Fan Clubs | beta

Covers That Were Better Than The Original Version (Music)

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Bullet For My Valentine-No Easy Way Out

The original was made for Rocky 4. Sounds so much better with a metal edge and Matt Tuck on vocals.

Aiden-Cry Little Sister

I'm actually scared to say it's better than the original, I think on a par at least, but that's mainly cause the original was so god damn amazing, not to do with how good Aidens version is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I agree with the choice of the Deftones cover of 'Simple Man' but then again it is my favourite Skynard song so I'm probably being biased again. Music to drink Moonshine, light something on fire and raise hell to.

What do you think of the Shinedown version? For me it's amazing, the raw emotion and powerful simplicity is astounding. You may be interested to know that they were allowed to cover it because the guitarist at the time, Jasin Todd, was married to Melody Van Zant, Ronnie's daughter.

I also think Shinedown's cover of One (originally by U2, of course) is top notch, and Live do a really good version of I Walk The Line. In particular I like the arrangement in the beginning.

Guest devilsplaygirl

Johnny Cash "Hurt"....love this song

U2/Mary J Blige with 'One' isnt that bad either

cant remember who done it, but have also heard a good cover of 'Jolene'

as for awful ones.....too many to mention

Guest Shane O Mac
I also think Shinedown's cover of One (originally by U2, of course) is top notch

First time I've heard Shinedowns version...love it! Thanks for posting it :xyx

Johnny Cash "Hurt"....love this song

U2/Mary J Blige with 'One' isnt that bad either

cant remember who done it, but have also heard a good cover of 'Jolene'

as for awful ones.....too many to mention

Hurt is amazing, that would be my pick, also love Where Did You Sleep Last Night by Nirvana.

the Jolene cover.. I've heard it done by White Stripes, not sure if its the same one you're thinking of though?

Guest devilsplaygirl
Hurt is amazing, that would be my pick, also love Where Did You Sleep Last Night by Nirvana.

the Jolene cover.. I've heard it done by White Stripes, not sure if its the same one you're thinking of though?

i meant the Mindy Smith version...not heard the White Stripes one yet

Lifehouse's version of Everybody's Changing was way better than Keane's in my opinion.

Also, I kind of prefer the HIM version of Chris Isaacs' Wicked Game just because it's a rock version.

Guest Popsi

Nirvana's version of Where did you sleep last night is absolutely superb.

Check out Chris Cornell's acoustic cover of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. It's immense, such a brilliant version of the song and works so much better for me!