Last Wrestling Match You Watched

Guest Jimmy Redman

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Edgehead
Christian/ADR, Summerlam. A very, very good match

Would have stolen the show on most ppvs. Amazing a match this good was only a distant third

Guest Jimmy Redman

AJ Styles vs Austin Aries, Impact 1/8/13

I tried to watch this twice when it happened and got interrupted both times, so I finally saw the whole thing. Really good match for the style, if "Working Specifically To Get "THIS IS AWESOME" Chants" can be considered a style. But they worked a good pace, kept up the back-and-forth/Even Stevens narrative all the way through, laid in some hard shots and took some nutty bumps outside towards the end. Finish is a piece of sh*t, but whatever. Definitely one of the better TNA matches of the year.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Polvora vs Titan, CMLL 1/1/13

Today has been Watching Pimped Non-WWE Stuff Day.

I am someone who loves lucha when I see it in WWE, and kind of doesn't love it when it is actual lucha. There's just something about lucha that I don't quite get yet, although its probably because I've seen less of it than everything else and it is kind of an acquired taste.

ANYWAY, the point is, I'm not even a huge lucha fan and I LOVED this. Bunch of cool spots, crazy bumps and spectacular dives in this, too many to name really, and that is all I really want out of lucha. Seriously recommend checking this out.

I'm watching the Legends of Mid-South Wrestling DVD and have just finished the Coal Miner’s Glove Steel Cage Tuxedo Loser Leaves Town Match with Jim Duggan taking on Ted DiBiase.

The whole DVD has been great so far.

Also, that stipulation alone shows that WCW and TNA's excess was not a new thing. :lol

EDIT - Forgot to mention that the finish is probably the best one-punch knockout shot (outside of Big Show's run of out-of-nowhere KOs... especially the "hot tag, BAM, knockout" on Shad Gaspard) you're likely to see.

Edited by DC

Sticking with the Mid-South DVD, I've just watched The Midnight Express v The Rock 'n' Roll Express from May 1984. No Disqualification, two amazing tag-teams, Jim Cornette at ringside and a white-hot crowd make this unmissable.