Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - January 27, 2014 from Cleveland, OH (#1079)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, Jan. 27, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Jan. 28, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH

Confirmed Matches/Events

Royal Rumble Fallout

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
I'm going to be watching just out of the hope of seeing more angry fans shitting on everything. I hope Bryan isn't on RAW either and everything gets booed out of the building. Vive la revolution.

Guest The Beltster

I've been moaning about wrestling for years and people get all pissy and tell me to quit complaining, now everybody is moaning and its cool.

Obviously I'm a trend setter. You're welcome, asswipes.

Guest John Hancock
I think Batista's going to get an embarrassingly bloody-minded failure of a face push, because they won't want to do heel vs. heel for the title at 'Mania, and I don't see Orton losing it before then.

Guest The Beltster
Didn't Batista turn himself heel last night by flipping off the fans and mocking the Yes chants after the Rumble ended? The guy is a diva at the best of times, the booing will cause him to fly into a massive roid rage soon enough, its going to be fun to watch.

Guest HH-Evolution
Wouldn't mind seeing this RAW create build to have Bryan as a third member of the WM main event...not too late, Vince!

Guest Edgehead
Unfortunately WWE seem to think they know what the fans want better than the fans do, even though they couldn't have made it more obvious that they don't want Boretista shoved down their throats

Guest John Hancock
Didn't Batista turn himself heel last night by flipping off the fans and mocking the Yes chants after the Rumble ended? The guy is a diva at the best of times, the booing will cause him to fly into a massive roid rage soon enough, its going to be fun to watch.

I think that was just Batista reacting. He's like John Cena in that he's at his best when he's just going with the crowd instead of trying to pretend they're aren't there. He didn't act very heely during the match, I just don't think he could help himself, and couldn't pretend what was happening wasn't like everyone else tried to do.

On air, I think Orton was the only one who played along. If you watched the show on mute, you'd have no idea what was going on. There was a look on CM Punk's face, after Mysterio came in, that just said "I f*cking told you this was going to happen". Punk tends to be pretty smart in terms of guessing crowd reaction and, the whole Rumble, he was acting like he knew exactly how f*cked they all were come number 30.

Unfortunately WWE seem to think they know what the fans want better than the fans do, even though they couldn't have made it more obvious that they don't want Boretista shoved down their throats
that's not what they think. they think they know what's best for business better than the fans do.

As it goes, they do.

Guest Edgehead
that's not what they think. they think they know what's best for business better than the fans do.

As it goes, they do.

If having Batista headline Wrestlemania is "best for business" then their business is in a p*ss poor state to say the very least

If having Batista headline Wrestlemania is "best for business" then their business is in a p*ss poor state to say the very least

I wasn't talking about any singular specific decision. I'm just saying that I don't think they think they know what the fans really want better than the fans do. I'm sure they totally, 100%, thought that fans wanted to see Daniel Bryan in the Rumble last night. I'm sure that they completely understood that a lot of fans wanted him to win it too.

Yet that's not what they went with, and I can only assume that they think the road they are going down is better financially because at the end of the day that is their responsibility, to make as much money as possible.

However they came to that decision, it was not because they thought they knew what the fans really wanted deep down, and that whatever that thing was it wasn't Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble and going to Wrestlemania.

Guest John Hancock

Why do we have to care what's good for business? I wanted to see Bryan win. The entire crowd wanted to see Bryan win. 98% of the people on this website wanted to see Bryan win. The vast majority of people on Twitter wanted to see Bryan win. I couldn't possible even begin to give a f*ck what the WWE wants financially, I saw a show, and I didn't like it, and neither did most other people who saw it from the sound of things both online and at the show. They're an entertainment company, that I watch, and I'm not a shareholder, why am I supposed to care about them making money? I want to be entertained, and last night didn't entertain me, and I'm not alone in that.

Your claim is that the WWE intentionally sabotaged a show and made the climax of their biggest gimmick match of the year a global laughing stock knowing full well that was going to happen, because more people will pay money to see Batista vs. Orton than Bryan vs. Orton, like either one of those two matches would draw a single extra buy to WrestleMania anyway?

I don't think for one second that the WWE knew how bad the crowd reaction was going to get, because their booking completely ignored it. If they knew that was going to happen, why did they pretend it didn't?

Why do we have to care what's good for business? I wanted to see Bryan win. The entire crowd wanted to see Bryan win. 98% of the people on this website wanted to see Bryan win. The vast majority of people on Twitter wanted to see Bryan win. I couldn't possible even begin to give a f*ck what the WWE wants financially, I saw a show, and I didn't like it, and neither did most other people who saw it from the sound of things both online and at the show. They're an entertainment company, that I watch, and I'm not a shareholder, why am I supposed to care about them making money? I want to be entertained, and last night didn't entertain me, and I'm not alone in that.

Your claim is that the WWE intentionally sabotaged a show and made the climax of their biggest gimmick match of the year a global laughing stock knowing full well that was going to happen, because more people will pay money to see Batista vs. Orton than Bryan vs. Orton, like either one of those two matches would draw a single extra buy to WrestleMania anyway?

I don't think for one second that the WWE knew how bad the crowd reaction was going to get, because their booking completely ignored it. If they knew that was going to happen, why did they pretend it didn't?

your putting a lot of words into my mouth (or typing fingers) that I haven't said.

I don't think you should give a monkeys about what's good for business. I don't. I have my favourites the same as you, I have certain presets about what I want to see from a wrestling show as you. Whether they are the same as yours, or anyone else's, doesn't matter.

I'm not saying you should care, or that anyone else should, about what the WWE think is good for their business. I'm just saying that is what they will base their decision on. Not some grandiose notion that they think they know what you want better than you do.

I didn't claim that they intentionally sabotaged anything. I claimed that they knew fans wanted to see Bryan win, but for some reason (and the most obvious assumption is a financial one leading into Mania) chose to ignore it. That's not intentional sabotage.

I didn't say that they expected the reaction that they got last night, I said that they must have known that people wanted to see Bryan in the Rumble, and that a lot of people wanted to see him win it. That's not nearly the same thing.

Guest John Hancock

Then what's your point? That an entertainment company cares more about money and ratings than entertaining it's audience and telling logical, complete stories? That's the whole reason people are mad in the first place. Last night wasn't about good heat, it wasn't about anticipation, or holding off, those weren't storyline boos, they weren't smiley boos, they were "Oh, I wasted my money" boos, they were angry boos. It was the WWE taking their ball, putting their fingers in their ears, sticking their tongue out and going home, because you WILL like Batista, and you WILL watch Randy Orton have title matches, and you WILL stop making a fuss about Daniel Bryan, because Bryan doesn't make money and f*ck you for liking stuff that doesn't make money.

It's not a good thing, or a smart thing, or an entertaining thing, and it's not going to change 'Mania's 1.1 million buyrate one inch, other than it's going to result in a hot undercard match, and a title match that gets booed out of the building.