Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Last Wrestling Match You Watched

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman

The old thread has slipped away and it was getting huge anyway, so a fresh start is in order.

Please no spoilers in this thread, for current stuff use the show threads.

Just re-watched Cena vs Henry from Money in the Bank. Loved it even more on second viewing, I guess because it was hard to see everything properly with a choppy stream the first time. Just a great Cena vs monster match. They built it perfectly from start to finish and everything had a purpose. There were two opposite stories in this, Cena started out tentative and got his ass kicked, and basically took all match to put up a fight and get into it, while Henry started out strong but ended up more and more frustrated, getting desperate enough to cheat and it backfired on him. Like one guy got better as the match went on while the other slipped off, which is why one is the champ and the other isn't.

The suplex on the stairs was awesome. And doing the giant swing in the ring to lead to doing it on the barricade was a nice touch. Henry's neck snap on the ropes looked even more brutal too because he didn't hit it smoothly, so he looked like he really just ran and bulldozed right over his neck. Henry in general did a great job setting the pace and the tone, and Cena selling for a monster is his best role. Really like this, it's one of the best PPV matches of the year so far.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tink Holloway

I last night watched The Foreign Fanatics V All Americans match from Survivors 93 (I'm going through every WWF/WWE PPV in order).

I still love the bit where Yoko smashes Taker's head into the ring steps and Taker completely no sells it with Yoko looking wide eyes with fear. Great way to build to their match at rumble the following year.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Tanahashi vs Ishii, NJPW G1 Climax Day 2

I am keeping up with the bare essentials of the G1, and you all should too. All the cool kids are doing it.

Anyway, this RULED. Just ruled. Tana morphs more and more into Cena with each passing day, as here he works a kind of cocky, vaguely heelish, Cena-vs-the-crowd-favourite-of-the-week type thing against Ishii, the endearing underdog who came to murder him. Too much cool sh*t to even go into here. They just pack so much in, and build and build and build, and the finish is unbelievably great. I was going insane for like the entire last 5 minutes. Recommend it to anyone wondering what all the fuss is about.

Guest oliverjksmith
Watching No Mercy 2008- Just got through the Divas title match between Candice and Phoenix. Amazing to see Matt Hardy getting a huge pop vs Henry in the opener, even more amazing is seeing Hardy go over clean!!???

Guest Jimmy Redman

The Shield vs Cena & Sheamus & Ryback, Elimination Chamber 2013

I've had this as my #2 match of the year all this time, and after giving it another watch, I know why. This is OUTSTANDING, and even with the next four months after this consisting of nothing but awesome Shield matches, this is still their creative peak. Every moment ruled, everyone played their role to perfection, everything built the story. The heels were great dicks and every single thing they did reinforced their gimmick and the "divide and conquer" thing they have going on. Cena was excellent in peril. Ryback was beastly. Sheamus/Reigns was a cool little story that ended up being the crucial factor in the match when Reigns spears him through the barricade to set up the finish. I could go on and on and on about the story of this match. Amazing.

Guest Ciaran The King

WWE title match, Backlash 2009. Backlash was the PPV WM25 should have been.

Loved the 6 man, a non stop exciting match made better by 'crazy' Orton

Guest Jimmy Redman

Sheamus vs Big Show, Hell in a Cell 2012

When this match happened I went more than a little insane, and ended up writing a gigantic essay post explaining why it was probably the greatest thing to ever happen to the human race. You all know that I like to have a lot of fun with wrestling, both watching it and writing about it. I can say without hesitation that I have NEVER in my life had as much fun writing about pro wrestling as I did there. Reading it now still makes me smile, because I remember exactly where I was and feeling so excited that I thought my head would explode.

ANYWAY, I hadn't seen it since then so I decided to give it a go, and it was all I remembered it to be and more. Holds up perfectly. This is seriously one of my favourite matches of all time. I miss Sheamus already. At least Show is back.

Guest Ciaran The King
Sheamus vs Big Show, Hell in a Cell 2012

When this match happened I went more than a little insane, and ended up writing a gigantic essay post explaining why it was probably the greatest thing to ever happen to the human race. You all know that I like to have a lot of fun with wrestling, both watching it and writing about it. I can say without hesitation that I have NEVER in my life had as much fun writing about pro wrestling as I did there. Reading it now still makes me smile, because I remember exactly where I was and feeling so excited that I thought my head would explode.

ANYWAY, I hadn't seen it since then so I decided to give it a go, and it was all I remembered it to be and more. Holds up perfectly. This is seriously one of my favourite matches of all time. I miss Sheamus already. At least Show is back.

DO you record all PPV's or watch them back online??

Guest Jimmy Redman

I've stopped buying PPVs out of poverty. When I bought them I'd tape them onto VHS and have a copy. Now I stream them live and if need be rewatch things when they surface on Youtube.

Unless it is a show or a DVD that I own, its just Youtube, as in this case.