Fan Clubs | beta

Game Of Thrones - Season 4

King

Guest John Hancock
I'd be pretty upset too if I spent the better part of two decades invested in a series just to see it end up as a trashy tv fantasy soap opera.

So Marvel Comics then.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dpddave
Another "meh" episode to go along with the last 2. The season has been a letdown for me so far.

Yeah we get a weak episode where they tease something exciting for next week. Next week comes along and the exciting thing becomes a disappointment. I'm not sure what's keeping me watching at this point. I'm close to dropping the show entirely and just finishing the books.

At least Sansa ate her lemon cakes.

Heartbreaking.

During principal photography for season four, the cast of HBO's hit series Game of Thrones hit the beach in Croatia, where the scenes in King's Landing are filmed. Stephen Dillane (whose role involves playing Stannis Baratheon) was swimming with co-stars when a small child was dragged under the waves and began to struggle to stay above surface.

As his co-stars rushed to help, Dillane held out an arm in front of them, stopping them and was reported saying by Lena Headey, "The waves have claimed her, let her fight for her own life or else pay the iron price". The cast, dumbfounded, proceeded to watch her struggle until her body disappeared beneath the waves, lifeless. Dillane was later spotted outside the child's house, making drowning gestures and thanking the family for their child's sacrifice to the great ocean.

Another "meh" episode to go along with the last 2. The season has been a letdown for me so far.

Yeah we get a weak episode where they tease something exciting for next week. Next week comes along and the exciting thing becomes a disappointment. I'm not sure what's keeping me watching at this point. I'm close to dropping the show entirely and just finishing the books.

At least Sansa ate her lemon cakes.

I'm still really enjoying it, the past few weeks haven't been as eventful as some of the others but for me, there is still enough going on to keep me hooked. Do you think that maybe because you've read the books the show seems to be going at a slower pace? Or have they actually slowed it down due to the wait for the next book to be released?

What is it with Sansa...she gets all the luck when it comes to marriages :lol

I'm more intrigued about Bran's storyline after this episode, sounds like it could be interesting.

Yeah some of the stuff going on now is original show content since they split one book into two seasons in hopes Martin puts a book out. At this rate the producers have all the endgame info regarding the main characters so they can go along with their own story if they eclipse the books.

I'm okay with that, I really liked the Jon Snow/Bran at Craster's original stuff and the Craster's son's reveal - it's all very excititng, but I feel like there's book content they could be using as well. Why introduce characters if you're not gonna use em?

I'm sure it'll all work out in the end but for this week at least I'm on the fence.

Guest dpddave

Ramsey is so badass he survives a fight with spec-ops iron born in a small room with no amour and then allows the leader to get out of his keep unharmed. What? Scene made zero sense.

The trail was pretty cool though and the trail by combat should be great.

I bet Max was delighted to end on another cliffhanger!

Guest John Hancock
Say, isn't that the fella from In Bruges?

Jordan Prentice, or whatever that dude's name is must be really kicking himself mustn't he.

I don't mind really. Actually I thought it was perfect. It hyped me up for The Trial By Combat next week.

Agreed about the Dread Fort stuff, it made no sense at all. Ramsay is awesome but it was at the cost of showing how brutal the Iron Born can be. This show needs more Iron Born. There's a few characters they better cast for next season or I'm gonna be disappointed.

Loved the Iron Bank stuff too.

Guest John Hancock
I'm disappointed to see Maxx reviewing an episode with no mention of the lemon cake situation. How many lemon cakes were eaten?

Guest dpddave
It hyped me up for The Trial By Combat next week.

There's a few characters they better cast for next season or I'm gonna be disappointed.

Look up the episode titles. Also people that haven't read the book don't look up the episode titles unless you wanna be spoiled.

Ye I'm hoping to see a couple of brothers next season as well.

Oh I already know what's in store and I can't freaking wait to see it!

How uncomfortable was that Reek/Ramsay scene? Theon's and idiot but I can't help but feel sorry for him.

Ye I'm hoping to see a couple of brothers next season as well.

Me too. They better not be cut, dammit!

Another great episode!

The Lannisters seem to steal the show each week! Those final moments with Tyrion were fantastic to watch, one of the best scenes from the show so far.

I can't believe Shae turned on him like that, even with their break up I would have thought she was more sensible than that. I'm hoping there's more to this.

I was looking forward to seeing Yara again but they seemed to have totally rushed those scenes to the point I couldn't quite understand what was happening. It was as if they cut out bits inbetween.

The scene with Ramsay giving Reek a bath was so creepy...I hope Yara can survive the upcoming betrayal.

Braavos looked suitable impressive.

Can't wait until the next episode!