Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  12 members  ·  Free

Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy XIII

Guest JC

http://www.bomb-omb.com/images/final-fantasy-xiii.jpg

Well the thirteenth installment of the main Final Fantasy series is out in just over a months time.

Notably of course the first installment to make an appearance on not just the PS3 but also the Xbox 360.

Out in Japan for a couple of months now (at least I think) and generally the reviews have been very favourable for most parts of the game (certainly visually.)

Personally this wouldn't bother me anyway as I am a self-confessed Final Fantasy nut and probably should seek therapy for wanting to buy another one after finding Final Fantasy XII hugely disappointing and rather tedious.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/734/734220/final-fantasy-xiii-20061007021934284_640w.jpg

The game looks beautiful undeniably and one thing I have heard (although I've been trying not to get any heads up on the game incase I hear a spoiler) is that the in-game battles are actually ridiculously addictive and unlike Final Fantasy XII are not a chore in any sense.

http://www.chroniclesofawriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Final-Fantasy-XIII-21.jpg

Anyway. March 9th for those who are interested.

Gameplay Deals

Amazon (UK) Deals

GAME Deals

Play (UK) Deals

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm teetering, FFXII was such a disappointment, it's a worry that it's just a graphics fest like FF8 was, which I personally thought was a disappointment after 7, 9 got the feel back, 10 was good, just miserable, 10-2 was just a load of minigames with a plot, 11's boring and 12, as mentioned was crap, but to be fair it had its moments.

Then again, there are so many pleasurable moments that make me think that the next one will bring back the game to the quality of 7 and 9.

I'll think about it and see what the pre-order price is.

It was like marmite Final Fantasy XII for the fans.

Don't get me wrong there was tons about it which was great but for me the negatives (at least negatives for my playing) outweighed them.

I couldn't get into XII at all, I couldn't even force myself to get into it. The gameplay was awful!!

I love the graphically prettiness of the later FF games. I'm looking forward to XIII as it looks beautiful, and it doesn't look like the battles are too complicated. I want a game that tells a story, that you can just get straight into and enjoy.

Most of the reviews I have read from proper sources have said the story is not a strong point to the game but they don't suggest that it weighs the game down either. So to me that suggests it's a fairly simplistic plot with a small amount of characters, in a fairly linear path up until the *no turning back* stage.

The one thing most reviewers keep praising (and I can see why from some of the videos demonstrating it) is the gameplay/battles which are apparently a cross between FF8 + FF10-2 + FF12 with a few extras flung in.

You can tell there's something great about it though when even those who complain about certain aspects of the game still give it a 9/10 minimum.

Ah nuts! Anything that was derived from FF8 was rubbish in my opinion (before certain members of this forum jump on it and try to dissolve my opinion with their opinion based fact). Come on, I want to buy this game help me out here!!!!

Don't take it personally SHL, people's opinions are their own and they don't dislike you because you like it, so don't get upset that other don't like what you like.

Guest The Beltster
I think they have become progressively worse since FFVII. Hopefully this is a wicked game and they ditch the horrible combat system from FFXII.

Guest Dante Spears
I liked Final Fantasy except for the one about an evil authority, one or more heroes who were once associated with said evil authority, with a half baked hippy subtext and having androgynous 12 year old's running around.

I liked Final Fantasy except for the one about an evil authority, one or more heroes who were once associated with said evil authority, with a half baked hippy subtext and having androgynous 12 year old's running around.

That would all of them then :)

Guest MojoPogo
Ah nuts! Anything that was derived from FF8 was rubbish in my opinion (before certain members of this forum jump on it and try to dissolve my opinion with their opinion based fact). Come on, I want to buy this game help me out here!!!!

Best thing you can do Saz is try the demo when its out. This is apparently going to divide fans once again, as GM's somewhat lukewarm review of 81% (the lowest they've ever given ff) proves. That said, the graphics are nearly unsurpassed in terms of quality. Hell, maybe even rent it off lovefilm. I know i will be.:good222:

Best thing you can do Saz is try the demo when its out. This is apparently going to divide fans once again, as GM's somewhat lukewarm review of 81% (the lowest they've ever given ff) proves. That said, the graphics are nearly unsurpassed in terms of quality. Hell, maybe even rent it off lovefilm. I know i will be.:good222:

Man! You are so out of coolness! You know you have to get the game the same time as everyone else to stop people from spoiling it for you :)

Hmm, I'm going to have to get off my arse and do some research, I did the trust buy with 12, not doing it again with 13.

Guest MojoPogo
Man! You are so out of coolness! You know you have to get the game the same time as everyone else to stop people from spoiling it for you :)

Hmm, I'm going to have to get off my arse and do some research, I did the trust buy with 12, not doing it again with 13.

Dude, who says i wont be? I prebooked it on lovefilm, i should get it for release day. Hence if its shite i wont have to buy it.