Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - January 27, 2014 from Cleveland, OH (#1079)

TPIB

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
Fair enough, you may have me there. I still say though, that good business isn't a defence for bad story telling, and I think they spectacularly misjudged the ending of the Rumble, which makes me doubt whether, if they did appreciate what the fans wanted, they appreciated just how much they wanted it.

I don't think it's a defence for it at all.

I just don't believe that everyone sat around in a room discussing how to book the Rumble completely oblivious to what the fans wanted for Daniel Bryan. They watch the shows, they're a part of them, at the very least they see those irritating yes chants and know he's getting a reaction.

like you said though, I don't think they beleived it would cause the reaction it did last night. There are plenty of times when it makes better sense to not give the fans what they want. I'm sure they thought this was one such occasion. Whether they're right or not is a different matter. That was my only point, that I thought that's where they were coming from. Not that they sat there genuinely thinking the fans wanted something different. They couldn't have got together thinking that the fans didn't want Bryan in the Rumble, or winning it, and they they wanted Batista to win it instead.

Guest John Hancock
Actually, I can totally imagine coked up Vinnie screaming "F*CK THE FANS, DAMMIT!" while he oiled up Batista's biceps in his office.

Guest The Beltster
You know what we start to see lots of tonight...

http://i.imgur.com/6Xe9LFt.gif

Every year this makes me crazier than a shit house rat...pointing at that f*cking sign. Every single year its the same thing, its like WWE just have to be as repetitive as possible. Its so fake and forced and lame. As soon as Batista won I said to my Mrs watch this guy take the 2nd rope and point at that logo, and sure as sh*t there he was, on the 2nd rope, pointing at it. Its sooooo outplayed and overdone. Its stale! Stop pointing at the f*cking sign.

Its one of those annoying little WWE'isms that makes me want to explode. Like when guys leading into a PPV go face to face in the ring at the end of RAW without saying a word and the champ holds up his stupid little belt as it fades to black. Its just the same old thing year in and year out.

I hate it! The WM sign is the biggest heel in the building for me. It has legit heat.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest Frank Botch
After rewriting several segments throughout the day, we just got word the show is changing again less than two hours before it's start.

Also, it's confirmed Big Show is not at TV, as he flew home from Pittsburgh on the same plane with Kevin Nash.

Update: The writers were just called in by Vince McMahon and they are rewriting the show.

Dave

PWInsider:

"After last night's crowd reaction, Vince McMahon issued an edict this afternoon that the script for tonight's Raw needed to be heavily tweaked. The writers were still working on changes about 90 minutes ago.

One source noted that McMahon was not changing the script because of the negative crowd reaction to Batista and the John Cena vs. Randy Orton bout, but "in spite of it." We have also been told that the new script was a vast improvement from the original direction."

Drama.

Edited by Frank Botch

Guest John Hancock

BOO! I want to see the bad script so badly.

EDIT: Man, they're going to make it into an angle! Stupid sensible writers, I wanted my car crash.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock
How much fun would it have been if they pretended the Rumble was great all show, and then, in the very last segment, Bryan does a dominant run in and clears the place out, and we shall shit ourselves and take back the mean things we'd been saying for three hours? I'd have pooped, or at least watched next week. Now it's just another RAW. No evidence that it's going to be a bad one, but I got all excited about something special and crazy and post-Mania-y.

Are the Cleveland fans retarded? Jesus christ! Get your chants right! One part chanting "Yes" and the other "Daniel Bryan". And when they chant "Yes", they don't do it all at the same time.

Man, I LOVE troll HHH. Him making fun of "us" at the start by saying in a mimicking voice 'Oh, you didn't get what you wanted?'. Hunter being a dick/troll is awesome. :lol

Guest Frank Botch

http://24.media.tumblr.com/27410876861fcc55f40214653b7e2115/tumblr_n036za1W0v1qcluu2o1_1280.png

Crowd had like four cues to sync their chanting and it was still a no go.