Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Random Fight Forum News and Comments

Guest Saz

Guest Frank Botch

Josh Koscheck vs. Johny Hendricks added to the 5/5 FOX show.

Looks like it could be a pretty exciting card, and the fights affect the title picture, so I'm looking forward to the show.

Here's Nelson after the Werdum fight, I'll just put a link so no one is confronted by a huge cut while scrolling down:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2985245/roy_nelson_large_extra_large.jpg

EDIT: Or scrolling... up.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching Cage Warriors that was on Sky last night, if anything it makes you realise just how damn professional the whole UFC presentation is. That said, JOE MARTINEZ is the ring announcer, he's almost what I miss most about the WEC folding.

But right now I must go, for TOMMY SPEER~! is fighting soon.

EDIT: Tommy Speer lost. Boo.

Edited by Chris2K

Guest Frank Botch

Nate Marquardt has signed with Strikeforce and Dan Hardy will fight Duane Ludwig at 146.

Two worse bits of news you could not hope to see.

Guest John Hancock
Dana White has confirmed independent series of The Ultimate Fighter for America, Brazil, India, Australia, the Philippines, Japan and Britain with the intention have having the winners of each season in a tournament to crown a global Ultimate Fighter. The Brazil series is currently being filmed, and India will be next.

Speaking of TUF, the cast list has been announced:

Akbarh Arreloa, Chula Vista, Calif.

Al Iaquinta, Wantagh, N.Y.

Ali Maclean, Belfast, North Ireland

Andy Ogle, Tynemouth, England

Austin Lyons, Cordova, Tenn.

Brendan Weafer, New York, N.Y.

Chris Tickle, Bloomington, Ill.

Cody Pfister, Amarillo, Texas

Cristiano Marcello, Curitiba, Brazil

Chase Hackett, Littleton, Colo.

Chris Saunders, Long Beach, Calif.

Dakota Cochrane, Omaha, Neb.

Daron Cruickshank, Wayne, Mich.

Drew Dober, Omaha, Neb.

Erin Beach, San Diego, Calif.

James Krause, Blue Springs, Mich.

James Vick, Fort Worth, Texas

Jared Carlsten, Los Angeles, Calif.

Jeff Smith, Mechanicsburg, Penn.

Jeremy Larsen, Phoenix, Ariz.

Joe Proctor, Pembroke, Mass.

John Cofer, Hull, Ga.

Johnavan Vistante, Pearl City, Hawaii

Jon Tuck, Hagtna, Guam

Jordan Rinaldi, Matthews, N.C.

Justin Lawrence, Villa Ridge, Mo.

Mark Glover, Liverpool, England

Michael Chiesa, Spokane Valley, Wash.

Myles Jury, San Diego, Calif.

Mike Rio, Miami, Fla.

Sam Sicilia, Spokane Valley, Wash.

Vinc Pichel, Sherman Oaks, Calif.

Interesting that Cristiano Marcello is taking part in the US and not Brazil version, not sure I recognise anyone else.

Card for this weekend's show, the last full UFC show until APRIL 14TH.

MAIN CARD (FX)

Thiago Alves vs. Martin Kampmann

Joseph Benavidez vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani *

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall *

Court McGee vs. Constantinos Philippou

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)

Aaron Rosa vs. James Te Huna

Nick Penner vs. Anthony Perosh

Cole Miller vs. Steven Siler

Andrew Craig vs. Kyle Noke

Jake Hecht vs. T.J. Waldburger

Daniel Pineda vs. Mackens Semerzier

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Shawn Jordan vs. Oli Thompson

It's on ESPN on Friday night/Saturday morning at 3am, and I'm going to stay up for this one as I'll have two days to recover. The *Flyweight bouts are part of the tournament to crown the first Flyweight champion, and these fights will have a "sudden death" round in case of a draw decision.

It's also Tate/Rousey on Saturday, but I've no interest in anything other than the women's match which I'll try to watch separately.

Guest ajkennedy
Yeah tough call on which card to watch. I think I'll stick to the FX card as I want to see the flyweights more than anything. However on Strikeforce KJ Noons vs Josh Thompson should be good, and watching Paul Daley is usually entertaining (one way or another). As for the main event, I don't really care too much. Aren't UFC going to get rid of the women's division when they eventually merge?

From what I can find out it looks like the new series of Ultimate Fighter won't be airing in the UK anywhere. FX in the UK have confirmed they're not showing it, which really only leaves ESPN and I doubt that the UFC will want to give them the deal.

It really sucks as I was looking forward to this season.

Guest The Beltster
Download the episodes, they will be online on torrent sites within an hour of the show ending, takes about 5 mins to download each episode.

Guest Dusty Finish

Cracking little event last night, and another "come from ridiculously behind" win to top it off, adding to the spate of them recently.

An MMA version of a mid-card filler show much of it may have been, but it gives a bit emphasis on the nifty little runs the likes of Costa Phillipou & Anthony Perosh are going on.

How much of a breath of fresh air are Anik & Florian on commentary? Anik is so enthusiastic, quite insightful, and elaborates on stuff in the all the places where Mike Goldberg just trots out the cliches & the sponsor plugs.

The flyweight stuff was bombastic, as expected. It's been announced that Mighty Mouse & McCall will rematch because there was a ****-up with the scorecards that they didn't catch in time. I have to question how they didn't, given that Buffer announced a 2 against 1 scorecard, then announced a majority decision, before saying the wrong guy's name at the end of it. Surely alarm bells must've been ringing before that car crash of an announcement.... it really blows my mind, though, as it's not the first time something like this has happened: You're only judging 2 guys, with ten points a must- a nice round number. It's fundamentally best 2 out of 3- the lowest odd number of rounds to have to keep track of. Then the subsequent scorecards are best 2 out of 3 as well- the lowest odd number of judges to have to keep track of. Seriously, how hard must it be to f*** that up?! It's no exaggeration to say that a 5 year old could be told the basic concept once & get it right.

Edit: Oh, I had it 29-28 McCall, just in case you were wondering.

Edited by Dusty Finish

Guest Frank Botch

Yeah, it was a very good card. The finish to the main event looked fantastic. Also McCall and his villainous, waxed, twirly moustache was awesome.

On to serious buisness tonight gentlemen:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1002128/425463_10150605733618229_61345743228_9226023_177873136_n.jpg

Goodness.