Fan Clubs (beta)

Game Of Thrones - Season 2 *UK Pace*

Guest Ciaran The King

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[video=youtube;25KABvPbq-U]

I LOVE this show. Just watched the recent episode yesterday. John Snow and Ghost, Arya and Jaime "The King Slayer" Lannister are my favorites. I loved Kahl Drogo too, but oh well. I hate Joffrey Baratheon, the little piss head. He makes a great heel though.

I have a feeling I will love the books, when I read them, but, like Wheel of Time, I refuse to start reading them until the author is done with the series. The show is great.

Guest Maximinn

Man I love this show. I don't want to read the books until after it's all finished. They're not going to go anywhere.

Ned Stark's fate in season 1 was the most jaw dropping thing I've seen on tv in years. Reading the books would have ruined that.

Joffrey eventually getting his comeuppance is going to be SO sweet. I'm hoping he gets eaten by a dragon personally.

(It's ok to post spoilers for season 1 in here right?)

Guest Jimmy Redman

I watched the first two eps of Season 2 with my friends, and I have to say, going in knowing nothing about either the books or Season 1, and not having much of an interest in the genre...it was pretty awesome and I want to see it all now.

Everything is cool as f*ck, Joffrey is the greatest heel you ever saw, and...Lena Headey.

I'd probably tag season 1 spoilers just in case for those who want to get into the show due to how great season 2 is already. But I dunno, that's mod work.

Anyway, I read the first book after season 1 and I'll do the same with book 2 even though there is some run over. I have to say, it's quite possible that Peter Dinklage is the best actor on television these days. He's simply amazing. I LOVE the interactions and borderline douchbaggery from Tyrion, Baelish and Varys. It's a toss up between those three for the smartest character in Westeros.

Episode 3 has been the best of the season so far and I believe that's in part to no Daenerys. I'm sorry but the Khaleesi seriously pisses me off despite her 'companions.' I do have a fondness for Ser Jorah so the Dothraki side of things isn't a total waste.

Oh Joffry, that little bastard I love to hate. I really hope Stannis the Mannis beats him to death in front of Cersei.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I had to open up the Wiki page just to decipher your post :lol As I say I've watched two eps but I have absolutely no knowledge of this whatsoever. I know Joffrey, Stannis and Tyrion by name, thats literally it. I have no idea whatsoever what people's names are or whose side they're on or where in the GT Universe they're from. Its weird, but at the same time it was kind of fun to try and figure things out as I went along.

And yes, Tyrion rules. I think he's the character I like the most so far. I'm also totally down with the blonde sheila, but thats mainly because, again, Lena Headey. I love Joffrey as a heel. Also, I think the guy who in Ep. 2

went off to recruit his father's fleet for [Robb Stark?] and accidentally hit on his sister

is another good bumbling heel. For some reason Jon Snow already pisses me off, he seems like a tortured reluctant babyface and that just annoys me. The rest I'm not familiar with yet.

I swear, I read the damn Wiki page and I still have absolutely no idea who anybody is. I dont mind not knowing everything, like I said, but just tell me, which one is Daenerys?

Guest Maximinn

I watched all of season 1 and all of season 2 so far and I don't know who anyone is either :lol. I SUCK at remembering names.

I'm waiting/hoping on the moment when we get to hear

"You're a wizard Bran."

"I'm a what!?"

I had to open up the Wiki page just to decipher your post :lol

My bad. :lol

I dont mind not knowing everything, like I said, but just tell me, which one is Daenerys?

Daenerys is the Targaryen who was given and wed to Kahl Drogo of the Dothraki. The horse people. She's the blonde with the dragons.

Sorry, I get carried away. Like I said, I read the first book, but one of my friends was hooked on the series years ago and told me a ton of spoilers so I'm familiar with pretty much everyone.

Theon Greyjoy is the dude who almost boned his sister. He's got some serious issues goin' on right now too. I kinda feel bad for the guy.

"You're a wizard Bran."

"I'm a what!?"

That's awesome. :lol

Well, he does have a 'pet' giant.

Edited by Maxximus

Guest Jimmy Redman

The blonde sheila walking through the desert with the dragons? OK, I gotcha. They were the least interesting people to me. Not knowing why she has her problems, I dont care about her problems.

Its not your bad, its just that I have zero familiarity with it.

Guest Maximinn
Yeah they've not done much with her this season. She was great in the last one though. I assume she's going to become more important later on.

Guest Ciaran The King
Plus give you a better idea of what's going on at the wall.

Loving the wall, and after the final scene of episode 2 I was freaking out

I've just watched the first 5 episodes of season one.

It was supposed to be one or two, then before you know it there goes my Friday night.

Awesome, awesome show though. Jon Snow has so much bada*s potential it's untrue.

Guest Ciaran The King
I've just watched the first 5 episodes of season one.

It was supposed to be one or two, then before you know it there goes my Friday night.

Who need's drug's or drink when you have Game of Thrones

I'm finishing off the series now. Just watched episode 7. Sh*t's going down!! :eek

EDIT: I want a dire wolf :(

EDITEDIT: Aaaand that's Season 1 done. We're just taking a little break, then jumping straight into season 2.

EPIC!!

Edited by dsrchris