Martial Arts

WWE WrestleMania 30 Trip Planning

Guest FreeSpirit

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be booking with 3 other buddies on Monday. I'll probably fly into New Orleans, then rent a car and drive to Houston to do the Space Centre and another 2-3 days there then fly back.

Can't wait! Going to book Dragon Gate, ROH and some others as well that usually roll into town. Chikara was good last year says my buddy who I'm going with.

Bring it on!

I'm hoping the whole Chikara situation has been sorted by then, but yeah, I'm looking to trawl some of the Indies over that weekend too.

Plus I've got to get an Axxess ticket too.

Man, this is gonna be an awesome trip, but it's beating the sh*t out of my bank account! :lol

Guest John Hancock
I'm hoping the whole Chikara situation has been sorted by then, but yeah, I'm looking to trawl some of the Indies over that weekend too.

Plus I've got to get an Axxess ticket too.

Man, this is gonna be an awesome trip, but it's beating the sh*t out of my bank account! :lol

What's the Chikara situation?

On Chikara's last PPV (2nd June I think) the show ended with the Director of Fun coming out, tearing down the set and telling the crowd to get out. The next day all dates on Chikara's website had been cancelled with no other news, and the only real thing mentioned was Icarus tweeting that Chikara was still alive for him and that he'd be at the next show.

At the show that was scheduled next on July 17th (which was also cancelled) a bunch of about 50 or so fans turned up to hold a "Chikara Vigil" when Icarus turned up asking them if anyone else was there, then proceeded to hand out a bunch of shirts, sign some autograpphs, and hang out for an hour for so.

The interesting thing is reports that EVERYONE in Chikara was asked to sign some sort of non-disclosure agreement earlier in the year, which lots of folks assumed meant that Chikara was gonna end up on TV somewhere along the line.

What's looking more likely now is that Mike Quackenbush has got some big elaborate scheme concocted that's going to play out somehow over the coming months.

I'm hoping it is just some crazy angle they're pulling, or some kind of rebranding maybe? I mean they've had storylines involving Archibald Peck getting hit so hard it ent him back in time to be replaced by one of his ancestors, so it's well within the realms of possibility that Chikara as an entire unit are pulling one big swerve on us all. I just hope they can hold enough people's interest until the big payoff. Should there be one.

Guest John Hancock
That all sounds pretty crazy for a publicity stunt, but it's Chikara, so at least it fits. I'd love it to be a build to T.V. personally, no matter how unrealistic that is

Guest FreeSpirit

I'm now wondering next year whether to do 2 weeks in April for WrestleMania, or a month in August/September for SummerSlam and Night Of Champions.

Decisions Decisions...

• 1 month later...
Guest HH-Evolution
I have a potential windfall this year coming that might just be what kicks me into getting to go this year...no guarantee, but if it all works out, then Evolution is flyin' over to see just how 'Good for business' things get at Mania! :lol

printing off everything i need for hotels and flights for next year :) to show how much the hotels in new orleans are taking advantage, its normally 99 bucks per night, on wm night it's near 250

I'd also advise those to decide soon, new orleans hotels are beginning to sell out as we got the last king size bed a mile away from the superdome resereved and fought to find it.

who's getting mania tickets from ticketmaster?

I'm booked into the Clarion Inn for 3 nights, about a mile away from the Superdome. Meeting the family up in Brooklyn on the Tuesday for my Mothers 60th so Its worked out pretty nicely.

The presale code will pop up on the news sites, It usually gets posted on here too.

Guest FreeSpirit

More WrestleMania info, courtesy of wrestling-online.com folks...

WRESTLEMANIA TICKETS ON SALE ON 16TH NOVEMBER:

WWE announced that tickets for WrestleMania XXX will go on sale on Saturday 16th November, starting at 11AM EST / 10AM CT on Ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices range from $25 to $850 with additional - but limited number - Gold Circle VIP packages available for $2,000. The Gold Circle packages include seating in the first four rows ringside, a Gold Circle VIP stadium entrance, a collectible WrestleMania XXX ticket holder and the

commemorative WrestleMania XXX take-home folding chair. WrestleMania XXX will take place at the Mercedez-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana!

LOCATIONS FOR AXXESS, HALL OF FAME, AND RAW AFTER MANIA ANNOUNCED:

Along with the announcement of the WrestleMania tickets, WWE also released the locations of the weekend activities that will be part of the show. The four-day WrestleMania Axxess event will be held at the Ernest N.Morial Convention Center which is located just a mile and a half away from the Superdome. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony and Monday Night RAW that will follow WrestleMania will be at the New Orleans Arena which sits right next door to the Superdome. Location for the other activities during WrestleMania week have not been announced yet!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FreeSpirit

Going to America from April 5-23 for WrestleMania and Easter. Fly into Houston and out of Chicago.

This trip will have me visiting Houston, New Orleans, wherever SmackDown is on the Tuesday night, South Padre Island in Texas, Dallas, San Francisco (which includes a day trip to Yosemite National Park) and finally Easter in Chicago.

Only paid for the return flight to the USA, the San Francisco to Chicago flight and the motel in New Orleans at the moment, but the whole trip should all paid off for by the end of November, apart from tickets for RAW and SmackDown which I'll buy whatever date they get released.

• 1 month later...