Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE SummerSlam 2013 Discussion Thread - August 18, 2013 from Los Angeles, CA (#26)

TPIB

The 26th annual WWE SummerSlam will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on August 18 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA.

The hour-long SummerSlam Kickoff Pre-Show will air live at 7/6c prior to SummerSlam and will air exclusively on WWE.com, Google+, Yahoo, Xbox Live, Playstation Network, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, & Samsung Smart TV's.

The official theme song for this year's SummerSlam is "Gold Rush" by Clinton Sparks (f/ 2 Chainz, Macklemore, & D.A.).

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/wwe-summerslam-2013-poster.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

WWE Championship: Special Referee- Triple H:

John Cena © vs. Daniel Bryan

Ring of Fire Match:

Kane vs. Bray Wyatt

Mixed Tag Match:

Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E. Langston & AJ Lee

World Heavyweight Championship:

Alberto Del Rio © vs. Christian

Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow

Natalya vs. Brie Bella

The Miz to Host SummerSlam

United States Championship: Kickoff Match:

Dean Ambrose © vs. Rob Van Dam

The Ring of Fire Match will be a match where the ring will be surrounded by fire, preventing anyone from entering or exiting. The match ends via pinfall or submission.

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

So now that we know the main direction they're going, how amazing is Summerslam shaping up to be?

Cena vs Bryan

Punk vs Brock

Shield vs Henry/Usos (hoping and praying for this)

Sandow vs Cody

Dolph vs Big E's Bosom?

Plus whatever the hell RVD, Jericho, Alberto, Sheamus, etc. are doing. But the top two matches are absolute money.

That's a helluva question Jimmy. I'd be p*ssed if Bryan won and Orton cashed in, but I'd be totally okay with Cena winning if it ended with Orton cashing in on Cena.

I'd be super p*ssed if Cena has a 435 day reign. SUPER. P*SSED.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Lose the WWE Title to Bryan? Yes of course I do.

'

The vast majority of the time I'm not in the 'blind mark' state of mind with Cena where I can't bear to see him lose regardless of the circumstances. I feel that way about other guys far more, for instance, Mark Henry. I knew he wouldn't win at MITB and I still felt sad when he lost because I want him to be WWE Champion as a fan. Off the top of my head the only time I have felt that about Cena in recent memory was when he lost to Rock at Mania 28. It's pretty hard to care too much about Cena losing from a mark perspective when he wins most all the time.

With Cena it is more that...I don't mind if he wins, if that makes sense. Other people do. Those times that make boys on the internet go all "ARGHCENA~!", I either don't care, I laugh, or I enjoyed him winning. He's a guy that I can enjoy watching him win. And this is all completely separate from the fact that I enjoy watching him wrestle and am a fan of his work.

So anyway, I'm rambling, but point is, as of this moment, Daniel Bryan SHOULD beat Cena for the title. He really should. And I really want him to.

Guest BrennenYo

I have high hopes for Cena vs Bryan.

Im sure the outcome will suck either way, but as long as they have a nice awesome long match i'll be happy.

Orton was hurt on Smackdown and it's a spinal injury. He could be shelved for awhile. Maybe making a return cash in sometime down the road but I doubt it'll be at Summerslam.

This is what's gonna happen. Cena goes over Bryan at Summerslam. Bryan wins The Rumble leading to Cena/Bryan at Mania 30. Cena shows Rocky how it's done by giving Bryan the rub at Mania but still going over Bryan. Daniel Bryan beats Cena on Raw the next night making Bryan a legit main eventer for a long time to come. Orton comes out after being gone rehabing for months. Cashes in on Bryan and wins leading on to a feud with Orton that Bryan eventually wins, then has his title run. It's always better when a babyface is chasing the big title and imagine a fired up Bryan like never before feuding with a returned and refreshed heel Orton. Shut up and take my money.

Wrestling mutherf*ckin' GENIUS!

So now that we know the main direction they're going, how amazing is Summerslam shaping up to be?

Cena vs Bryan

Punk vs Brock

Shield vs Henry/Usos (hoping and praying for this)

Sandow vs Cody

Dolph vs Big E's Bosom?

Plus whatever the hell RVD, Jericho, Alberto, Sheamus, etc. are doing. But the top two matches are absolute money.

Jericho will be off on another one of his sabbaticals after this week's SmackDown, going on tour with Fozzy. According to this tweet from Jericho, he will probably not be seen in the WWE until 2014:

So long to @WWE for now…2013 was one of my favorite in ring yrs ever! Thx for always sticking w Y2J & see u on the road soon w @FOZZYROCK!