Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy XIII

Guest JC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Seems theres a bit of a quality difference between the PS3 and 360 versions, I assume its a technical reason with the 360 running at a lower resolution. Truth be told, I thought you can only just tell. :lol

Seems theres a bit of a quality difference between the PS3 and 360 versions, I assume its a technical reason with the 360 running at a lower resolution. Truth be told, I thought you can only just tell. :lol

Well the 360 version is run over three DVD-Roms anyway but the reason for the lower resolution is due to it being ported to the 360 after being developed for the PS3.

Bought this today.

Played a couple of hours already and I'm liking it very much.

The battles are very easy to run through and most importantly they are very snappy.

Story seems a bit strange but I can hardly judge it as yet.

Visually? Nothing can touch this game. Forget Crysis, Half Life etc, this is the benchmark.

Guest The Beltster
I have this, havent played it yet though...its one of those games you need to put time into so will get to it after I finish a bunch of others I'm plowing through.

So what's the general opinion of this game? I've read many conflicting reports about it especially regarding the difficulty, so really, how is it, as far as FF games go?

Well I've only played it for 5-6 hours but so far it's very linear yet beautiful.

Alot of battles to go through but thankfully the new battle system is awesomely fun and doesn't get old.

Characters enhance themselves through something very similar to FFX's sphere grid.

The story seems more complicated than the reviews said it was.

Generally a thumbs up at present.

The only downside is, that it is very linear but at the same time, it's a very purposeful story and therefore it's not really a big problem as it fits with what you're meant to be doing - you're not really meant to be exploring at this early stage.

Guest Anime Otaku
How are summons working this time? Looking at a montage on YouTube they've (thankfully) moved away from a dedicated summoner but do different characters have their own summons or can any character summon any of them?

How are summons working this time? Looking at a montage on YouTube they've (thankfully) moved away from a dedicated summoner but do different characters have their own summons or can any character summon any of them?

I'm only a few parts past getting

Odin for Lightning.[/spoiler That's the second Eidolon I've beaten.

They are assigned to individual characters and basically they appear like in FFXII only now they have their own attacks and techniques, alongside the choice between you letting them run riot or jumping on their back (literally) and controlling what they do.

At this point in the game they're pretty awesome but I have a feeling like in FFXII, towards the end they'll have no real purpose.

That said, it's an improvement from summoning in FFXII by a long way.

Edited by Paul

So there I was in Sainsbury's when I passed a stand that said FF13 for £35...

I got the collectors edition for £30. :P

I didn't, I didn't even want to buy the game till it was cheaper, I just got drawn in with the difference between that price and the one amazon had quoted me.

*EDIT*

Ok, here's my outlook on the first couple of hours game play.

Cons

It's a bit linear and I mean literally linear, you run in a straight line.

Camera's a bit naff.

The young boy irritates me.

Pros

Easy combat

The characters move all the time in combat, trying to get into better positions, so it looks great and realistic.

I love how the plots merge with each other at points, things you see in the background whilst playing, you end up playing further along the way.

All in all, looking pretty damn good, as FF usually gets a whole lot better after a certain time.

Edited by Saz

You know what I miss from this game?

The classic music when you completed a battle, doesn't feel FF without it :(

To be fair, outside of that, I think the music in this game is possibly the best soundtrack I've listened to in a FF.