Fan Clubs (beta)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

BRM

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Affleck? Well no worse than Val Kilmer or George Clooney neither of which suited the role. So I will give the lad a chance. After all back in 1987 people thought Keaton was a horrible choice but he nailed the role. Affleck could be good or bad, but I will say it is an odd choice.

:1wave:1wave:1wave:1wave:1wave:1wave:1wave:1wave

[video=youtube;bbud0c7zrDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbud0c7zrDQ

You can have that and I'll take the Ben Affleck from Hollywoodland, The Town, Argo, Dogma and Good Will Hunting.

I think he'll be a great Bruce Wayne and he has the jaw-line to make the cowl work. Plus, I'm sure this will make him the only man to play Superman and Batman on the big screen.

What gets me about all the "Ben Affleck as Batman is the worst decision ever" brigade is that we had this exact same argument brought up when the "pretty-boy-gay-cowboy" was cast as The Joker, when Daniel Craig was cast as Bond, when Bale was originally cast as Batman and when Keaton was originally cast as Batman.

Going even further back in time, the same argument was dished out by the Hollywood press when Christopher Reeve was first cast as Superman.

They all turned out alright.

What gets me about all the "Ben Affleck as Batman is the worst decision ever" brigade is that we had this exact same argument brought up when the "pretty-boy-gay-cowboy" was cast as The Joker, when Daniel Craig was cast as Bond, when Bale was originally cast as Batman and when Keaton was originally cast as Batman.

Going even further back in time, the same argument was dished out by the Hollywood press when Christopher Reeve was first cast as Superman.

They all turned out alright.

Daredevil.

Edited by dsrchris

Daredevil.
There was a lot wrong with Daredevil (mainly studio meddling; the Director's Cut corrects a lot of the issues), but Affleck was by no means bad in that film.

On a side note...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Well, I'm done with that movie already. See you later folks.

... I guarantee that you are not done with this film and you will watch it.

Daredevil.

Equally....

John Connor.

And like DC already pointed out, Daredevils problems weren't Affleck. That's actually a recurring theme in his career, it's easy to dump on him because he's made some very poor movies, but he's rarely actually the problem.

Edited by etz

I guarantee that you are not done with this film and you will watch it.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure I am done with this, and there's no way I'm paying to watch this movie.

Equally....

John Connor.

And like DC already pointed out, Daredevils problems weren't Affleck. That's actually a recurring theme in his career, it's easy to dump on him because he's made some very poor movies, but he's rarely actually the problem.

In your guys opinion Affleck isn't the problem. I think he is

I can barely tolerate him in the Kevin Smith films, let alone junk like Pearl Harbour, Daredevil, Jersey Girl, Gigli, Reindeer Games (or Payback, or whatever the hell they're calling that), and chick sh*t flicks like the awful, AWFUL he's not that into you. There is NO WAY I'm letting him wreck Batman for me.

Oh, and saying he wasn't bad in Daredevil is a crock. The dude was cringeworthy, especially when he's supposed to get all emotional about Elektra.

In summation, f*ck Ben Affleck, and there's nothing anyone can do to change that.