Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC 116 - July 3rd - Spoilers

Paul

Guest The Beltster
Brock showing another side of his game tonight, but man, I thought it was over in the 1st, Carwin looked like he punched himself out and was knackered in the 2nd. Everybody said if it goes to the 2nd, he would be in trouble and he was indeed.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to spoiler tags guys? Some people may be downloading or watching a recording of the action!

Anyhoo...

I honestly though that Carwin would win because we have never really seen Brock's chin tested. Gonig into the fight I was discussing with my chums what the questions were that would dictate this fight

- Can Brock take a punch?

- Can Brock take Carwin down?

- How well is Carwin prepared to go further then the 1st round?

- If Brock can take him down how well can Carwin fight off his back?

The answer to all those are - HELL YES, YES, Awfully and Awfully.

Also well done to the referee as we have seen on recent events a lot of fights get stopped in my opinion too early when someone we still defending themselves but in a horrid position. Brock was getting pummelled but he defended himself rather well and took some mean shots like a man, got back up and that was the deciding factor.

At the end of the first round Carwin looked to have lost all his confidence, he was just drained, he put everything he had into smashing Brock into bits and it hadn't worked - now he has a fresher man who has taken his best punches smiling at him - a man who just happens to be just as big and even stronger then Carwin.

Then Brock gets the takedown and Carwin is lost, Brock secures the triangle and is working around the half guard into position and Shane was just so tired from emptying the tank with the punches he has no way of getting Brock off him and so Lesnar comes round and locks in a beautiful arm triangle and that is all she wrote.

I'm telling you, before the fight I was saying Carwin by KO/TKO at the end of round one, I said if it went past that stage it would be Lesnar by TKO - never did I pick a submission win.

But now lets see how well Brock does against Cain, because Cain might not be as powerful and heavy handed as Carwin but he is smarter, crisper and just as deadly with his stand up game.

Question is - how well can he fight off his back because it seems once Brock gets you there now then it's game over.

Edited by Evil Gringo

Guest The Cork
Lesnar is a lucky boy indeed, and LOL at Leben calling out Wandy, does the idiot want to be killed?

I love Sherdog forums after a Brock win

lesnar beat a fatigued carwin

Fedor has never been outclassed like Brock was tonight.

A more experianced fighter would finish Brock in 5 more secs.

Brocks awful

Guest The Beltster

Sherdog dies a little more with each Brock win.

As for spoiler tags, why would we need them? Its a PPV thats aired live in the UK and around the world. We dont use spoiler tags in wrestling PPV threads or RAW, Impact etc threads...

The best bit is that a year ago they were saying Brock only won because he was bigger than the people he was facing, now he's faced someone his size they are saying, and I shit you not, that he would lose if he faced someone smaller and quicker! :lol

I adore Sherdog when Brock wins.

Guest The Beltster

Cool pic from backstage...any they are all bald with goaties, somebody just have joked about that at some point :lol

http://www.thewrestlinganswer.com/images/galleries/rockaustingoldberg/1.jpg

After that fight is there anyone outside of Cain who can challenge Brock? JDS I think is less powerful than Carwin, and his TD defence isnt as good, so I cant see him doing it. Outside of there, Brocks just killing people.

Outside the UFC who is there now? Fedor could win, Overeems not powerful enough and would be taken apart.

Guest Frank Botch

More Sherdog comedy, these dudes really can't take it when Lesnar wins.

Carwin lost... to himself.

OVEREEM >>> Brock Lesnar

Lesnar horrible stand up, Carwin no cardio and ground game. Werdum would kill both

How did Brock intelligently defend himself?

I though I had actually called a UFC main event right in the first round but Brock showed good resilience to come back in the second. Carwin really shouldn't be getting gassed after a couple of minutes though. Brock also won sub of the night. Whole show was pretty great I though.

It'll be interesting to see how Cain does..apart from that I'm not sure who can really challenge the guy. Maybe JDS but I think Carwins striking is better so I really don't see it.

EDIT: Darkstar beat me to it about potential challengers...

The best bit is that a year ago they were saying Brock only won because he was bigger than the people he was facing, now he's faced someone his size they are saying, and I shit you not, that he would lose if he faced someone smaller and quicker! :lol

I adore Sherdog when Brock wins.

Having lurked at Sherdog a bit.....I must say, that forum is.....ugh.

Cool pic from backstage...any they are all bald with goaties, somebody just have joked about that at some point :lol

http://www.thewrestlinganswer.com/images/galleries/rockaustingoldberg/1.jpg

They look like brothers. :lol

After that fight is there anyone outside of Cain who can challenge Brock? JDS I think is less powerful than Carwin, and his TD defence isnt as good, so I cant see him doing it. Outside of there, Brocks just killing people.

Outside the UFC who is there now? Fedor could win, Overeems not powerful enough and would be taken apart.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock vs Junior Dos Santos.

Who else is there? Hmm.....if Gabriel Gonzaga could start head-kicking people again like he did to Cro Cop, then maybe him?.....or maybe not. :P

Cheick Kongo? Cain Velasquez? Minotauro Noguiera?

I don't know. :lol

Brock vs Junior Dos Santos would be a good fight, in my opinion. :)

Damn! I thought Brock was going to loses, especially when Carwin was just pounding him from the top. It was nice to see Brock finally win by a submission hold, because that's one part of the game that I thought he was lacking in this far. Joe Rogan was right when he said that Lesnar is still a work in progress.

Guest The GS

Delighted for Brock. I was sure the fight was gonna be stopped in the first round but the way he fought back was admirable.

It was nice to see all the old WWE guys like Heyman, Rock and Austin on the PPV as well.

Sherdog need to get over themselves, they really do.

Brock took a beating that would have taken out many UFC fighters and then remained composed to take advantage of the situation in the second round and win with a submission that again most UFC fighters would proud of.

As for saying he has poor stand up, well he didn't actually use any in the fight so that is pointless, seriously he got hit, defended himself, took Carwin down and tapped him.

If Carwin had been a smarter fighter then yeah, he probably would have done a better job of closing it out but thats the difference between a champion and a challenger. Maybe Carwin will learn from it, come back stronger and have another shot at the gold one day a more complete fighter.

Guest The GS

Heyman's said to be writing a book about Lesnar, looking forward to that.

Here's a video of JR, Stone Cold, Heyman and Goldberg talking about the fight.

[YOUTUBE]swnM_VaXRbA[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Kam

Guest Jack

That fight was the entire reason why I stopped watching MMA.

Neither guy has any punch technique. The wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide, horrible left uppercut that Carwin initially hurt Lesnar with, made Ponce De Leon look like Ike Williams. Just atrocious technique and how can any fuller grown man seriously be hurt by that? That punch couldn't have carried any power, yet Lesnar was on Queer St.. After that, the G+P was ok but what the hell was up with Carwin's stamina? He's supposed to be an athlete yet he can't throw punches for 5 minutes? They aren't even big shots either. They're arm punches. When I go to the gym, I expect to throw heavy punches non-stop for a minute, meaning my stamina is better than Carwin's...a man challenging for some version of the heavyweight title? Ridiculous. Lesnar was breathing hard too. I know defending yourself takes it out of you, but f*cking hell.

Both guys have way too much muscle and nobody can really defend their size. It's just Dana pumping his men full of PED's to make them look better but it doesn't make them any better fighters. Just more marketable.

I don't hold out much hope, but if Toney lands on Couture and then Lesnar, he's the new UFC heavyweight champion. I would love that to happen, just to piss all over everything that the UFC is.