Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Make contentious statements about combat sports

Guest Dusty Finish

Guest carlito is cool
Hayes a smart man he is in a position where he can fight the likes of Audley, Ruiz thanks to sky pushing him down everyones throat and make 3 million plus comfortably. Ive got to say if i was in his position i think id be happy to take these paydays for relatively easy fights. Haye hasnt always operated in this way he unified the cruiserweight division in 22 fights going into Jean marc mormrecks back yard to rip the title off him when he was the divisions top dog so he hasnt always done things the easy way. He also fought Carl Thompson in his 9th or 10th pro fight a fight which Haye lost. He is part making 'easy' money and part putting himself in a strong barganing position for when it comes to dealing which the Klitschko brothers as he is now a bona fide HW champion with some solid wins under his belt and the first real threat to them in years.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

~ It's immeasurably harder than it should be for UFC fighters to develop into break out stars using their personality or demeanor (like lots of fighters did in PRIDE like, off the top of my head, Rampage, Crocop, Wanderlei and Fedor) because Dana White insists on acting as the public face of absolutely everything UFC, keeping himself in the lime light, and only rarely letting the fighters themselves take centre stage outside of the fights themselves.

~ The stage production for fighters entrances in the UFC is painfully underwhelming. Louder music, better use of lighting, and the possibility of smoke effects and pyro really would do them the world of good.

~ Once Shogun and Evans fight next year, the title picture for the 205 division is going to be looking pretty bare.