Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Make contentious statements about combat sports

Guest Dusty Finish

Collins beating Eubank TWICE and Benn TWICE proves that the biggest fight in British history between Benn and Eubank was fought between two crap fighters.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't believe it.

And if you're only basing the "can't punch for s**t" thing on boxing, you have to remember that punching in boxing and MMA is completely different. Boxers can punch so well because that's their primary weapon, mixed martial artists however train in a bit of everything, so their punches aren't going to be comparable.

That's not a valid excuse.

Obviously MMA fighters have to change their stance to avoid takedowns, kicks and so on, but the actual punching technique is rarely correct, even for an MMA fighter. Just because they need to be aware of a takedown, that doesn't mean they have to swing their punches from Australia. That's poor technique no matter what sport you're in. Look how many MMA fighters drop their hands when they throw a combination. Again, it's poor technique whether it's boxing or MMA.

Anyway...

- Lesnar is not a good wrestler. He simply gets by because of his incredible strength, but his actual technique is way off and he wil continue to be exposed by better wrestlers, such as Velasquez.

Collins beating Eubank TWICE and Benn TWICE proves that the biggest fight in British history between Benn and Eubank was fought between two crap fighters.

Eubank and Benn were at the tail end of their careers when they fought Collins.

Nigel Benn especially was never in the right frame of mind after the McClellan fight.

Anyway...

- Lesnar is not a good wrestler. He simply gets by because of his incredible strength, but his actual technique is way off and he wil continue to be exposed by better wrestlers, such as Velasquez.

Only if you mean wrestling in terms of MMA. Wrestling as a wrestler (NOT pro) he's good.

However,mine: I still think Lesnar could take Fedor. Fedor would get Donkey Konged and I dont think his wrestling is anywhere near good enough to escape.

With a some training I think David Haye would be a draw in UFC. He can sell a fight very well.

it slightly annoys me when Haye gets slated for being outspoken. Frank Bruno was at it just the other week.

He may be outspoken in todays terms, but he ain't got nothing on Ali.

Eubank and Benn were at the tail end of their careers when they fought Collins.

Nigel Benn especially was never in the right frame of mind after the McClellan fight.

Excuses excuses. Ye English fans love them. Eubank was undefeated before the Collins fight sure.

Guest John Hancock
Oh drop the f*cking English-Irish sh*t for one f*cking thread. Why you haven't been infracted for gimmick posting is beyond me.

Oh drop the f*cking English-Irish sh*t for one f*cking thread. Why you haven't been infracted for gimmick posting is beyond me.

English fans love to make up excuses after every World Cup/Euro etc. Why are you arguing this?

And there's no Irish/English thing here so stop making assumptions Mister I change my nationality every week. A lot of people are sick of your better than thou comments, so stop.

To be fair Standard you do like to get your anti-English digs in.

But whenever someone makes a Irish/leprachan/luck charms reference you do get up on your high horse

Not this again.

I really can't boast about an Irish boxer beating 2 of Englands greatest boxers without being called anti-English. How lame is that?

If he beat Roy Jones Jr would ye be calling me anti American?

Guest John Hancock
English fans love to make up excuses after every World Cup/Euro etc. Why are you arguing this?

And there's no Irish/English thing here so stop making assumptions Mister I change my nationality every week. A lot of people are sick of your better than thou comments, so stop.

It's every thread. Every single thread you're moaning about the English, acting like some embarrassing stereotype of the bitter-Irishman. Go look through your past posts, and count how many times you've stupid sh*t about the English, or about how awesome the Irish are.

Actually, because you're far too unaware to notice it yourself, can we just have a show of hands. Show of hands if you're sick of GS's constant "Yay Ireland, boo England" sh*t in every thread.

*Raises hand*

And I'm sure lots of people think I'm a d*ck here, but, unless you're part of some secret club, I have no idea how you'd know about it, considering that no one really mentions disliking me here, where as, pretty much every forum member repeatedly calls you a knob on pretty much every single thread you're a part of.

Mr. I change my nationality every week? What's that got to do with anything? I have family in a lot of countries, and move country a lot, and thus I'm not allowed an opinion on you being a moron?

Edited by John Hancock

It's every thread. Every single thread you're moaning about the English, acting like some embarrassing stereotype of the bitter-Irishman. Go look through your past posts, and count how many times you've stupid sh*t about the English, or about how awesome the Irish are.

Actually very rarely. You read over my past posts and figure out how many timees I mention Ireland being great, I rarely do it. I've been criticising it more recently if you read the TV threads and if you read the wrestling threads you'll see how in favour of Wade Barrett being pushed I am. That aint anti-English.

Actually, because you're far too unaware to notice it yourself, can we just have a show of hands. Show of hands if you're sick of GS's constant "Yay Ireland, boo England" sh*t in every thread.

I like seeing England lose in big sports as I can't stand the hype that surrounds their sports teams. That's no secret. Heck a Welsh member gave me rep points for making a comment like that.

*Raises hand*

How embarassing.

And I'm sure lots of people think I'm a d*ck here, but, unless you're part of some secret club, I have no idea how you'd know about it, considering that no one really mentions disliking me here, where as, pretty much every forum member repeatedly calls you a knob on pretty much every single thread you're a part of.

That's just JC, you and I think one or 2 from my first months here. That's it.

And yeah people have been saying crap about your political talk. Can't be bothered looking back.

Mr. I change my nationality every week? What's that got to do with anything? I have family in a lot of countries, and move country a lot, and thus I'm not allowed an opinion on you being a c*nt?

You accused me of being anti-English so I was just laughing at when I asked you recently "aren't you British" and you replied by saying "I used to be". That's laughable. You're either a nationality or you're not, no such thing as "I used to be".

Guest John Hancock

I used to have British citizenship, and then I moved to America and changed my nationality to American. I wasn't born in Britain, I have no family who were born there. How can I be anything other than "Formerly British?".

That's just JC, you and I think one or 2 from my first months here. That's it.

And yeah people have been saying crap about your political talk. Can't be bothered looking back.

To who? They haven't been saying it to me.

And I assure you it's not just JC. Buy a Champagne Room subscription.

EDIT: I'm out, I'm getting into silly thread ruining territory over stupid sh*t, so, you can have the last word, say what you want and I won't reply. But please, ask your Mum for £8 and get yourself a Champagne Subscription if you want to hear people's real opinions.

Edited by John Hancock

And I assure you it's not just JC. Buy a Champagne Room subscription.

Ahhh, no thanks. I find the idea of talking behind people's backs really cowardly and wrong. People who take part in that kind of thing are sneaky and lame.

Guest Anime Otaku
He may be outspoken in todays terms, but he ain't got nothing on Ali.

I think the problem is that he is kinda trying to be like Ali but he doesn't have the wit to make it work.

Guest John Hancock
I think the problem is that he is kinda trying to be like Ali but he doesn't have the wit to make it work.

Pretty much across the board in combat sports, there's always someone trying to be the next Ali. In MMA, the only guy I can remember recently who even came CLOSE with the trash talking and quick-witted-ness was PRIDE-era Rampage. Obviously there's no real question as to who did it better, but of all the Ali wanna-be's in recent memory, Rampage has been the best in MMA and Mayweather has been the best in boxing.

Guest Anime Otaku

I dunno how contentious this will be:

If David Haye stops Audley Harrison then Harrison's career will be effectively over, at least as a title contender.

Guest Dusty Finish

I get the feeling quite a lot of people may be thinking this one....

The Ultimate Fighter has well and truly outstayed it's welcome.