Fan Clubs | beta

Doctor Who 2010

BRM

The fact that Steve Moffat is at the helm should qualm any fears you have about next years series, yes it'll be different but it is frikkin the multi Hugo award winning Steve Moffat we're talking about here.

I know the facts are there to say it should be brilliant, but I'm still not getting a very good gut feeling about this series. Plus how do you top the end of the season with John Simm as The Master? It's just not possible!

Oh and if that is the new logo, it's not very good. Why bother changing it? Or is that supposed to be the whole point, the whole thing is changing to a different direction?

In fact I think it's a logo they used in the kids comic a couple of months back?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayfunk
yep that is th one, funny thing is, the first doctor looked and was very much based on the the traveller in the time machine, he looked and acted very victorian (source martians and us BBC)

Guest Jayfunk

that is the one of course the time machine was after 1902, my bad.

Dr Who no matter who is in the seat is better than no Dr who at all, look at touchwood it lacks something, it is missing something (not the gap between the leads teeth) it misses the Doctor

Guest Jayfunk
your confusing me, then i was right then, the doctor was based on the time travaler's look at as there was no other reference before hand wasn't it set in 1900? so very close to edwarian. b ut anyway in the doc martian's and us by the BBC they said that it was clearly based on Wells work, which if you look at it it hard not to agree the later ones no but the first yes

Guest Jayfunk

no it was on a doc which was on Xmas 2008 called martian and us it was a three parter (i have i on DVD), extremely good if your like british SF it made the link between the first DR to the time traveler mainly because it was the only other character before to do the same. to be far 1890s and 1902 isn;t far a part especially if i remember rightly the film was based in 1899/1900.

edit: note its not an offical link it was a sci fi person who drew the links the guys with th elong hair and bad facial hair , who looked at who they where dressed and presented and saw the things in common of course this is an opinion, one that i share

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/features/martians-and-us.shtml

Edited by Jayfunk

I certainly agree there are similarities so strong that I'd be amazed if it wasnt the case. But that was never my point, I was mearly correcting you on your useage of time period dress. You were the one who kept moving the goalposts. :lol

Amen to that!

Just to expand on what I said earlier about them being alike, I didnt mean the dress sense itself, more the character as an overall:

Both are refered to as titles (The Doctor and The Traveller).

Both are scientists.

Both wear clothes of an era of the past (though The Traveller was wearing for him 'modern' cothing).

I think this came from the character being the archetype of a time traveller for that era of British writers.

In which case stop posting until you are able to put down what you mean in a manner that can be understood.

he looked and acted very victorian

Was wrong, he looked Edwardian and acted like old man Steptoe. :lol

Guest Jayfunk
no you where prefectly right right about the dress, my bad!!!! the charcater itself and that you outlined was spot on. its great how great minds think alike isn't it :)