Fan Clubs | beta

WWE And THQ Announce WWE Legends Of WrestleMania

Fletch

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
I expect we will get some of those dodgy re-make themes like they gave Rude, Bulldog and others in the past SDvsRAW games. Hopefully we can upload our own to the HD and put them over the top, you cant have a legends game without that high pitched Rougeau Brothers theme!

I expect we will get some of those dodgy re-make themes like they gave Rude, Bulldog and others in the past SDvsRAW games. Hopefully we can upload our own to the HD and put them over the top, you cant have a legends game without that high pitched Rougeau Brothers theme!

The All-American boys one? That was a tune and a half.

Man that sounds even better than I remembered, and it was already a wonderful memory.

Not to sound like an old fart, but they don't make 'em like they used to.

Guest The Beltster

Thats the one, its awesome!

"We dont like heavy metal, we dont like rock and roll, all we like to listen to is Barry Manilow"

Jimmy Hart wrote the best wrestling themes ever.

Man, this Honky theme was so annoying, I remember him debuting it at WMVI in Toronto, and the Bushwhackers coming out and stomping the instruments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAbREtpXQ_E&feature=related

• 1 month later...

IMDB.com is much like Wiki. If you have an account, you can edit stuff. The roster is nowhere near being announced yet, and anyone who says otherwise like that site clearly knows nothing about the secrecy within THQ game builds.

THQ showed off a polished and finished Smackdown vs RAW 2009 at E3, but the build specificially only had Exhibition and Create Mode on show, the others were Question Marks, and only announced matches and wrestlers were available, IE. One on One, tag and Inferno.

• 2 weeks later...

The official site is up and has some new content (including the awesome trailer).

Here is the cover for the game...

http://i37.tinypic.com/zl5efl.jpg

And here are some screenshots.

http://i37.tinypic.com/21nh8ib.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/1rp7rl.jpg http://i36.tinypic.com/x3amc9.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2rgibva.jpg http://i37.tinypic.com/15hbuvk.jpg

And here is the list of features taken from the website.

The leading sports entertainment videogame experience embraces its colourful roots to deliver the definitive elements of WWE from the Eighties and Nineties. Featuring an impressive lineup of Legendary Superstars and Managers, a new combo fighting system, an authentic presentation and more, WWE Legends of WrestleMania enables gamers of yesterday and today to compete in classic feuds, create history of their own and secure a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame. It's time to relive, rewrite or redefine the greatest moments in WWE history!

• DISTINGUISHED ROSTER AND MANAGERS - Relive the entertaining lives of more than 40 larger-than-life WWE Legends. Legendary Managers will also have extensive functionality, playing important roles in match outcomes.
  • ABSOLUTE REALISM - Embrace a historically accurate representation of WWE telecasts from the Eighties and Nineties, including dynamic visual treatments, signature ring entrances, renowned commentators, notable venues and much more.
  • COMBO FIGHTING SYSTEM - Explore a new, grapple-based fighting system that captures the high-energy action and drama seen in historic WWE matches. Players will have each Legend's arsenal of grapple moves, strike attacks, reversals and taunts at their disposal throughout a variety of current and nostalgic match types.
  • WRESTLEMANIA TOUR MODE - Participate in key matches from multiple WrestleMania events. Vintage WWE footage will set up matches, explain feuds and detail the rivalries behind them, situating players in the heart of each contest.
  • CREATE-A-LEGEND - Create the Legends of tomorrow, complete with customizable costumes, entrances, move sets and more.
  • ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY - Challenge players around the world to matches on the biggest stages in WWE history.

Guest The Beltster
I wonder if they will get the Warrior in there, you cant have a game where you recreate old WM main events without WMVI. Shame Savage wont be, WMV deserves its credit as the biggest selling WWF PPV ever until XIV.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nemesis Enforcer

According to Wrestling Observer, Vince has ordered Randy Savage and Mick Foley amonst a few other unnamed people to be pulled from this game

THQ are dissapointed about Savage as they saw him as a big selling point and are angry about Foley because they had already created him

Guest The Beltster

Somebody who interviews Vince in future need to ask what the f*ck his problem is with Savage, I mean its really pathetic.

Now we lose the main event of WMV in the game, half of the main even in WMVIII and a huge WWF 80's megastar.

Its a joke.

According to Wrestling Observer, Vince has ordered Randy Savage and Mick Foley amonst a few other unnamed people to be pulled from this game

THQ are dissapointed about Savage as they saw him as a big selling point and are angry about Foley because they had already created him

You'd think Vince/WWE would have been given a list of people who were not to be included before they started developing the game.

Foley I can understand, as he has just left the company and Vince probably feels bitter about it, but Savage deserves to be included due to his matches at Wrestlemania III, WM IV (which is basically the Randy Savage Show), WM V, WMV and WMVIII.

Somebody who interviews Vince in future need to ask what the f*ck his problem is with Savage, I mean its really pathetic.

Now we lose the main event of WMV in the game, half of the main even in WMVIII and a huge WWF 80's megastar.

Its a joke.

I agree, whatever the problem's Vince has with Savage he should just get over them. Not saying what his problem is makes it even worse, and it really is pathetic that Vince cannot allow Savage to be in the game.:)