Fan Clubs (beta)

Game Of Thrones - Season 2 *UK Pace*

Guest Ciaran The King

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are just too many characters that hold my interest right now and some of the things Daenerys has done have really pissed me off.
That's the thing about the show, there are so many good characters all vying (or supporting claims) for the Iron Throne. I can't wait to see what happens to them all.

Drogo was excellent...but I'm still supporting Daenerys. I think we may not see much of her this season but maybe next season when the dragons are bigger. (I'm avoiding book spoilers...so please don't tell me if you know already). :P

Guest Ciaran The King
That's the thing about the show, there are so many good characters all vying (or supporting claims) for the Iron Throne. I can't wait to see what happens to them all.

True, the one great attraction is the multiple character as stories that come from their exploits, if you had just two or three main protagonists then the story would be over far too quickly.

Guest Jimmy Redman

OK, OK, I admit, I take it all back.

I really liked Daenerys in 2.05 :lol

Coincidentally, its the first episode in which something interesting has happened with her. As I've been saying all along, my only real problem with her is that her wandering around the desert looking emo was boring as f*ck. NOW, things are starting to go down.

I loved her face when the warlock was like "Come with us to the Undying whatever". I loved the black guy swerving and proposing so they can TAKE THE IRON THRONE. I'm actually interested in what happens to her now, and judging by the preview for next ep there's going to be some serious business going down with the fat white guy. So dont worry guys, I have turned the corner.

In other news, Tyrion and Bronn rule the school. Loved bullying the blonde kid in his midget tent, loved Bronn just sh*tting on the wildfire guy, and loved Tyrion bitchslapping Cersei around.

What I also loved, A CERSEI SIGHTING. I am so in love with Lena Headey.

I didnt realise the demon spawn was going to kill people. Bad ass. I'm with Lord Stannis' Friend, I dont trust the ranga lady either. I felt bad for the giant lady, I'm glad she hooked up with Catelyn. I quite like Catelyn as a character.

Laughed at thingy getting even more emasculated by his "crew" and his sister, like that was even possible. But then he hits on the GENIUS PLAN and bingo, he's on his way.

Could not be more uninterested in whats happening at the Wall/in the snow though. Now they're boring the crap out of me.

Man, when Arya met That Guy That She Saved and he was like, "I'll kill anyone for you" I was like "JOFFREY! JOFFREY! JOFFREY!" But killing the torturer guy is fair enough. I loved the end how she was just like "Wow..." and almost getting a smile on her face that she now had this killing machine at her disposal. She's gonna go badass on everyone soon.

Having said that, this show needed more Joffrey. Hopefully he's on next ep.

Man, when Arya met That Guy That She Saved and he was like, "I'll kill anyone for you" I was like "JOFFREY! JOFFREY! JOFFREY!" But killing the torturer guy is fair enough. I loved the end how she was just like "Wow..." and almost getting a smile on her face that she now had this killing machine at her disposal. She's gonna go badass on everyone soon.

Ah, but the man still needs the girl to speak two more names...

I have no idea who that dude is, but the fact he only refers to himself as "The Man" is all kinds of epic.

Guest Maximinn
OK, OK, I admit, I take it all back.

I really liked Daenerys in 2.05 :lol

Coincidentally, its the first episode in which something interesting has happened with her. As I've been saying all along, my only real problem with her is that her wandering around the desert looking emo was boring as f*ck. NOW, things are starting to go down.

I loved her face when the warlock was like "Come with us to the Undying whatever". I loved the black guy swerving and proposing so they can TAKE THE IRON THRONE. I'm actually interested in what happens to her now, and judging by the preview for next ep there's going to be some serious business going down with the fat white guy. So dont worry guys, I have turned the corner.

In other news, Tyrion and Bronn rule the school. Loved bullying the blonde kid in his midget tent, loved Bronn just sh*tting on the wildfire guy, and loved Tyrion bitchslapping Cersei around.

What I also loved, A CERSEI SIGHTING. I am so in love with Lena Headey.

I didnt realise the demon spawn was going to kill people. Bad ass. I'm with Lord Stannis' Friend, I dont trust the ranga lady either. I felt bad for the giant lady, I'm glad she hooked up with Catelyn. I quite like Catelyn as a character.

Laughed at thingy getting even more emasculated by his "crew" and his sister, like that was even possible. But then he hits on the GENIUS PLAN and bingo, he's on his way.

Could not be more uninterested in whats happening at the Wall/in the snow though. Now they're boring the crap out of me.

Having said that, this show needed more Joffrey. Hopefully he's on next ep.

Was this the last episode that aired in the UK? I've been downloading them every Monday and the last one I saw was 2.06. I thought the UK was getting this at the same time as the US?

Guest Jimmy Redman
From the times at which people have been posting I assumed that the UK and US were the same. I'm a week behind here in Aus.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I was a little "F*ck a Daenerys" again after this. To someone who isnt familiar with her backstory she just comes across so...arrogant, I guess. As much as the fat white guy is a total creep I totally didnt blame him for being all "You and whose army?" when she was asking him for his ships. Although I felt bad for her by the end when some f*ckers killed everybody and took the dragons.

I got a total "Oh God no!" feeling when Baelish walked into Tywin's office and Arya was freaking out and trying to subtly hide from his line of sight. Also great was the entire death scene of that guy - from being being sonned by Tywin, Arya stealing the note, finding That Guy and their conversation, and finally the guy dropping dead in the doorway. Awesome fun.

LOVED the scene where Theon killed the old man. His bumbling heel self trying to explain kingship to the Stark kid and everyone sort of being familiar with him but like, he's on the other side now and its all kind of awkward. He doesnt want to kill the old man, because he knows him, but he's goaded into it by his desperate need to earn respect from his "army", and he ends up going completely apesh*t on the old man's neck. Theon is a great character. And Robb Stark is going to f*ck his sh*t up.

Speaking of, I enjoyed Robb hitting on that chick in such an awkward, "Aww Mum!" way.

F*CK JOFFREY MAN. Him acting like his usual c*ckish self, and then leaving Sansa to get raped and killed by the hoards was so awesomely evil. TYRION slapping the piss out of him was badass, as was the scarred up guy saving Sansa from gang rape. Also, Cersei.

Dudes wandering through the snow north of the Wall has replaced Daenerys wandering through the desert as my least favourite thing. At least the Jon Snow/ranga chick face off was good, although Jon Snow is such a simple, Quixotic dumbass that I have zero sympathy for him when he does things like not killing a girl or objecting to feeding babies to wolves. Like, get with the program man.

Guest Ciaran The King
Theon has instantly become one of my favourite characters, also must comment on the scene where Xaro Xhoan Daxos became King of Qarth

Guest Ciaran The King
Loving the Warlocks and you just know that the house of the undying is gonna be epic