Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Make contentious statements about combat sports

Guest Dusty Finish

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The purpose is too find people who can compete and win at the highest level of MMA which is the UFC.

Seen as we have seen Bisping, Griffin, Evans, Serra, Florian, Sanchez, Koschieck and many more come out of the show then it is doing it's job and with this batch I think we will see some very good flyweight, lightweight or welterweight fighters come through. Cody, Johnson, Wilkinson, Nam and a few others could do well.

Bear in mind the UF has produced World Champions and I feel it will continue to do so, not as many given the rise of other promotions and the WEC merger but it will.

Also it is there to hype PPV fights between the coaches as well and the fact is Rampage v Evans sold well and so will this PPV.

Guest John Hancock
Seen as we have seen Bisping, Griffin, Evans, Serra, Florian, Sanchez, Koschieck and many more come out of the show then it is doing it's job

Griffin, Sanchez, Koscheck and Florian were season 1, Evans was season 2, Bisping was season 3, Serra was season 4.

It's currently season 12. That's what I mean by "outlived it's purpose" rather than "never had one".

Season 5 gave us Nate Diaz and Gray Maynard

Season 6 was a bust

Season 7 gave us C.B. Dolloway

Season 8 gave us Efrain Escudero and Krzysztof Soszynski

Season 9 is best remembered for the Henderson v Bisping fight at UFC 100 rather then any of the fighters

Season 10 had Roy Nelson

Season 11 the winner, Court McGee is still a work in progress

Granted they haven't reached the heights that others before have but there is still time for all of them.

Guest Dusty Finish
Granted they haven't reached the heights that others before have but there is still time for all of them.

Except for Escudero, who's already been released. Maynard & Diaz, without doubt- Season 5 was the last that really produced a good batch of decent talent (the aforementioned, Lauzon, Gamburyan, Wiman, Emerson & Cole Miller).

Guest Dusty Finish
Shao, watch Season 1 of TUF now, if not sooner. Then watch Season 5 (Team Penn vs Team Pulver) as soon as you can. If you've decided you're not adverse to the show after that, try to catch Season 3 (Ortiz vs Shamrock) as well. The other 8 full seasons to date are leagues behind these three.

Shao, watch Season 1 of TUF now, if not sooner. Then watch Season 5 (Team Penn vs Team Pulver) as soon as you can. If you've decided you're not adverse to the show after that, try to catch Season 3 (Ortiz vs Shamrock) as well. The other 8 full seasons to date are leagues behind these three.

My main concern about them though are whether or not I'd enjoy it.....I mean, I hate reality shows in general.....

Do they actually have fights on each episode? Or only one at the end of the series?

Edited by ShaolinHandLock

Guest Scotty2Hotty
I dunno how contentious this will be:

If David Haye stops Audley Harrison then Harrison's career will be effectively over, at least as a title contender.

I dont think he even deserves a title shot... But I can see why he has been put in to give us this big british title fight feel, unfortunately I think its going to be a massive letdown and I expect Haye to walk it fairly quick. Least ill be getting very drunk whilst watching it.

My main concern about them though are whether or not I'd enjoy it.....I mean, I hate reality shows in general.....

Do they actually have fights on each episode? Or only one at the end of the series?

Oh yeah - although I'm not an avid watcher there's at least a fight an episode (at least, every one I've seen).

Sometimes two depending on how far in you're going.

It's the kind of thing Shao, because you like MMA, you're willing to let slip some of things you'd normally really hate about reality television... if that makes sense...

Guest Anime Otaku
I have to admit I don't watch that much boxing but to me it seems like if he was in Pro Wrestling he'd be a "Jobber To The Stars" as it sounds like he does well except in the really important fights. I saw him in one of the Prizefighter tournaments and he was good, I think he won actually.

Willie Casey a Prizefighter winner won some European belt last week so stranger things have happened. Edited by The GS

Oh yeah - although I'm not an avid watcher there's at least a fight an episode (at least, every one I've seen).

Sometimes two depending on how far in you're going.

It's the kind of thing Shao, because you like MMA, you're willing to let slip some of things you'd normally really hate about reality television... if that makes sense...

I get what you're saying.....I guess I might check it out eventually or something, I don't know.

Seems to me as if Haye is hiding from the Klitchko brothers and Harrison is the next best draw for him as he's a nobody in the States.

John Ruiz and now Audley Harrison hardly a fighting champion is he.

Guest Rikidozan
I actually like Haye; he's one of the few elite-level boxers that speaks respectfully and highly MMA. Unlike Mayweather, he "gets" MMA and the massive success of the sport. He should have a word with clueless old man Bob Arum.

Seems to me as if Haye is hiding from the Klitchko brothers and Harrison is the next best draw for him as he's a nobody in the States.

John Ruiz and now Audley Harrison hardly a fighting champion is he.

I think it is 50/50 on the Klitchko fights as they saw what he did to win the title against a simliarly sized opponent.

Also they can't talk about being fighting champions - the only fights on are Haye or each other and they refuse to fight each other - I'm sorry but if Haye and my brother were all that were between me and being the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world then I would fight them both.

Sometimes you have to take the risk - not rest on their laurels in an already weaked division.

As for Haye not being a draw in the states - yeah he's not but then again I'd wager that the only fight that a Klitchko has had that has drawn a damn in the States would be against Lennox Lewis - most of their fights HAVE to be in Germany after all.

Well Vitali wants to retire at the end of the year due to his age, previous injuries and his mounting political duties as the leader of the Ukrainan Party for Democratic Political Reform (UPDPR)

Plus if neither boxer can agree to fight then the federations would have to strip them of all of their titles and in a weakened heavyweight divison were these two are clearly the top two boxers that would be insane.