Fan Clubs | beta

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

BRM

Guest The Beltster

If you clowns get your way this is what's coming:

http://www.theamericanjerk.com/images/7-2006/7-10-2006/IndianSuperman.jpg

Indian Superman is so shote he has to use the telephone.

http://www.stomptokyo.com/sings/superman/img/hair5a.jpg

But he's bagged himself Spiderman and Spiderman wants him so bad she's abandoned her secret identity:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NxUfZADuPBo/TUd4NEteQVI/AAAAAAAAAcs/4x6HcsmXiBU/s1600/superman-spiderlady.png

Hor-ren-dus!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
And from reading your post, you seem to be insinuating that I'm only annoyed because a white guy has been re-cast/re-imaged black, which in turn would make out that I'm a racist or something...if thats what you think I'm saying, you're getting the wrong end of the stick.

No, not at all, I'm saying racial recasting happens all the time, even in situations that are based on real people, and it's never really been an issue, let alone when it's based on a comic book character.

Shaft and B.A. and all those are different, they're, for lack of a better term, black characters, they're, like, enshrined in blackness. As I said, I wouldn't want to see a black James Bond, or a black Superman, or a black Batman, or a black Spiderman, or any of those characters where their whiteness is, like, a thing, like a part of their image, even a minor part, or a part of their character, but I just don't really see the difference between a white Lex Luther and a black Lex Luther, his race never seemed important to me. And who knows, maybe they are changing it for a reason, maybe there's a motive, maybe it's a play on Barack Obama, or a way of making Luther obviously self-made, instead of an "old money" guy like Batman because a black American billionaire is instantly identifiable as a self-made billionaire, so it's a back-story shortcut, or a way of explaining why he's got such a stupid Lashawnda-y name, or something like that, who knows, maybe they were just the best three actors who auditioned. Either way, I just don't really see the problem.

Guest John Hancock

Maybe I should have said making Peter Parker black. They can, and invariably do, stick the costumes on whoever they like. Is Peter Parker still dead in comic book world?

Kingpin was changed to a black man and Michael Clarke Duncan was perfect in the role (for me, anyway).

Nothing was perfect about Daredevil. Nothing.

Im not sure, nobody seems to know if hes meant to be black or not in that. All I could find (I just went a-looking) was that its based on Telly Savalas (Greek), so maybe its meant to be slightly swarthy Mediterranean type? Would you call that black? I wouldn't, but what do I know anymore? :lol

Guest The Beltster
Well there is a Black Spiderman. Miles Morales, the new(ish) Ultimate Spiderman.

I stopped reading when they made the switch, but that's more to do with me thinking it went a bit sh*t with no Peter Parker.

You dont like Superior Spiderman?

You dont like Superior Spiderman?

Haven't read it yet. My love of Ol' Webhead has been flagging in recent years since they've done stupid things with the story.

The whole mindwipe/storyline reset was really badly handled, then the Ultimate Universe just flat out killed Peter Parker off so I've laid off Spidey for a while.

Is Superior Spider-Man any good then?

Guest Yodahew
Im two books into ultimate spiderman and i gotta say i love it. Iv got the first three ultimate comics spiderman and they are good as well. Miles is a different spidey with different powers. Iv got ultimate spidey 1-20 and ultimatium onwards.

I collected all the TPBs for Ultimate Spiderman from the original hardcover all the way through to the Death of Peter Parker. I just can't go along with anyone other that Petey being Spiderman. It just feels...wrong?

Although, they do still have one of his clones running round as Spidergirl (or whatever they're referring to her as now), so there's a possibility for bringing Pete back at some point...