Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - January 27, 2014 from Cleveland, OH (#1079)

TPIB

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

Shut up crowd. You were supposed to chant "Daniel Bryan" for three hours, if you can't do that, better to just be a normal crowd than to steal other people's eight month old jokes.

EDIT: The NAO intro never gets old. It's so weird that it's cringingly terrible when Michaels and Trips do it, but when it's Jesse and Billy, it's a thing of beauty.

Edited by John Hancock

The NAO are my favorite tag team ever. Mother****ers look exactly how they looked 14 years ago, albeit Billy's going a little bald. LOVE the theme song, LOVE their intro.

OH SHIT, RELEASE THE KRAKKEN (Brock)

Guest John Hancock
Every T.V. main event should be a six man, they're just so much fun, and you don't waste any pay-per-view quality singles matches. Fun little match, everyone had their moment, a ton of spots, and a screwy, but acceptable finish that protects every. Perfect wrestling T.V. I'd say.

Guest The Beltster

The Old Age Outlaws are class!

Shaping up already to be the best HOF group ever.

Edited by The Beltster

I was hoping for Warrior and Jake after all the recent activity (Warrior in the latest game and his new DVD and Jake on Raw), but now I have no idea about who else will go in.

I've heard talk of the WM I main event going in, anyone else heard about this? If that means we get Mr. T at HOF then I will go nuts. Especially if Stallone inducts it for the Clubber Lang, Thunderlips connection.

Have we ever had a Tag Team induction? I'm looking at your Avatar Belty and thinking, could they spring Demolition on us for the HOF?

DDP to induct Roberts, that's who I think Roberts would want anyway.

If they are to induct the Wrestlemania 1 main event, do they need Ali or could they get away with not using him?

Guest BarrettBarrage
Thought this weeks Raw was pretty good; especially from a wrestling standpoint. I felt so bad for Rollins when he slipped.

[quote=Burakiosaurus;1267601

Have we ever had a Tag Team induction? I'm looking at your Avatar Belty and thinking, could they spring Demolition on us for the HOF?

The Demo's would be awesome, also think the Midnight Express should go in, although I think Bobby Eaton is unwell.

Guest John Hancock
If they are to induct the Wrestlemania 1 main event, do they need Ali or could they get away with not using him?

If they could get him, they should induct Ali as a celebrity. I imagine he'd be up for it, because he was a huge wrestling fan as a kid, and might get a kick out of it. Him and Tyson are probably the two most deserving non-wrestlers or promotors.

Guest The Beltster

I'd mark out for Demolition. Could you imagine Warrior, Snake and Demo in one year along with Hogan and those guys from the WM1 main event?! F*cking amazing. Hogan and Warrior together again at the same event is a dream come true for me, I dont care one iota about any match at WM, but the HOF and Hogan and Warrior at Mania means I'll be buying this show, first PPV I'll have paid for since SummerSlam 2005.

As for Ali, I doubt they will have him, he is in a wretched state these days, he can barely stand up, can no longer talk, plus in reality, he really wasn't that much of a big deal in the main event, outside ref who really didn't have much to do with anything.

Guest FreeSpirit
Yeah I would love Ax and Smash in the HOF. By far my favourite tag team as a kid. What Rumble was it when they were tag champs and they started as numbers 1 & 2 in The Rumble? Was it 1989??

Guest John Hancock
Yeah, '89. I like that spot, where you put a tough guy babyface tag team in the first two places, and they beat each other up because they're so crazy and tough that their friendship can take it. They did it with Foley and Funk in, I think, '98, and with the Hardyz a couple of years after that (2000 or 2001 I think, although, thinking back, one of them might actually have entered third).