends game like this for sometime and it has the potential to be great if done right. However i fear this game may not live upto it's expectations.

The game will probably get rushed as its not out long after SD vs Raw 2009 they won't be any old school commentary on it because jim ross confirmed on his blog that he is doing the commentary for this game.

If its based on Wrestlemania like the title suggests it may only have wrestlemania arenas on it and none of the others.

The roster is bound to disapoint because wrestlers that aint on good terms with WWE like Warrior and Macho Man will be overlooked for this game.

So anyone who thinks this game is truly gonna be great is living in there own fantasy world.

I hope this game proves me wrong but i doubt it will.

I wouldnt be too negative bro, I think it will be good. Its a shame about the commentary, but Monsoon is dead, Heenan would sound awful...Vince and Jesse would have been nice, though. The roster will be fine, Warrior has had a bunch of figures made of him recently, so he should be in there, Savage probably wont, but Hogan, Rude, Piper, Bret, DiBiase, Bulldog, Beefcake, Andre, LOD, Demolition, Tito, Duggan, Rhodes, Flair etc should be there which more than makes up for the absensce of Savage.

Also, I expect to see all the old arenas. SD! vs RAW dont only have SD! and RAW arenas, so I dont think the name will be an issue when it comes to arenas. My only worry is that it will just be exactly the same looking at SD! vs RAW games with the same animations and moves.

Still, I'd take that over nothing, as long as all the legends have their correct music and moves, I'm happy.

Guest nWoHitman
There is bound to be problems with the music because there is on the DVD's take Demolition for example on the UK tagged classic DVD's it's there and fine but i've noticed it's not on other DVD's which are made in America so with the games being made elsewhere theres bound to be issues with it.

Guest Black Knight

These are the superstars that will be in the game:

Originally Posted by People signed to WWE Legends Contracts

Abdullah the Butcher

Afa

Al Snow

Andre the Giant

Andy Kaufman

Animal

Arn Anderson

Ax

B. Brian Blair

Bad News Brown

Bam Bam Bigelow

Barbarian

Barry Windham

Bastion Booger

Berzerker

Big Boss Man

Big John Studd

Billy Graham

Billy Kidman

Bob Backlund

Bob Orton Jr.

Bobby Eaton

Bobby Heenan

Bret Hart

Brian Knobbs

Brian Pillman

British Bulldog

Brooklyn Brawler

Brother Love

Bruiser Brody

Bruno Sammartino

Brutus Beefcake

Buddy Roberts

Buff Bagwell

Butch

Danny Davis

Dean Malenko

Diamond Dallas Page

Doink the Clown

Don Muraco

Droz

Dusty Rhodes

Dynamite Kid

Earthquake

Eddie Guerrero

Ernie Ladd

Fabulous Moolah

Freddie Blassie

Gene Okerlund

George Steele

Gerry Brisco

Giant Gonzalez

Goldberg

Gorilla Monsoon

Greg Valentine

Harley Race

Harvey Whippleman

Hawk

Hillbilly Jim

Honky Tonk Man

I.R.S.

Iron Sheik

Ivan Putski

Jack Brisco

Jake Roberts

Jay Strongbow

Jerry Sags

Jesse Ventura

Jim Brunzell

Jim Neidhart

Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Snuka

Jimmy Valiant

Johnny Rodz

Junkyard Dog

Kamala

Ken Patera

Ken Shamrock

Kevin Nash

Killer Kowalski

King Kong Bundy

Koko B. Ware

Lance Storm

Lanny Poffo

Lex Luger

Lita

Lou Albano

Luke

Luna Vachon

Mae Young

Marty Jannetty

Michael Hayes

Mick Foley

Mr. Perfect

Nikolai Volkoff

One Man Gang

Papa Shango

Paul Bearer

Paul Orndorff

Ric Flair

Rick Martel

Rick Rude

Rick Steiner

Rikishi

Rob Van Dam

Rocky Johnson

Roddy Piper

Ron Bass

Sabu

Sandman

Scott Hall

Sgt. Slaughter

Sherri Martel

Sid Vicious

Sika

Smash

Spike Dudley

Stan Lane

Steve Austin

Steve Blackman

Sunny

Tank Abbott

Ted DiBiase

Terry Funk

Terry Gordy

The Mountie

The Rock

Tito Santana

Tony Atlas

Trish Stratus

Tully Blanchard

Typhoon

Vader

Virgil

Warlord

X-Pac

Yokozuna

Zeus

SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS:

Hulk Hogan (on-again-off-again relationship)

Ultimate Warrior (action figures only

These are the superstars that will be in the game:
Where did you find out that these people will be in the game? Or did you just list every person who has a Legends figure?

There is no way they would have a roster that big (not to mention that only around half of those listed wrestled at Wrestlemania).