Fan Clubs | beta

Doctor Who 2010

BRM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyhoo!

I agree with the post prior to Jay's drunken ramblings and DS's attempts to translate, I'm not really looking forward to this doctor, seen the picture, instant dislike, looks like one of those Oxford or Cambridge likes who you want to smack just for looking down on you in that snooty-arsed way!

Didn't like the first doctor (of the new series) either.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I enjoyed him, but I tend to like Eccleston in most things. I thought his Doctor made perfect sense as the almost shell shocked and callous survivor of the Time War, it set a nice way for Tennants Doctor to continue the recovery process (anger, acceptance ect).

But I'm a total Who geek and read the lead up to the Time War before they had even announced the new series with Eccleston. :lol

Yeah, he was trying too hard to be whacky, I'm guessing the automatic retort is it's part of his character and that makes him totally awesome. I just found him grating.

Smith & Gillian related spoliers of first episode of new series and maybe the final Tennant episode

Ok so this month the new team have gotten round to filming the first episode of the new series. Previosly the TARDIS on set has been of a new design with a more classic look. But recent filming involved the Ecclestone/Tennant style TARDIS, however it did appear to be in a state of damage with it on it's side. Matt Smith fully decked out in Tennants outfit is dragged from the upturned TARDIS by a Policewoman sporting a stupidly short skirt. The policewoman is Amy Pond. The Doctor then buys a icecream from a van apparantly suffering from some sort of post regeneration trauma.

Link is to a shot of what i've sort of described in the blackbox above, so beware it contains spoilers.

The Waters of Mars will be broadcast on Sunday 15th November on BBC One.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClNAiVhcIMA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClNAiVhcIMA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Latest trailer for Waters of Mars.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETK41njGAZw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETK41njGAZw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

It's fair to say i'm pretty excited about these next 3 specials. More so than any recent cinema release

• 2 weeks later...
I did not get the end

when the Ood turned up. Apart from that thought it was a brilliant episode.

sorry if any one read that without the spoiler tags on. Any help would be great.

Edited by Laffy

I would guess

The Ood are seemingly precogs (remember they saw 'the Donna-Doctor), and they have also been shown to be empathic and possibly telepathic. So presumably they can see the Doctors future and are trying to somehow communicate that its near, maybe as a warning or maybe as a warning not to fall foul of any kind of negative character issues such as pride.

Guest Anime Otaku
Did anyone else think that The Doctor looked like the monster from the "Silence in thee library" two parter in his space suit. I don't just mean it was the same style of suit but the way it was shot the shadows from the lights in the visor put a major shadow on his nose and eyes so he looked like a skull. Also his rant at the end was almost something you'd get from the likes of the Dalek Emperor.

Not intresting, but the suit was the one that he aquired at the end of The Satan Pit back in series 2.

The Waters of Mars was just a huge improvement over the dissapointing Planet of the dead

Anyway, David Tennant, Bernard Cribbins, Catherine Tate, Billie Piper, Timothy Dalton, John Simm, June Whitfield, Brian Cox and the strong possibility of Matt Smith. End of Time is shaping up well.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Going to finally watch Waters of Mars tomorrow night on BBC3 since I missed it first time round and don't have working sound on my PC to watch it on iPlayer, from what I have heard about it though sounds good

The Chilren in Need scence this year gave us some anwers gerading the Ood that showed up at the end of Waters of Mars.

Brian Cox appears to be playing a high up Ood, bit of a waste really.

If you missed it here it is. Just note that unlike last year this is not the pre-title sequence. That was deemed to give way to much away.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]