Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE NXT 2013

Guest Alexanderdgreat

Guest Tomosapien

nxt = underated

Ive watched nxt since season one yes its not the best but its very entertaining and the matches can be better then the ones on raw and smackdown especially tyson kidd vs trent barretta

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The highlight for me this week was Regal talking about hang-gliding or something in the nude and when he landed they arrested him and called him 'Madam'. The stuff with Maxine and J-Curt on announcing was gold, Regal slagging each off.

Guest Da Showstoppa
The highlight for me this week was Regal talking about hang-gliding or something in the nude and when he landed they arrested him and called him 'Madam'. The stuff with Maxine and J-Curt on announcing was gold, Regal slagging each off.

That was brilliant entertainment - Regal was hilarious again. Did anyone notice Curtis' handcuff switched wrists for the backstage segment? Regal cuffed his left arm in the ring.

Guest Alexanderdgreat
I didn't enjoy this show as much as the one a couple of weeks ago, but as long as Lord Regal is in charge, i will be tuned in.

Guest Alexanderdgreat
Can someone tell me the name of the move that Derrick Bateman used to knock the doo-rag off of JTGs head? "My goodness!" (in Booker Ts voice)

Guest Jimmy Redman

Whatever is was, its awesome and needs to remain his new finisher.

THIS SHOW IS WACK.

So Nattie is a heel on NXT? Have they ever introduced her and Tyson's relationship into kayfabe? Even if they have, I mean, with my conspiracy theorist hat on (hi Maxx) if they're doing it for a reason that is another on the list of sinister messages delivered to women on TV.

I like Maxine's Dragon Sleeper. Match fell apart with the hot tag though, not sure what on earth Tamina was doing.

You know, having a babyface tag team partner attacked backstage before the match, and the GM deciding to just remove one of the heels and make it a fair one vs one fight is one of the most sensible things ever booked on television.

Tyson vs Curtis was pretty good. Curtis is a guy who, ring wise, is completely nondescript by himself but able to be good with someone more interesting than him. The definition of carryable then, I guess. Anyway, my favourite part of the match was Mike McG complaining about Striker asking easy questions and Striker nonchalantly going "I was just giving you some softballs.." and Mike just goes "Oh...OK." Laughed forever.

Show needed more Regal and backstage shenanigans.

Edited by Jimmy Redman

• 3 weeks later...

NXT to become WWEFCW?

Starting on May 17th, WWE NXT will hold it’s own tapings, combined with Florida Championship Wrestling starting at 7pm at Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL. Tickets are free to FSU students with ID as long as they reserve tickets in advance.

PWInsider.com reports that this is being done so that it will make it easier to integrate the WWE developmental talen tinto the mix for NXT. The general hope is that the University feel will result in better crowd reactions, as well as help to upgrade FCW TV to a better look.

WOW< thats really gonna make NXT different, look, feel etc. This is the change thats been coming to fcw. wonder if it's the revolution theyre hyping? Given the way this news is popular knowledge, I'd think not

Guest John Hancock
Giving out free tickets to FSU students seriously has potential to go jaw-droppingly wrong.

Full Sail University has issued the following statement (credit: WrestleScoop.com):

WWE and Full Sail University are combining forces to make entertainment history! The WWE franchise NXT is moving full-time to Full Sail University and Thursday, May 17th, 2012 will be its inaugural event. A powerhouse night of hard-hitting action returns to the Full Sail Live Venue as WWE invades the Full Sail University campus!

The night will feature a special appearance by WWE’s own Triple H and includes a WWE Superstar Showdown with World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus going against Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship and Kofi Kingston and R-Truth going against Epico and Primo for the World Tag Team title!

Want to sit ringside? Wear your favorite WWE shirt and bring your most creative wrestling sign and you could find yourself closer to the action than you ever imagined.

This event is free to all Full Sail students and staff with a valid Full Sail ID. Please send your ticket request to events@fullsail.com for tickets!

Considering that guys like Tyson Kidd and Michael McGillicutty are rarely, if ever, used on RAW or SmackDown, the new NXT may be the only weekly show they work.

Guest Maximinn

Kotaku also picked this story up because FSU has a course about games. Those guys will report on ANYTHING no matter how tenuous the link is to gaming.

Do you think this will make much difference to who appears on the show? It's rare for someone to appear on NXT and Smackdown in the same week and they already make the lower end of the roster fly back to appear at FCW quite a lot don't they? I think itll be business as usual but with a different backdrop. Maybe the crowd will be a bit livelier if they came just to see NXT rather than it just being the warm up for Smackdown.

yeah I think this is going to be one of those, flourish or die type scenarios. It has the potential to be an absolutely brilliant move and make NXT even more must watch, as let's be honest it's gotten way more interesting than Smackdown as of late. Or the small crowds and backdrop may completely screw it over and we'll not hear of NXT again

It looks like they are going to either triple up on tapings or it will be a show that airs every three weeks as the Wrestling-Online Newsletter is saying that they will be taping the new NXT show on May 17, June 14, July 5, and so on.

Regardless of what they do with the show, I think it is safe to assume that we will find out a lot more on Wednesday.

Come to think of it, I wonder if they might have Triple H make an announcement about it on RAW since he is scheduled to appear.

Edited by TPIB

Jim Ross rumoured to be involved

Ooh, interesting. I read that William Regal will still be doing color commentary. Should make for an interesting announce team.

It kind of makes sense too given that Josh Mathews (the hardest working man in the WWE, it seems) will need to be on the road for his commentator and interviewing duties.

Edited by TPIB

Guest Da Showstoppa
I wonder if the viral videos and the "revolution" might have something to do with this?

Guest Ciaran The King
I hope so, with the multiple introduction of new stars this could be a very exciting time for WWE