Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  12 members  ·  Free

Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy XIII

Guest JC

I dont know which of these characters is most annoying...

edit:

A bit of news that surprised me, the PS3 version of FF13 has sold more than the XBox360 version with the PS3 having 54% of the market share (this is UK sales). Considering that Microsoft went all out advertising it as if it was their platform only I expected more for them.

Sourced from http://www.pushsquare.com/12142/final-fantasy-xiii-tops-the-uk-sales-charts-ps3-sku-wins-the-war/

but can be found with a quick Google news search.

Edited by Paul

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halfway through disc two and loving the game, couple of points to make..

Wha? Hold the frickin' phone!!!!

Disc 2?????

I dont know which of these characters is most annoying...

edit:

A bit of news that surprised me, the PS3 version of FF13 has sold more than the XBox360 version with the PS3 having 54% of the market share (this is UK sales). Considering that Microsoft went all out advertising it as if it was their platform only I expected more for them.

Sourced from http://www.pushsquare.com/12142/final-fantasy-xiii-tops-the-uk-sales-charts-ps3-sku-wins-the-war/

but can be found with a quick Google news search.

Doesn't surprise me, PS owners have kinda grown up with the FF series, where as younger X-box owners probably wouldn't know it if it slapped them in the face.

I'm still in shock about the 2 disc thing!

Anyhoo the game has kinda opened up and is now very, very irritating in the fact that:

I'm in the Gran Pulse Fal'cie arc. Each of the characters can now learn every battle type, which means I am going to have to grind for the next 6 years to try give every character equal footing!

I've just won the Sazh background for my PS3 which I is sporting.

Makes me feel all self important and like I have acheived something! :D

I am guessing we are at a similar stage in the game as I just earned A Sazh gamer pic.

Its funny how the combat initially seemed very weak to me, I hated not having control over my team mates but now I find the combat very deep and rewarding. The pacing in which things are fed to you is perfect for a RPG. Something like Batman:AA or Bioshock (games in which you had learned all the main moves in the first hour) this would be to slow but for this type of game its brilliant.

I don't think so, my Sazh thingy came because of all the grinding I've done, I'm on Chapter 10 trying to level all my characters as, with all the other FFs I've ever played I play through the story and find myself too weak for the final end game boss.

And as the hint in Chapter 10 is

Make your character stronger

I'm guessing this is the place to grind, it is taking forever, then again, it took me 9 other chapters to get 3 Paradigms sorted.

I wont read the spoiler but I think I am still on chapter 9, will check when I am at my XBOX.

I like to grind also, I am pleased that all teammates get the XP (CP). I want all team mates at peak condition for final boss :)

I'm getting b*tchslapped by Bahamut now...

It seems when I got home , I was on Chapter 11, judging from your post you are behind me .

I would say there are some fine grind opportunities in chapter 11

Doesn't matter where I am, just that I'm having awful trouble working out the quickest way to capture the Eidolon.

I'm usually dead within 3 rounds.

Doesn't matter where I am, just that I'm having awful trouble working out the quickest way to capture the Eidolon.

I'm usually dead within 3 rounds.

I did him first time and do not remember having a problem, shame I cant hit you up on XBOX and talk you through what I did, in fact I dont remember a problem with any Eidolins only one of the earlier boss's did I struggle with(and a few times the controller nearly went through the monitor I can tell ya).

I've just won the Sazh background for my PS3 which I is sporting.

Makes me feel all self important and like I have acheived something! :D

After reading a small piece of text on my screen it says that my Sazh gamer pic is for getting the Loremaster achievement

fully scan 100 enemies

Guest Gemsi

Saz, hows the Eidolon going? Just beat him in 2 attempts, he was quite easy once I prepared with Fortisol and other junk.

The scenes following are just beautiful! I want to keep playing, but really should go to bed lol.